• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

bat?
Quote from: bat on June 15, 2008, 11:15:52 AM
bat

brilliant update here David, thankyou for remaking the old posts, they are great :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Andreas

Quote from: star.torturer on June 15, 2008, 11:17:51 AM
bat?

Spam?  :D

EDIT: Ah well, David just explained it. ;) Congrats to the 4000th posting.  :thumbsup:
Andreas

thundercrack83

4000 posts!

Incredible, David! Not surprising, considering how amazing things here in 3RR tend to be--but incredible, nonetheless! It goes to show what a wonderful place you've created for us here, my friend!

And those pictures of Mt. McKinley and the drive to Fairbanks are fantastic, too! I vaguely remember that update from ST, but I'm so glad to see it again!

Have a good weekend, my friend!

Dustin

CasperVg

Incredible work here; plain breathtaking. I like the development with the FARR and everything else.
- Casper
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Pat

Bat you are a true gentleman and a scholar!!! :thumbsup:  David Congrats on such a wonderful milestone and did that check get here yet or did the USPS lose it  :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Congratulations on hitting the 4,000-post milestone, krbe. :thumbsup: And congratulations to David and all the 3RR regulars for making it possible to reach such an amazing goal!

Later...

Joan

Ennedi

Congratulations David! I think you will not wait too long for the next, even bigger milestone (5000  :D :thumbsup:)

It was a real pleasure for me to see your last old 3RR post. You live in the beautiful country my friend! And there is something really unique in this game: it brings us closer to our wonderful world, both ladscapes and people. Most other games only enables us to run away from the our life.

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Silur

&hlp
Hi, David ...
Excellent photos of Alaska -  &apls &apls &apls
I lived many years in Jakutia and now i see the same nature - this is Great !!!
But we haven't any good roads ... only Russian tanks can drive here ...
Thank You !!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EDIT: Silur, my friend- Jakutia?  Is that the region I grew up calling Yakutsk?

Like most Americans my age, I learned basic world geography here

-DE

dedgren

Until I can get together a proper celebration for krbe, our fourth "Triple-0" honoree (the first three being Alex (Tarkus): 1,000, Jeff (kalanc69): 2,000, and bat: 3,000), let me take notice of five folks I'll call 3RR's "Day One" Regulars.  Each has, by her and his steady stream of kind comments left first over at 3RR-ST and now here on SC4D, a special place in my heart, and I'd like to thank each here.

First, just 31 posts in (excluding my own)- Daniel (Shadow Assassin).

Daniel, your criticism is always robust and well-founded, making your praise all that much more special.

At 27 posts from go, we first hear from my dearest SC4 friend John (Darmok).

From building me a retirement place in Anduin Valley Revisited [linkie] to coming up with the final design of 3RR's flag, John's always been there.  Always.

Right before John, at 26, there's our friend bat.

Always a man of few words, but every one of them very welcome and always appreciated.

Only 20 comments from the 3RR universe's big bang comes Fred (freedo50).

Fred's my valued colleague on the SC4D staff, my partner in developing content, a true and steadfast friend, and just a great guy in general.

Finally, the seventh comment and the first of so many, many more was left by Jacky (jacqulina), that great friend to us all.

Jacky, your friendship and kind words have kept 3RR going when I was down and always made my day better no matter what.

Thank you.  Thank you to each and every one of you.  And thanks as well to all the rest of you, perhaps not mentioned but no less valued and honored.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jacqulina

thankyou so much david my friend. its been wonderfull following your progress here and i will continue to do so. &apls &apls

Lmac

hi david and others here at 3RR,

ive been lurking for about a week now, while i read this cj from start to finish. i first spotted 3RR on ST (about 1 1/2 weeks ago) and, awestruck as i was by the beautiful terrain, i followed it here to SC4D.

ive only recently started playing SC4 (my copy of Rush Hour shipped in today), and for someone like me to see the amazing things that have been produced by yourself and other members of the collaboration effort (indeed everyone at ST and SC4D) is just so inspirational to me and really shows what can be done with the game. i really liked those FAR puzzle pieces you guys have developed

one question: a number of people have asked you how you can cheat get squillions of simoleons to use in-game.

you replied (damn my inner noob has shown himself here: i haven't worked out the whole quoting thing yet) that all we had to do was open the cheat box in-game and type "Moolah", followed by how many simoleons we wanted. i tried this numerous times and it didn't work for me.

