• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Siilijoki

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlfatal

This sounds and looks interesting. I am curious, how you will develop a tropical African town!  :thumbsup:

romualdillo

I'm waiting for your new creation!!

Jmouse

It's great to see you starting fresh on a new region. It sounds like you have some terrific ideas for making this installment of Siilijoki a noahclem original. ;)

threestooges

Can't answer the mod question, but I like the direction you'll be taking things. It's also more incentive for me to get cracking on the game again. Looking forward to seeing the effect produced. Desert/arid areas haven't been the most developed ones in the community (though there have been some amazing examples concerning them) I will be interested to see how you accomplish it.
-Matt

Kergelen

Will be interesting to see how you develop the new style both from the point of view of buildings and textures, and the terrain and flora. Looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

noahclem

Thanks all!

This update, or at least parts of it, was intended to be posted a few days ago now (wife's birthday, computer crash, and re-starting work has slowed me down some) and I'm getting that feeling (and schedule) where if I don't just force myself to post something less complete than planned it will be several or more additional days before pictures that will hopefully by then be outdated will ever see the light of day. Medium-term schedule is still looking like plenty of spare time soon but there's a good bit to be done in the next few days as well as the last couple. Anyway, the Africa project continues if I've made some progress on the terrain mod. I'm still using the (very well-made) Sudden Valley "skeleton" but have switched almost all the textures, adjusted terrain mod controller properties, and made multiple water and beach mods (the beach mod shown today comes from a picture taken right next to my toes ;) ). I've found out better ways to do most of the stuff I've already done so a thorough overhaul is in order shortly but I am able to use a functioning, earliest alpha version of my TM and that's a bit exciting. I look forward to getting into that in more detail soon.

These pictures are a mix of my Africa SC4 pics and ones I snapped myself in Tanzania recently. Thanks again for all of your kind feedback and I hope to have all my replies written in in a matter of hours  &mmm
Click for full size

click

click

Cheers!

Bipin

Very nice work. I like the fusion between real-world photography and that of SC4. The second-last photograph of the dhow (?) is eye-catching in its contrast of new and old, and I like the lighting in the last picture.

Durfsurn

Ditto with Bipin in the fusion - really nice job. Will you be releasing all those terrain and beach mods?

-Billy

Swordmaster

Great work my friend. I know first hand how much work goes into the terrain modding, so good luck with that. You know where to find me if you need a hand ;)

Cheers
Willy

Jmouse

I love what you're doing here with the textures, Noah. That first photo is awesome – I feel like I could walk right into it and enjoy walking among the wildlife. The mixture of textures is truly amazing. Not just the base texture, but the flora – the weeds and trees – are blended together perfectly. If you can come home with this kind of ideas &idea, maybe you should spend some more time in Africa.

Gugu3

Well done Noah!Very interesting stuff going on :thumbsup:

carlfatal

Wow!  &apls
This is amazing, and the pictures are the first one, where I see Girafe´s animals, where they should be.  :thumbsup:

The beach looks awesome, also the rocky part does. But am I wronf, if I would suspect this kind of rocks in a more dry region?

Curious...  :)

vinlabsc3k

Sorry for the delay, :-[ I lost on Firefox the tabs of my followed forum threads :'( and I forgot your MD! &ops

Very very interesting! :thumbsup:
Maybe you could create a zoo, in the region, where people can drive like in a safari. ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

noahclem

Can't believe it's been over a year since I've done anything here and a couple days short of a year since anyone posted. But Badsim and Framly are apparently active again and three is a nice round number for active HoF MDs after a bit of a deep freeze  ;D

Little bit of construction is going on in a little bit of a new region

Which started out as a less complicated idea:

I'm pretty excited about the new project and look forward to sharing a lot more of what I've done and have planned. This isn't the original or second Siilijoki, or Selous. My goal is the ultimate winding road, tunnel, and bridge/viaduct region. I hope you'll enjoy it ;)

Quick questions:
1) Is there a good seawall someone can recommend for a shoreline height of 5m that's in a non-fancy area (ie Xannepan's quai Seine aren't suitable)? My current thoughts are either to temporarily raise the sea level and use BSC seaport walls or to just lower the shoreline in question to 250.5m and use one of several wall sets that I know appear well at that elevation.
2) Are there any good train station platform props? I've been pondering making a station based on Amsterdam Centraal that's got more than 3xDTR under the train shed but the train shed prop there isn't aligned properly to add a second train shed prop and more tracks and has the platforms baked in to the roof. I've been considering model tweaking the prop downward far enough to hide the platforms to accomplish this but then I'd need new platforms. However, the most likely result in this case is that I'll use RDQ's Flinders St Station and save us all the hassle ;)

Framly

Nice to see that the HoF is still alive! There are so many opportunities and stories to tell!  "$Deal"$

Let's the game derust (I'm a little rusty ;)) :thumbsup:

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

compdude787

This new interchange looks quite interesting! Can't wait to see the whole thing!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

vinlabsc3k

Great to read you again Noah!! &hlp

It's an interesting start, :thumbsup: but I would wait the full NAM release. ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

romualdillo

Great work Noah!! Although I'm not a highway fan, I can see the effort put into this...  &apls I'm astonished!!

I'm sorry I can't help you with your questions...  &mmm

Dantes

Your Highway/RHW scares me. I will not drive there by bicylce!

art128

Interesting interchange... Though massive! :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog