• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - The End; A New Revolution

Started by marsh, May 12, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol.S / Benoit

Nice work with this baseball field !
Also, it's nice to see how this small town become larger :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

metasmurf

Amazing stuff. I especially liked the road scenery.  :thumbsup:

wallasey

I am enjoying the organic growth this MD is showing, the progression is noteworthy.

The first ever game on the field must have been a joyous occasion for the town, I reckon a long night in the pub soon ensued?

ManuelR

Wow, that's one of the best MD's I've ever seen. If I still had SC on my computer, I would love to build exactly with your mods and bats. I always found it very hard to get some good variety for woods, but you solved that problem perfectly! :thumbsup: :) I'm looking forward to more.

Kergelen

It's amzing how you combine Lots and MMP making it very natural :)

Links to SC4 websites

apeguy

Nice storyline and scenery as usual. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Where did you get the baseball field from? I've never seen it before.

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

noahclem

Great work Marsh! It's a lovely little town with a nice story to boot  :thumbsup:

marsh

Replies

eufl, art, Ol.S / Benoit, metasmurf, wallasey & Kergelen: Thank you all :)

ManuelR: Heh, lots of MMP's to get those. :P

apeguy: It is by darknono on the STEX. --> http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/24735-baseball-field-pack/

Something aside from Sim Citeh maybe?

Fall has had a big effect on the area around here. Never living in the mountains until this year I haven't really observed the best of fall.

You can see the Cripple Creek gold mine in the distance here.

These next 2 are from my yard. :)

Suddenly, snow.

It didn't even give the trees a chance to shed their leaves yet.

I hope you enjoyed this despite it not being Sim City. Where I live has contributed greatly to making scenes in the game, and I hope you found it enjoyable to have a look into my inspiration. :)

,marsh

vester

Really enjoyed your pictures.

Where are these pictures taken ?

I love the way the leaves stays on the trees, being yellow and orange. Well mostly yellow.
Here the turn yellow and red, but you never see that many yellow and orange leaves on the threes.

mattb325

Your MD is beautiful, Marsh - I really like the way that you have presented the small town and the pretty, but lonely places: I can very much see your inspirations and your part of Colorado is truly spectacular  ;)

Ol.S / Benoit

Seems to be a nice place :) Indeed, it must be very inspiring. Love your pictures.
Benoit.

art128

Very wonderful picture, Marsh! I envy you for living in such a lovely place, Paris is so... boring.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rambuckel

WOW ... great pictures of the landscape ... Landscapewise we are still in the middle of autumn where I live.

And I love the way you "decorated" that baseballfield.  &apls

-rambuckel
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Badsim

Beautiful set of autumnal pictures (& the snowy at the same time ones are particularly striking )  , marsh , very inspiring indeed !  :)

If you need inspiration ( I don't think so ...  :P )  , for sure  , on the other hand you don't need any technical advices : you know how to break  judiciously too neat urban boundaries with scattered LOTs and then , how to break these LOTs boundaries with MMPs ... I enjoy as well your management of open spaces , construction stuff ...  the result is looking as beautiful than natural ; in brief , very impressive mastery !  ::)

&apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Evillions8

marsh

Replies
mattb325, Ol.S / Benoit, rambuckle, Evillions, & others: Thank you all for commenting. :)

Vester: Where I live in Southern Colorado. :) The trees are mostly just pines and aspens. The Aspens making the mostly yellow colours. :)

art128: Heh. Maybe nature wise but there honestly isn't much to do out here. &sly

Badsim: Thank you. And yes it's a rare site to have fall foliage with snow. :P Much of that snow has melted now, and the last of the leaves are falling.

7-1
I'm not sure if you all know where the town is specifically, but here is it in relation to some other things. Although I don't actually have the highway physically built yet, story-wise it is. ;)

7-2
With the town growing even more, some entrepreneurs have put their eyes on the small town. The first of which is the new Sandalwood Motel. Just finished not too long ago. It has already been seeing decent business from vacationers going on drives through the county.

7-3

7-4
The second business to set up was the new Towne Bank. The first bank in the county.

7-5
Lastly is the first devoted gas station within the city limits. Erected just north of Sandalwood Residents now do not have to drive nearly 2 miles outside town to the Aral station at the I-16 offramp, and before that, using the tank behind Old Gregs' pub to fill up. The town has certainly come far.

7-6
Even more houses have been completed and more are going up. This time more focused on the SW of town. Although some original residents of the town are beginning to complain about the amount of dirt in the air due to it all.

7-7

Sky Guy

fantastic as usual. ;) Dang that dirt in the air- your advisor's probably going nuts about "the pavement can't breathe" :P

Kalu Sabah- A fast growing dynamic Southeast Asian Country

marsh

Sky Guy: Don't worry, there are plenty of trees. :)

8-1
It has been 4 years since the highway project through Sandalwood County began. The town 4 times over from the original 53 residents, now should be approaching the 200 mark by next year. This year, being the most different so far.

8-2
Residents continue to surge into Sandalwood. Luckily, the newly elected mayor has been tackling the task of seeing that new development gets put in place correctly, and is not turned into a huge mess.

8-3
A 3 block long strip of land has been deemed 'off-limits' through the edge of town. No one knows why the mayor did this, but most speculate it to be green space or a park. At the head of which lies the newly completed Town Hall.

8-4
The Sandalwood Townhall was just recently completed after construction started early February. With the rapidly growing rate of the town, the town council thought this would be the best move to make at the time. In the process, the first ever elections were held. Which elected long time resident Joseph Ferguson who ran unopposed.

8-5
With the growing population, growing needs come in. A small diesel run generator has been built north of town near the gas station. It will supply the needed electricity for now. But plans for a long-term power search will have to be made in the near future.

8-6
The old school house is nearly overcapacity. A one room schoolhouse is fine for a small town, but for a growing one it just doesn't do. A block away from the schoolhouse a new one is being built. The largest construction project the town has seen so far.

8-7

That's all for today. Hope you enjoyed the update. :)

rooker1

Fantastic update. 
I really like following these types of growth MDs.
I'm looking into your request as well.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Ol.S / Benoit

Great update & great story for this unique MD :)
I try to imagine what could be the next step and that's the good thing about a growth MD.
Benoit.