• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Making/Editing Tree Controllers

Started by MutantPlatypus, August 08, 2010, 09:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MutantPlatypus

So after some hearty searching, I couldn't find any consolidated information on tree controllers.  I'll try to collect as much information on them as I can here, as I'm trying to modify one of Cycledogg's and need to learn me some stuffs.  When finished, expect the first few messages in this thread to contain a wealth of neatly organized information and how-tos when it comes to tree controllers.

Any knowledge contributed is greatly appreciated.  This is a work in progress.

I'll start by consolidating information found in this thread, as it has a lot but its all over the place and several other topics bounce in and out.

HOW TOs
Remove A Tree or Cluster
<p>If you don't like one (or more) of the trees being plopped by your favorite tree controller, its possible to remove or substitute it in the controller.  After you have identified the tree and located the exemplar with your favorite exemplar editor, you have a few options:

• Delete the Exemplar:  This is the easiest and worst way to handle it.  After you delete it, the tree or cluster will be re-plopped by the god-mode brush if you apply the brush to old instances of the flora.Needs Confirmation However, by deleting the exemplar, you won't have access to that flora through your mayor-mode menu if that tree or cluster was the first in a cluster cycle.  If it wasn't the first, you'll interrupt the cluster chain and won't be able to access the clusters that follow it in the cycle.Needs Confirmation
  • Edit The Cluster's Terrain Preference:
Edit the kSC4FloraPreferencesProperty (explanation to come later) property to be all zeroes.  This will preserve your access to the flora in mayor mode.
[/list]

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

MutantPlatypus

In this post I'm going to collect the information I know about all the properties you find in a flora exemplar.  The information here will either be an explanation of what I've found, or just a straight up definition if it has been confirmed by others.

kSC4FloraFamilyProperty (0xA8F149C5)
In simcity_1.dat, flora that is exclusively mayor mode has one rep for this property, and it's always 0xE8F02107.  The ONLY other place iLive's reader found that value was as the value of an unknown property in the City Hall lot configurations.  In the entire simcity_1.dat.  Thats it.  If you change this property to 0xE8F02106, the tree will start appearing in the god-mode brush.  Don't try to query the tree, though.  It will freeze SC4.

In flora that is god-mode (in simcity_1.dat) or dual-mode (in Cycledogg's tree controller), this property has two reps, and they're always 0xE8F02106, 0x48F02107.  Neither of these property values are found anywhere else in simcity_1.dat except on god-mode tree clumps.

kSC4FloraParametersProperty (0x083DC35B)
This property has 14 values, all except one of which are a mystery to me.  According to this post, threestooges was investigating it.  Lets hope he still remembers the results. :P  The only other info I could find was here, states that rep15 (later corrected to 13) is the radius of the flora.

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

CrossSide

Ok, first of all, I am a total noob with editing, modding and whatsoever. I just like to play the game with lots, bats and mods others creat and to you all: thank you for that! My problem is that my God mode tree controller plops all the trees I have downloaded so far, which does not look very nice. Now I can brush the trees, but that is gonna take ages. So I want to adjust the god mode tree controller and ended up in this topic. But for a real noob it's quiet hard to understand. With which program do I have to edit the floracontroller and/or is there an easier way to control my God mode trees?

Thanks in advance :)