• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pokestik

David and Family...
From a Lurker and a fellow gray-beard...every bit of the best...blue skies and green lights...Sorry, not a man of many words. Say what I mean and mean what I say.

The collaboration will happen in due time and I am looking forward to observing and commenting &apls...tho most of the time it seems like I'm in over my head ()what(). Your assistants (you know who you are... thank you) are capable and willing to assist. Right on, CREW!!!

Too bad the world can't work this way &ops

George 
I may be dumb but I'm not stupid

FrankU

Oh David and Heather,
I usually lurk only on this thread, because I have the feeling I have not much to add to the 3RR thing, but now I think it is time to speak and tell you that I feel very sorry for the both of you.
I hope, David and Heather, that you both will be fine. And remember the title of Bruce Willis' record from years ago: "If it doesn't kill you, it just makes you stronger."

Thinking of you and waiting for everything to become all right again,

Frank (U)

calibanX

I wish you and your family well during your recovery David. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.  %confuso

Get well soon.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

Couchpotato

Good luck in getting your blood pressure under control.   And be sure to follow the doctors instructions.  No self medicating or skipping pill doses.   /wrrd%&

Giligone

Wow, not good news on the health front.  ()sad()  Take all the time you need. Us here at SC4D are a patient bunch and can wait. I remember a couple years back my dad had a spell of anxiety attacks, rapid heart rate, dizzyness and such. Twas not a fun time to be sure. Anyway, get well and we'll see you after.

dedgren

Allowed on the computer just a minute this morning- I'm doing OK.  Sorry about the unplanned interruption.  I'll read recent posts and hopefully, doctor willing, will get a longer chance to use the computer later today.  Thanks for understanding.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

David its all good and your Health is more important then a game!!! I want you to get your butt back in bed now!!! that is an order from a EMT!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

The same from here in Lancashire... resting is good, I wish I could rest LOL

I am sure we can entertain ourselves for a while while you get better  $%Grinno$%

Glad to hear that you are alive  :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

mightygoose

david, we can wait, and i promise we will boycott the project unless we are convinced you are back to full health :P (well i will anyway)
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Jmouse

Glad to hear you're on the mend, David. You've been missed terribly, but I agree with the rest of the gang - we don't want you back until you're completely well again.

Until next time...
Joan

thundercrack83

Couldn't have put any better than Joan has above, David! We're going to require a note from your doctor before you're allowed to proceed! Just kidding, my friend, but don't rush the recovery process. We miss you around here, but we want you to get healthy more than anything!

If there's anything I can do to help, just say the word!

Dustin

dedgren

Well, I snuck the laptop down to the hospital.  I'm getting a stress test (they can test for stress?) this afternoon, and I noticed the other day the hospital has, as many places in Helena do, free public wi-fi, care of The Montana Internet Corporation.  That's pretty cool.

Anyway, here's some completely random eyecandy from Paul's (paroch) quad, way down in the southern end of 3RR.  This'll give you a pretty good idea of how the collaboration quads go out- basic transportation nets, "placeholder" fields, lakes, streams and trees.  It's then up to the individual collaborator to make the thing come alive.

I can't wait to see Paul's take on this, along with the other 20 or so.  No year-long wait this time.

Thanks so much for all the kind words and wishes, both here and in PMs.

My name got called... gotta go.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JoeST

Thanks for sharing some amazing stuff, even tho u should be resting  :D

cant wait for more (hasnt that been said before ??? )

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Tarkus

David, it's great to hear you're on the mend.  It's not the same here without you around.  Sneaking the laptop into the hospital . . . sounds like something I'd do. :D

Paul's quad looks fantastic, and I absolutely love what you've done with the RHW there. :thumbsup:

Hope the stress test goes alright and you're done with the hospital soon.  Do rest up, though. ;)  Doctoral student's orders.  (Though I'm getting a Ph.D. and not an M.D., so I don't know how much that really counts for with health issues. :D)

-Alex (Tarkus)

thundercrack83

WOW!

Paul's quad looks beautiful! I can't wait to see how he develops it further! And many thanks to the Montana Internet Corporation, too!

Hope your stress test goes well, my friend...Think non-stressful thoughts!

Dustin

Jmouse

Fantastic work, David, Paul is going to do a double-back flip when he sees this! :D

Until next time...
Jaon

Pat

oooo David you sneek lol!!!! I love them pics WoW!!!! I do have one small suggestion though is ditch that covered bridge and talk to Matt about getting his, cause I belive that would be a much better fit...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

First off, good luck with the test, and it's good to hear you are well enough to sneak computers into the hospital. Second, the quad looks great. If the rest are even half as good, then collaboration will be worth the wait (as if we had any doubts). Let's hear it for Montana, its internet, and for good news on the tests.

-edit- Just saw pat's post. If you are interested, I would be happy to send it to you (just email me). As far as its use for collaboration, it will be available in the next NAM. Let me know your preference.
-Matt

paroch

First of all - David, glad you're well and hope the stress test went well.  And like everyone else, don't rush back into this - take your time, you have a strong and loyal following who will be waiting.

Secondly

woohoo

I feel a bit of a gatecrasher!  I am one of the newer members and you've chosen my quad to show off - I feel very privileged.

And what a quad, I've only just finished double-back-flipping!

It's got a great variety of elements - TPW, bridges, RHW (which I've not really played with yet) rural streets, railway, a great junction, undulating terrain (I do like a gently rolling farm), an embankment, and some great looking wooded areas.

The quad is much fuller than I expected (in som much as what you've already done).  The difficulty for me will be to not "over-develop" it.  The canvas is so great that I have to be careful not to destroy what you've given me to work with.

I can see the planning applications going into the town hall as we speak.  I'll need to understand how the quad fits in the bigger scheme to know how much development there should be.... but I can picture a village in pic #6, north of the street and up to the tree line.  Depending upon the rules re bridges, I may replace the bridge in pic #8, just because the covered bridge is not a favourite of mine (and outside of my visual experience as we don't have these in the UK!).

Love pic#10, gotta be some farmland there, maybe with a trail to hike down to that rocky river crossing!

Pic #15 made me realise I'll have to switch from my left hand driving.  Great junction, I was picturing coming off the exit ramp and then realised that I was driving into oncoming traffic!!! ;)

Pic #17 - maybe some small rural train station just before the level crossing??

#19 - hmmmmmmm, now what should I do with that embankment??? or is that just the example of not messing with the canvas?!?

I'm kinda assuming this is a rural / semi rural quad, with a village or two, but not any towns/suburbs.  If that's not the case, then I'd need to re-focus my thoughts - but either way, I am suddenly energised and am looking forward to getting started.

Great work David - BUT TAKE IT EASY  :thumbsup:

All the best,

Paul

Giligone

Oooo, very nice update. I wouldn't want to build anything on that place, its perfect just as it is I would say. Hoping and praying for a speedy recovery!   :)