• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

You folks all appear to be carrying on quite nicely without me here...

I have had trials and briefs all week, so have had very little time to sit down for a long enough stretch to do anything that I would dare show you.

...heaven forfend!  A Maxis Tree!!!

Heh.  I did work this up this morning though.

...took about an hour, and is an example of some of the interesting combinations that are possible for FAR/FARR II.  I don't even know if this is technically feasible, but I know some folks who can tell me.

I'll try to respond to some of the posts and comments this evening, but I have one last court proceeding to deal with tomorrow morning.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

mightygoose

Quote from: Ennedi on May 22, 2008, 08:00:50 AM
Thank you Fred for explaining it! Now I understand what Jan said  :)

David, you asked testers in email for suggestions about additional FAR pieces. I have one proposition. It is my dream from a long time.
Winding roads are built mostly in hilly terrain and of course in mountains. To cover a high slope engineers must often build sharp curves, sometimes 135o or 180o.

We can make 180o road curve - but only on completely flat terrain. In this case there is no distance between two road stretches, and such distance is necessary to make a road going uphill. We can also make two 90o curves or 1350 curve followed by 45o one, but it looks bad.

My proposition is to make 45 and 90 degrees curves with a relatively small radius. Such curves exist in various park and park sets. I used SFBT Park Set to show my idea:

Adam

heh i requested these a while back, my train of thought was a 2x2 90o and a 3x3 180o curve.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

It would be great, if you can build something like that with a road. Nice idea, Ennedi!
And the picture there looks wonderful...

Looking forward to more...

thundercrack83

That crossing looks great, David! I hope it can be done!

And Adam, your idea for tighter curves is also a good one. I'd love to see them!

Dustin

Pat

OK David you have left me speachless here!!! WOW!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

yochananmichael

I love this MD/CJ I have been lourking/following this for a couple of months over at ST and now here I hope to be a regular around here and become part of the SC4D community
Greywolf (John Michael)
If you can't run with the pack don't run at all

threestooges

-yochananmichael: Let me be one of the first to say: Welcome to SC4D. We hope you'll be a regular around here as well. It's a great community that we have here, and very helpful too. If you haven't looked there already, the New Members Area can be a good place to start, but really, all parts of the site are pretty good. Hope to see you around the forums.

yochananmichael

thank you threestooges for the kind hello I hope to be a regular too
Greywolf (John Michael)

dragonshardz

Well you already are a 3RR Regular. Posting just once does the job.

yochananmichael

thank you dragon and thank you all for being so kind to me after my "coming out of the shadows" I must say now that I have posted its getting easier to post more. and Threestooges I took your advice and went over to the new members area and looked around and said hi. Everyone who said hello to me has been nice. Thanks for welcoming me to the family. Now lets see what David has in store for us in his next update :thumbsup:
Greywolf (John Michael)

threestooges

-yochananmichael: Glad you're getting more comfortable with posting, and please, call me Matt. I noticed your post in the new member area... I should really start visiting there more often, so many new members. You'll find that pretty much everyone around here is nice and we try to keep it fun.

Now then, speaking of updates, I just realized I haven't said anything about that RR crossing just up the page. It looks pretty good, and I can only imagine the multiple pieces the angular setup will entail, but knowing your work, they'll look good and be ready sooner than we'd probably expect. My only comment would be to consider changing the RR lettering and bar to white. Yellow is not bad (and certainly not if it is a part of 3RRDOT's standards) but in terms of realism, all of the ones I have seen have been white. Hope the trials have been progressing well and that you aren't overworked. Take it easy.
-Matt

yochananmichael

thanks Matt for your welcome and in regards to that RR crossing I thought it was fantastic. I have lived around railroads for most of my life and so trains (especially frieght trains) are pretty familiar to me. I agree I prefer white as it is closer to reality but David whatever you want as you are the Mastermind of the Genius that is 3RR is cool with me. Also is it possible to get gates as well I think it would add to the realism 100%
Greywolf (John Michael)

dedgren

Well, once again, reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated...

I love it that you folks can take 3RR and run with it when I'm not around for a bit.  John (yochananmichael), thanks for making your first SC4D post here and, yes, certainly, you are now, as 'shardz noted, a 3RR Regular*.

Me?  I grabbed Heather yesterday evening (in family-appropriate places, of course) and we hopped in the car (to heck with the cost of gas) and we ran down to a 3RR favorite place, just outside of Waldorf in Holly Township...

Yesterday was Heather's last classroom day of the 2007-08 school year, so we celebrated as in years past by going out and renting the usual dee-luxe accomodations...

...and are spending a quiet weekend away.  Just have to cut a little wood...

...and carry a little water and things are fine.  I'll be back tomorrow night and will bring a goodie or two with me.

Later.

David

*  A 3RR Regular, as always, is anyone who has ever posted here or over at 3RR-ST at least once.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

thundercrack83

So THAT's where Trapper John ended up when he left Korea--3RR!

Enjoy your weekend, my friend!

yochananmichael

blush &blush  &ops thanks guys for welcoming me so warmly, see you when you get back David -btw that cabin
is my idea of heaven
Greywolf (John Michael)

Silur

Greetings, David
I congratulate You on the termination of academic year ...  &apls
The best regards to You and Your family ... :thumbsup:

SimNation

Can anyone test these? or is this exclusive? Im doing region testing for my game before I start my new region to see how im going to grow it and id love to use these in it.

They look fantastic btw.

wes.janson

Could that saw even cut butter? ;D

I cannot wait to get my mitts on the FAR/FARR. I envision quite a bit of fun when these make their way to my rural areas.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

Pat

David I hope you had a great weekend and enjoyed a little R&R  ;) ;D  In family appropiate places of course  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Oh, the weekend has been fairly productive...

This is the companion to the FARR railroad crossing a bit ago.  These are actually all done- alphas, too.  I'll be shooting them off to Alex (Tarkus) and Markus (memo) this evening.

More stuff coming up- I'm going to watch the Turtletaub/Voight commentary to National Treasure II tonight, though.  I need some mindless entertainment.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...