• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Zeroing City V.4 - New version of Dukes

Started by Uzil, January 31, 2011, 01:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uzil

Quote from: rooker1 on November 10, 2011, 07:20:01 AM
I see you are posting your pictures as jpgs now.....thank you very much for that.  But the ones at the top of the page are still pngs and take a long time to load.  Please convert them when you have the chance.  It's really in your best interest as well as it is a rule that MD pics should all be jpgs.

Robin

Yes I am aware that PNG is a heavy format, but other than the GIF is the only one to offer a transparent quality, but if it's really annoying, I would use the latest format.  ;)

Quote from: Swordmaster on November 14, 2011, 06:48:07 AM
Very nice pictures! But, are these seasonal and non-seasonal trees mixed together? Or did you just take the pictures in early fall?

All lots didn't have the chance to use seasonal trees  &mmm

Uzil

(Sorry for double post...)

QuoteQuiet area of ​​the city, located to the west of OakRiver, it is the ideal place to live middle and upper families fleeing the city center and agitation. Through the regional network of rail transport, the area is well served and the people are 20 minutes from Ganton or Algoquin. They can always take their car or bus to get to work, many avenues and expressways are available.

(As usual, click on the pictures to watch in high definition 1080p).

Enjoy  :)

Swordmaster

Quote from: Uzil on November 17, 2011, 11:52:46 AM
Enjoy  :)

I did, very much! Quality suburbs with very nice seasonal trees.

Might I ask how you got the trees in the AVE-2 ?

Cheers,
Willy

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

Ol.S / Benoit

Great atmosphere as always :) Nice pictures.
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

bat

Some great updates with a lot of fantastic pictures of your nice city there!!!
Looking forward to more...

Uzil

Thanks for your comments  :)

New : A summary is avaible on the first post !

QuoteLocated south of Algoquin, Ganton is the new commercial area of ​​the booming city. Many skyscrapers were build in twenty years. Major hotels in the city are also located in this area, lively during the day but quiet at night, it contains only 83,000 inhabitants to 500,000 jobs in office towers, which explains the great pendulum specific Ganton.

As usual, all pictures are available in high definition, click it to this.

Enjoy  ;)

Snaper99

So wie ich zu werden ist nicht schwer, so wie ich zu sein dagegen sehr.
Braune Kisten forever =)

Risu

You manage to make a "griddy city" actually look good. :) I like the balance of buildings & parks, and how you make use of multiple tiers & levels. That's the problem with so many cities anymore; they're almost all on flatland.

The only thing I'd recommend - altho' I have no talent to back this up, but - you seem to cram everything so close together. Try experimenting with planting trees to divide diffrent areas, or something. Just a suggestion.... ;)

Uzil

QuoteNo no you're not dreaming, Zeroing City begins its new version, its mayor ever more demanding decided to build a huge map (large 15x15 tiles) to recreate the city of freedom and capitalism. The old version is stored and kept on servers IDS Corporation (a large company based in the city) and the pictures will still be available for a possible event. And it is in the cold of winter here are the first images of a whole new neighborhood, just east of town on the edge of the fields and the ocean, I named Garrison.

(All pictures are available in high definition with a single click).

QuoteWill be present in this version:
-A large international port connected to the world, with a very powerful industry.
-Pollution levels revised downwards due to the exclusive use of nuclear energy and biomass for power and roads widened to avoid congestion.
-Several airports.
A business center, even more will cover three squares, which Algoquin, Ganton and Torrington.
A suburb, surrounded by vast fertile plains that extend for miles of cultivable areas.
-Highways, railways, TGV line through the town, an overhaul of the subway system.
-A map of the city with the various tourist attractions, economic, hideouts premises for sale and more ...

Click on the picture to see the larger image (1080p)

To be continued ...

rooker1

Very nice update, I especially like the last winter pic.

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Some really nice stuff here!  &apls  That winter picture is excellent and I love the way your suburban areas look.

RickD

The winter pic is really beautiful. The first one is great, too. I like the grid.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Ol.S / Benoit

Great pictures ! Winter one is also my favorite :) Good luck with Zeroing City 3.0 !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Risu

I'm starting to closely examine your style. Hopefully I could learn something from how you layout your cities. Particularly suburbs.

Uzil

Thanks for your comments  :)

Sorry for being inactive for a while but I was pretty busy in recent weeks because of my studies, but now here is a new video, taken in the neighborhood overview of Garrison on the east of the city :
http://www.youtube.com/v/e6BH9MST9vs

noahclem

Wow, that's an amazing video!  &apls  You're city is really beautiful.

apeguy

Looks like I missed a couple of updates, which was a shame because they're awesome! ;D ;D

Just one thing, in your Ganton update, I saw an el-rail bridge that I've never seen before, but it looks quite cool. I was wondering if you could post a link to it? :)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy