• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Wonderful, wonderful stuff, David! The RHW was incredible before--now it'll be unbelievable!

Keep up the great work, my friend!

Dustin

io_bg

:shocked2: Now RHW cloverleaves will look better than ever!!! &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

kbieniu7

Excellent work, it's great.  ;)

Just a pity that SA euro textures don't work with new RHW  &mmm 
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Korot

They look great David!

And kbieniu7: Maarten (mrtln) created a new set of Euro textures whom are compatible with the RHW 3.0.

Regards,
Korot

homefryes

Quote from: dedgren on June 25, 2009, 10:17:20 PMMmmm- busy here today!

These are for our great friend Don (homefryes) for use in his great MD Ashtabula [linkie].

Like I've said there, his implementation of fractional angle road and rail couldn't be closer to the vision I originally had in conceiving it.  Don's work is a masterpiece!

Later.

David

I am so humbled ... and a little bit embarrassed, as I have been away from my own MD for over a month now! I've been terribly preoccupied (in RL events), and unfortunately will continue to be so. But maybe ... just maybe ... this will be enough to get me back into the game again and maybe post at least weekly. I've been so "out of it" (in relation to SC4D developments) as of late, that I don't even have the latest NAM improvements yet! Guess I'd better get busy with that first!

Happy Canada Day to my Canadian friends ... and to my fellow US friends, have a safe and happy Independence Day!

Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

dedgren

Heh!

I never know what the visits with the boys are going to be like.  In the past, there's been lots of waiting and structured time, so I've had quite a bit of free time to work on 3RR while in Helena with Josh or in Austin with Tristen.  Not this time, at least at the Helena end.  We've pretty much been going nonstop since we arrived Sunday evening, but that wound down as of a couple of hours ago.  We get to take Josh on an outing to Yellowstone Park starting tomorrow afternoon, and that should generate lots of good stuff to post during those motel room nights.

Tonight, I have an uninterrupted couple of hours starting right now, and I'm going to put them to good use moving our ongoing tutorial [linkie] along.  Thanks to all who let me know about the linkie confusion- I'll fix that, too.

So, take it easy for now, wherever you are, and have a look back in after a few.  We'll see you then.

Later.

David

341058 - We started July at 340400 pretty much on the nose.  My guess is we'll be well into the 360Ks when it ends.
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

david you must share Yellowstone with me!!! I was sooo mad when we was in Montana I couldnt get the family to detour down that way gaaah.... But we did go threw TR National Park with the Painted Canyons... Well hopefully soon I can get there lol...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kbieniu7

Korot, yes I know, but I think difference beetween puzzle pieces and draggable parts is too big.

Korot

Really? I don't. But it is the only version available that is compatible so you'll have to use that one for now.

kbieniu7

Maybe I'll test again but now, I'm still using v2.0.  ;)

MandelSoft

Still using v2.0? You're really missing a lot of essential things of v3.2! I strongly advise you to upgrade the RHW to v3.2.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

kbieniu7

Well, I really don't need various puzzles, overpasses etc, I prefer to have better textures.  ;)
Mrtnrln, Your textures are good too, but  in my opinion this made by SA are much better (maybe not just for this difference) ;)

dedgren

Part Six of the Fine Terraforming Tutorial is up!  Here's a [linkie].

I'm already working on Part Seven.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

dragonshardz

Quote from: dedgren on June 29, 2009, 08:47:47 AM
Ahh, but is it the northwest corner?  Being mistaken about this can certainly lead to frustration when we start We'll do this by selecting the Mayor Mode "Raise Terrain" tool, then setting it to its lowest force by pressing the [ shift ] and [ 1 ] keys at the same time.  Then, we'll set it to its smallest radius by pressing the [ shift ] and [ f1 ] keys at the same time.

David, the highlighted words should be flipped. SHIFT+* changes tooltip radius, SHIFT+F* change tool force.

On another note, have fun in Yellowstone!

EDITThanks, 'shardz- I've fixed the various problems (must be getting old, I am) and have put both you and Marius (M4346) into the 3RR Fact Checkers.  Thanks for keeping your eyes open! -DE

JBSimio

Just checking in... I've been trying to keep up with my reading here when I can, but it's been a pretty hectic week.  Tis the season in the world of resident camping which I call home!  :D  Anyone who knows me is well aware that this is never a good time of year for me to be an overly productive member of the community.  I'm still picking away at the FAB lots, but additional teasers may be few and far between over the next several weeks.  You'll just have to trust me when I say things are indeed happening.  ;)

Enjoy Yellowstone, David!

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Ryan B.

Quote from: dragonshardz on July 03, 2009, 04:56:27 PM
Hmm...you know, we have a list of those who have gotten a Double-00 post. Perhaps we should have a list of 3RR Fact Checkers?

I'm sure David has one of those sitting around somewhere.

rhizome21

Waaaahhh

JB, Exziviben, I'm stunned... it's another SC4 taboo that's about to bite the dust !

Yes, we need angled lots to conform with angled street, and curved ones too... ok, there's not a lot of curved buildings, but don't forget, in the countryside, that we may have curved / angled gardens, with houses not perfectly aligned...

anyways, it's great work, and i can't wait for the day when we can cram up our cities with all kinds of weird / non grid-aligned buildings configurations.

jf

jacqulina

wonderfull work david as allways

dedgren

We're at

Yellowstone National Park.  Yesterday was really nice:  wildflowers are everywhere.

So are buffalo calves.

There are geysers going off...

...getting ready to go off...

...and of course Old Faithful.

We'll be here another day, then back to Helena.

I'll note that I was told a couple of folks have posted here asking about Sarah Palin.  Thanks for understanding that whatever is going on there is not really relevant to 3RR- add to that I'm as clueless about what's up as anybody else.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

girlfromverona

Lovely pics, David! I really hope I get to Yellowstone at some stage in my lifetime. It looks amazing.  :)