• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Introducing: Tree Controller Tool v0.1

Started by MutantPlatypus, August 23, 2010, 05:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MutantPlatypus

Hi.  I made something: on Google Docs and on File Den

The manual for it is in the ZIP file.  It has lots of pretty pictures.

Its a tool for editing tree controllers (specifically, CPT_No7a tree controllers).  You can use this to customize a tree controller with a little more ease than you can in iLive's reader.  If you go to this thread you'll find information on what the different properties are.  ...OK, you'll find very little information right now.  But you'll find links to other threads with more information.

Its still a work in progress, very rough, and as such I haven't submitted it for LEX candidacy.  Eventually the UI will be based in Java.  (Right now, Java just does the background work, and you use Excel spreadsheet to make things look pretty).  If you have any problems, let me know and I'll see if I can fix 'em.  As such, chances are I won't be improving the Excel spreadsheet interface, like adding more exemplar properties.  Eventually it will be entirely in Java, with a lot of handy features that I can't implement in any spreadsheet/database application.

Questions?  Bugs?  Comments?

P.S.  If you're an OpenOffce.org Calc wizard and can make this work with an ODS file... that'd be awesome.

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

TiFlo

This could indeed be very interesting if it is what I understand. However "Sorry, the page (or document) you have requested is not available." is all I get when clicking your link....

MutantPlatypus

OK, I've edited the sharing settings on Google Docs in the hopes that fixes it.  If not, you can try it at this URL: http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/8/19/2946655/Tree%20Controller%20Tool%20v0.1.zip

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

murray1234

When I save a new CSV file with the new values​​, import in java application and send update dat, dat file does not update.