• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

St Andrews - 10th October 2011 - Small Heath still lives!

Started by Reikhardt, March 01, 2011, 02:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanSC4

Amazing update!  &apls

Where do you get those flat rocks that are along the shore in the last picutre? I see everyone using them but I have no idea where to get them from.

canyonjumper

Sean, I went looking for them, but they appear to have disappeared from the STEX.....

Reikhart, you're just pumping out updates, I love it! What you've got here is amazing and I cans see why you were selected for OSITM ;D

Your friend,
                             Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

marsh

Fantastic work. That looks eerily similar to something I made...  ::)  :D

,marsh  :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto

Awesome teaser!!!   :thumbsup:

wwecruz

I can see! Nice work

noahclem

Beautiful teaser! You've done some really nice work with the rock and shoreline there. Can't wait to see the rest of the update!

Reikhardt

Replies:

SeanSC4: Thanks! Link sent in a PM for you but here they are again! Flat Rocks

Jordan: Very kind words, thank you!

Marsh: Do you mean This one? I wondered if you'd notice ;) I loved the angle of the shot and I wanted to see if I could replicate it! I nearly made a reference to your shot in the original post, I'm not ashamed of being inspired by your work  ;D

Tomas Neto: Thank you!

wwecruz: Thank you too!

Noah: Thanks Noah. Full update in the next day or two!

Should have an update in the next day or two (7 month old babies eat RL time!) but out of courtesy, I've replied to those kind enough to comment here!

Battlecat

Well your earlier terrain experiment was very effective.  I like how the swamp turned out, it's very unique.  I also really like the details in your latest mini-update.  Looking forward to your next one! 

Reikhardt

Replies:

Battlecat: Thanks for the comments! I have to say I can't make up my mind if I like the swamp or not, but if I try something different I'll always present it in my diary. Who knows, maybe I'll inspire someone to do it better!

And so, our first look at Small Heath!

Small Heath is a modest town which has formed by a number of small villages merging together over time, unchecked by planning restrictions. Today we'll have a look at the church, the rail station and the town centre.

The Church is actually one of the oldest buildings in Small Heath. Notably in 1978 the then Mayor, the Rev. AJ Willis, had to employ a team of English stonemasons to repair some of the external walls of church at great public expense.

Trains only stop at the local station twice a week. People rarely leave or come to Small Heath.

The town centre, much like the rest of Small Heath is a quiet place.

Most notable is the Town Hall. The building was commissioned by the aforementioned Mayor AJ Willis, who is remembered for his often extravagant public spending.

Business here is limited to a number of small shops, liquor stores and takeaways.

Thanks to everyone for viewing, commenting & for the general support!

Next up: We'll take a look at the town's sleepy industry and the fishing docks on the River Teme!

rooker1

Now that's an awesome update, maybe my most favourite of yours to date.
&apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Battlecat

Super cool update!  Something about that first shot just feels so organic it's hard to take my eyes off it. 

noahclem

Beautiful little village! I love it!

Tomas Neto

Awesome small city!!! Amazing work my friend!!! 

kwakelaar

I quite like the small town of Small Heath, a very nice update.

Reikhardt

Replies:

Robin: Why thank you sir! I really like how those shots came out!

Battlecat: Thank you! I've found it really hard to present those long shots of my towns, mainly due to the fact that you can take plopping MM trees only so far from the buildings before your brain melts! Marsh's Simfox tree controller has made it a lot easier to match plopped trees with MM trees.

Noah: Cheers!

Tomas Neto: Many thanks, glad you liked it!

kwakelaar: Thank you very much!

As Small Heath has grown slowly over time, industry has sprung up wherever appropriate land was available. As such there is no industrial 'district' as one may find in a larger, better planned town:

The notable employer of the town is the fishing harbour just to the south:

I hope everyone enjoys this update!
Thanks for all comments and feedback, really is appreciated!

wallasey

A far cry from Small Heath, Birmingham!

Great work another settlement!

Tomas Neto

Really awesome work again!!! Fantastic!!!   :thumbsup:

noahclem

Great work!  &apls  I especially love the fishing harbor and the first picture! Can I ask what mod you use to get those white cliffs?

Kergelen

Nice fishing harbour  &apls &apls

Links to SC4 websites

mave94

The details here are very great &apls
Where did you get the blast furnace at the bottom of pic #4 from?

-Matthijs