• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Roumeli and Other Reincarnations (Update 2: 29 Sept, 2011)

Started by DCMetro2834, December 17, 2010, 02:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCMetro2834

Hello SC4 Devotion!

Some of you might have seen my CJ over at Simtropolis: http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=1517

Lately, I have been focusing on more of a Mediterranean and rural style of play, as my family comes from Sparta in the Peloponnese, as well as Roumeli in the Central Mountains of Greece. I had been meaning to try this style of play for a while, but haven't gotten around to it until now.

So, for the most part, I will posting rural and Mediterranean-styled updates for all of you here at SC4 Devotion!

Without further ado....I have a recent mosaic to kick off the CJ. I will also add some storytelling into the CJ updates, just not this one!  :P

Hope you enjoy!

Live life to the fullest!  :satisfied:

DC

WC_EEND

Now there's a rural picture you can genuinely be proud of, can't wait to see more...

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

art128

I can tell you that this is a really nice start for a MD, DC. Very good looking farm lands. I wish I could build them just like you.

Can't wait for more.
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kwakelaar

A very nice rural scene to start off this new MD.

noahclem

Very nice railway, canals, and farms   :thumbsup:

Good luck with your new MD here!

Terring7

Ðïëý ùñáßï, êáëÞ óõíÝ÷åéá :thumbsup:

(Very nice, keep going :thumbsup:)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

DCMetro2834

Replies

WC_EEND: Why, thank you!

Art128: Thanks Art! Your CJ style is one I wish I knew how to do too. :P

Kwakelaar: Your comment is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Terring7: Σας ευχαριστώ πολύ! Παρακαλώ να επιστρέψετε σύντομα. (Thank you very much! Come back soon) I hope my Greek isn't too rough, by the way. :P

Update 1 - Thermopylae

Dawn is breaking on a small town in the Thermopylae district; the capital of Roumeli. On many mornings, fog blankets the small farming settlement; along with light rain showers. This Sunday morning was no exception.

But, the soggy weather is always defeated by the sun later in the morning. It always seems that on Sunday morning, the sound of Thermopylaens singing at the local Greek Orthodox Church burns away the fog.

The next morning is the beginning of the work week...and young Thermopylaens have a day at school ahead of them.

While the young Thermopylaens are at school, the elders and government officials can be found at one of the Parliament House in the town.

Those who are not government officials are most likely farmers in the lower class. President Nichloas Stavrakos is a farmer at heart, and even though his policies seem benevolent at times, his taxes on farmers are brutal. The lower class families are stuck in a chain of poverty that is almost impossivle to break. (The quote in this pic is from Frederick the Great).

Thanks for all your comments and views!

Live life to the fullest!  :thumbsup:

DC

Aaron Graham

Love the pictures, a different style. :thumbsup:
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

cubby420

Cool village and farms. Very interesting background info and story as well. Assassins Creed anyone?  :P

art128

hehe, thanks ! But commie CJ is not easy to do  ;D

Anyway that's a nice update you've shown us, I loved that Mediterranean styled town.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tomas Neto

Great update, and fantastic start on your MD!!!

peter007

Nice photoshopped. Really like it.

Keep on the good work  :P

Terring7

To be honest, this town looks more like Italian than Greek ::)
But still i like it. Great job :thumbsup:
Happy new year :)
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

CSGdesign

I like the contrast between the old style of buildings and the helipad and chopper.

Skimbo

Oh, A CJ by DC metro, I like the startup and look forward for more =)
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

DCMetro2834

Aaron Graham: Thanks Aaron! :)
cubby420: Sure; I'm up for some. :P
art128: Thanks Art, and I do admire your style. :)
Tomas Neto: Thanks Thomas! ;D
peter007: Glad you liked it, Peter! :P
Terring7: Yes, I see this as well. :P I would say Happy New Year, but it's almost October. :P
CSGdesign: Thanks; definitely an honor to get a comment from you! :)
Skimbo: Thanks a bunch, Skimbo! ;D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, well, it's been about 10 months. Wow. :P But recently, I've been messing around with various styles of content, and something came together. I'll leave it up to you to judge, though. =D It's just a little teaser, but it gives you an idea of what I'm up to these days.

The pic looks much better in full resolution, if you click the image. :P

I am really excited about a lot of the new content I'm discovering, I hope to post more soon.  :thumbsup:

DC

bat

Nice teaser! And the last year's update is nice, too... :)
Looking forward to more...

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---