• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - The End; A New Revolution

Started by marsh, May 12, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubby420

Quote from: marsh on March 19, 2011, 07:05:44 PM
I bet you all want to club me to death for not making up my mind...  :D

...just a little  ::)

Looking forward to your reboot.  :thumbsup:

marsh

Facts and Statistics

Flag-

Location-

Infos

Populations

Total Population: 9,868,369

Atar: 106,354

Baj Aih: 2,598,001

Élkchdr: 823,400

Khrsybicat: 2,633,065

Kkhaza: 710,807

Maihne: 698,675

Nouadhibou: 90,065

Zouerate: 2,208,002

General

Official Name: Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms

Short Name: Gansbaai

Demonym: Gansbaaian

Capitol: Khrsybicat

Largest City(Including Dependencies):[/i] Al Aauim
Largest City: Zukuraai

Currency: Gainsbaai Corrah - $1 = 11 Corrah
                 Enieo - $1 = .5 Enieo

Official Language(s): Arabic @ 93.65%

Official Religion(s): Islam @ 86.56%

People
(all based on # per 1,000)

Growth Rate: .29

Birth Rate: 19.66

Death Rate: 6.54

Migration Rate: -6.04

Life Expectancy: 76.51

Economy

---

Communication

Phone Code: 111-111[111]

Phone Lines in use (land): 4,146,000

Phone Lines in use (wireless): 2,900,000

Internet Code: .rgk

Internet Users: 1,546,000

Transportation

International Airports: 9

Kilometer's of Railroad: 5,500

Kilometer's of Road: 221,372

marsh

The planet Andonia. On it lies many nations. One of these is the Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms.

Click for full-size. (Warning - 10,000x5,259  pixles)

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms are a nation on the Western coast of the Nahazzan Desert. The desert has been slowly encroaching the entire continent for many years now. Desertification on a massive scale. Gansbaai is slowly growing to be a poor country. With the fall of the city of Nouadhibou due to a major financial crisis, the country is as it was in the 90's. Zukuraai is the only city prospering. With it's link to Fushan Qussit still retains it's oil wealth. Khrsybicat, the capitol, is a relatively poor city.People make a living off farming and selling goods at the vast markets.

The southern desert sands give way to a semi-arid climate in the Northern portion of the country. Small scrub lay on the ground while partiality higher elevations give way to pines and even snow in the winter months.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - v.2. A lot is going to come ahead.

travismking

Hmm,. maybe a good idea would be to allow other people to play as the other countries on the planet, and RP the diplomacy and wars and stuff like this. Anyway, I cant wait for the updates, as Gansbaii was one of my favorite MDs

Tomas Neto

Wow... I believe that something big and spectacular it's coming, here in your MD!!!  I'll be watching!!!   :thumbsup:

Evillions8

HOLY!!!  FINALLY YOU'RE BACK!!!  &apls &apls

I can't wait to see what's in store, I wanna suck all the inspiration up from you.  :P

marsh

Replies: Tomas Neto & Evillions: Ty both!

travismking: There, in fact, is. The USNW.  It's a SC4 union. One which I made that planet for.  ;)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Excerpt] - Nouadhibou - A once prospering city. After a stock-market crash in the city, the entire place went bust. The city, now abandoned, is slowly being covered in sands.  Increased spending lead to an increase in things people bought. With money they did not have. Millions of loans where taken out by the millions that lived there. Ones that could not be payed back.  The banks essentially ran out of money. The city was deserted, going from. upwards of 5 million people, to less than 4,000. practically overnight. An estimate of 3,255 people still reside in the city. Those too poor to get out. The Nouadhibou stock market crash was felt around the world. In Gansbaai, aside from Nouadhibou, not so much. Other  kingdoms in Gansbaai did not get hit this hard, mostly due to their poor stature, but it is definite that many countries will ---

The Nouadhibou Dijuibul. 4,600 ft (1,500m) tall. It now stands quiet. No one to tend to it. No one to live in it. The building, which was completed less than 2 months ago, is the tallest structure on the entire planet of Andonia. Despite it being abandoned. What will it be now? Aside from just a spire out of the sands to symbolize the cities once great prosperity.

The Quay. Nouadhibou's finest achievement. Gleaming skyscraper walls along pristinely clear canals. Now being reclaimed by the sands.

The city will slowly be taken back by the desert sands. Slowly...

The Port. Still being built. Now sits vacant. Filled to the brim with un-shipped goods, to remain there forever.

The Nouadhibou Crescent. A grand achievement for the city. A hotel on the water. Now destined to sink.

Construction was everywhere in the city. Mostly, along newly built roads in the middle of the desert. What now but piles of iron and glass standing. Alone.

,marsh

travismking

absolutely LOVE IT. Thank you for bringing gansbaii back to us :)  &apls . Is this a new region ? Looks almost the same as the last one, maybe its the terrain mod and your building style. Its not as tall (yet?) building wise though :)

And, i'm definitely looking into the union tomorrow, going to bed now though

peter007

woow. You ahve done a great job on photoshopping. It's fabulous.

nedalezz

Well, I cant stay Im disappointed you decided to bring the desert back, Ive always had a soft spot for Gansbaai :) Its the like Qumma I never finished, except 100 times better :)

Your update is spectacular, as per usual. The photoshop, the quality of the pictures, the way you've built and designed the city, its all top notch. Cant wait to see more!

Ciuu96

That scenery, that photoshopping, those buildings... my jaw just dropped to the floor. :o Just awesome work, I'm glad that you decided to bring Gansbaai back! :)
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

apeguy

I've decided, this is my favourite MD on this site. ;D Your photoshop skills are awesome, seriously. I also like the new direction that your taking with this, it's almost like a post-apocalyptic Dubai. Keep up the awesome work. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

noahclem

Beautiful update marsh, glad to see Gansbaai back!  &apls Very, very impressive.

Simcitler

I can't find any other words except:
absolutely amazing  &apls

bat

The pictures are really fantastic!
Great city in the desert!
Wonderful work on it... :thumbsup:

Kergelen

Awesome update!!
The sandstorm efect and how it invade the roads is simply perfect  &apls &apls

Links to SC4 websites

sc-4

Call me Ludo

sumwonyuno

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Evillions8

Can you please be April's OSTIM?  &apls &apls

That sandstorm effect is so realistic!!  I really thought it really did happen in SC4.  :o

You just set the bar higher and will always do.  Keep up the awesome work!  :thumbsup:

Reikhardt

Excellent photo-editing as ever Marsh. Your imagination is fantastic to keep coming up with these clever ideas!