Any thoughts as to why this isn't working? or failing that, what are my other options with regards to using this cheat?

thanks for the rollicking good read and the amazing things i've seen

heres to many more,

Lach

JoeST

Hey Lmac,

you need the sc4cheats.dll

http://host.simvision.net/SC4ExtraCheats.zip

David: *speechless*

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Lmac

okay ive got it... now what?

sorry but im about as computer literate as that chimpanzee they trained to tell jokes by sign language

lach

EDIT: dropped it in the plugins folder.. i guess thats why it says "plugin" in the filename.

thanks heaps for the link, it works fine now

freedo50

Hey David, I haven't been posted in here in a while now, but rest assured, I am watchful as ever. Thanks very much for the tribute, it's been great watching this grow from a small upstart CJ into a project that no-one can hide from! Looking forward to the release of all these fantastic goodies you have in store...

Fred

emilin

#4000 replies. Wow. That is very impressive. Congratulations! &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

pvarcoe

Congrads on 4000+ posts David!

There are but a few diaries/journals that become something more than originally intended.
At first we just want to tell a story about a region, or maybe show off our pics.
But a few begin to move beyond that...

Some showcase new techniques or show new content.
Some even stretch the limits of what be done in this game.
Some become a place for communities within the larger SC4 community to get together (hang out even).
They become a place where the "game" is taken to new levels (to use a cliche).

3RR amazingly has moved beyond the norm, into each of these further extensions of what a diary/journal might be.
This is a testament to David and his vision. Not only can he see where he would like to take SC4;
But he surrounds himself with the right people, and creates the solutions to allow his vision to be implemented.
He then shares those successes with the community, and gives far more than he takes.

It's been a great pleasure and privilege to be along for this ride.
Thanks David, and may many many more successes lay ahead.

Phil

Darmok

Hear! Hear!

I wholeheartedly agree with Phil, 3RR is now a SC4 phenomenon, it has a life of its own ....
(hearing eeerie music, thuderstorm and lightnings... and seeing Boris Kharloff (linkie)   in the background) and a hunchback named Igor is yelling.... it's alive! it's alive....... humm hummm.... (speaking to self "calm down boy! calm down... must not get excited like that! now take your pills...")
hehehe.... sorry I got carried away there!

Anyhow, David hat's off to you for your persistence and great commitment to the game and our community!

Take care my friend.
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

threestooges

Well said Phil.

David, you have created a true work of art. A true labor of love. I congratulate on 4000 posts, and I look forward to the many more that are to come.

-Matt

dedgren

Well, it's June 16th- just started the second half of the month and we just passed the halfway point in the roughly 15,000 page views we needed in order to make it to 100K by June 30th.  We could still get there, 'cos we have lots of 500+ page view days recently, but we'll see.  From my end, it's like sitting in my living room or office and having 500 or so folks, as they're walking by, poke their head in and smile or wave.  I've never had friends like all of you...

Here's just a few more pics from Silvio's (Rayden) quad Pink SW.  I'm still checking out Chris's (Chrisadams3997) Rural Renewal Project goodies- today fencelines and cows.

Add to the credit where credit is due in this pic Jason (jplumbley) for the SAM, Brian (c.p./cycledogg) for the seasonal trees and the still, IMHO, unsurpassed Columbus terrain mod, and Matt (threestooges) for the windmill.

Here come the cows.  If you haven't seen these generate yet, DL them, put some pillows on the floor around your chair (trust me, when you fall off your chair laughing, you'll thank me), load 'em up and start plopping.  My lips are sealed as to the rest.

The RRP owns SC4's rural areas- it's that revolutionary.  And I think Chris is only warming up.

I can create places I've been in RL.

As everyone knows, I love stands of aspen.

Finally, ...

...the situation speaks for itself.  Drive carefully, y'all.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Ryan B.

David, that's simply amazing.  Perhaps I'll have to make that 'cow crossing' sign.   ;)

Congratulations on the 4,000 post mark!  I can't wait for the 100K mark.  It's going to be awesome.