• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

Congratulation Jmouse on the single post competition win, and congratulations Silur for the last post of the year. While I'm at it, congratulation David on being able to maintain that spreadsheet. Was that something you worked on from day one, or did you go back at one point and work through it? Either way, great job. I wondered what your system was (and now I know). Also, I think I noticed some rather large radius road curves featured in the new NAM. Well done. Happy official New Year to you, and hope you are feeling better.

EDITMatt, I started it on the flight back from Helena- it started as a project to bring the "commenters" on each page of the TOC up to date and grew from there.  I'm sure I drove my fellow passengers nuts.  It was funny- I have all of the 3RR pages backed up in local (i.e.: on my C drive) html files.  I was in the Salt Lake City airport scrolling through them to get commenter names- a guy walked up to me and asked how I was getting wi-fi because he couldn't.  I told him I was not able to connect, either.  He looked at my screen for a minute, then looked at me very pointedly, then walked away without a word.  Hey- I was telling the truth. -DE

Kitsune

wow, thats quite the spreadsheet!
~ NAM Team Member

Unkles27

that chart is certainly something.

It looks like I need to work on my posting frequency...

thundercrack83

Quote from: Yoman on January 01, 2008, 11:47:09 AM
Jeeze, I don't think Dustin ever missed an update :P

I must not have!

This spreadsheet is just another in a laundry list of reasons why 3RR is absolutely amazing!

Here's to a fabulous 2008, David!

Dustin

bakerton

I think of myself as a lurker, but I post on the things that I found interesting that was posted before me. I truely think that 3RR is the best project I have ever see. David, Keep it coming my dear good Alaskan dude; from A Wisconsin dude. ;) &hlp :thumbsup: &apls :satisfied:
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

calibanX

What a couple of great ideas to bring us lurkers out into the open. I'll bet those folks on the single poster list will want off that list  ::)

Thank you for your interactive diary. I love to stop in and see what new ideas and events you're sharing. I'll lurk less in 2008, I promise.

Happy New Year David!
Where City and Country Flow Together

krbe

Quote from: bakerton on January 01, 2008, 07:13:07 PM
I think of myself as a lurker, but I post on the things that I found interesting that was posted before me. I truely think that 3RR is the best project I have ever see. [...]

I have to agree, and if there's one thing that caught my eye in the new year was the ability to see when and how much I posted -- such an interactive spreadsheet would be useful in all large threads! (And it already looks like I'll be breaking my own posr record this year!)

meldolion

WOW!!! :o That's what I call a Spreadsheet!!!!!

Happy new year to all 3RR, and a great 2008 to you and your family

Luca

dedgren

I have to go off-topic here and post a few pics from the new NAM...

...what, what?  That's actually a return to topic?

...Oh...

...nevermind.

I just wanted to check out how the v2 wide curve textures worked.

Pretty well, it appears.

Anyway, late- off to bed.  Still more big things to come this week.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Andreas

They already looked great in your PSP screenshots, but in your wonderful 3RR scenic road, they are even better. Well done!  &apls
Andreas

JoeST

They indeed are amazing, even in a windowed 800x600 version at lowest settings possible, well done

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

jayo

Nice work de david :P Gosh,i really need to try out the NAM  $%Grinno$%
I'm back

bat

Great work on the curved roads, David!! :thumbsup:

asturianu

Hey, David! Yeah, long time since I last commented (not viseted cause I had small visits but never got the time to comment)
Anyways now I am doing!
I really enjoy the fact of seeing those maps and spending minutes in details, and what to say about those new curvy roads? God, they really look realistic, and mied with all the natural stuff like creeks, rocks, you know, it looks perfect! Great work, my friend.

Anyways, I can't wait to see how the small communities and the towns appear, aswell as the city of Pineshore do. I am not back, but you should know that I willbe here watching ;)

Great work, David

Cristian

emilin

That is wonderful stuff! The roads are really looking better and better in this game. Thank you so much for all your work! &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

BigSlark

David,

The new Wide Curves textures look great, you did an excellent job with them.

The spreadsheet is impressive and interesting-I had no idea I was that active of a 3RR regular!

Anyway, I hope you're feeling better and that 2008 is off to a great start.

Cheers,
Kevin

rooker1

First off, let me start by wishing you a Happy New Year and the best wishes to you and your family.
The excel spread sheet you made is very interesting and must have been alot of work.  I don't know where you find the time to do all the stuff you do.  Your day must have more hours than mine.  :D
The farms and curved transportation networks all look great.
Good luck to you this year.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

The transitions into and out of the new NAM curves are completely seamless! I love it! Great work here, David! And I'll congratulate the whole NAM team, too, for a job well done (as usual)!

Bishop Hawke

First off I would like to thank David for the personal message he sent to me in thanking me for a being a member of this outstanding group of people that have become known as the 3RRegulars. Even though David has shown us some amazing items in the land of 3Rivers. I have seen as well many great responses and answers to questions from many others  here. This group as a whole just keeps surprizing me time and time again with thier insites and knowlege. After only one year this site has become the palce to come and see great new wonders in the art of SC4. David, You and so many others with your skills and abilities have furthered the SC4 world more than anyone I can think of. It is my hopes to continue to semi lurk in the backgrounds of this MD and to learn from those who are the true masters of the game. Here's to many more years of 3 Rivers Region. &apls &apls &apls

Emperor Stormont

I would also like to thank David, such a rare and wonderful thing to get from someone.

It is always a pleasure to view 3RR and I am looking forward to another year of 3RR and seeing how it develops and grows over the coming months.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008