• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Welcome to Milegos- where you're the leaders!

Started by mgrinshpon, May 10, 2010, 06:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgrinshpon

Welcome to Milegos- the CJ where you, the citizens, get to decide on how the government, and to a lesser extent, the economy, will develop.

How it works: each week, I give you my status report on the city and a problem presented to me by nationstates.net, and you, the regional council, have to decide on a course of action every Monday. On Wednesday, I tally up the votes for the problem and enact it on [my nation's page]. On Thursday, it'll inform me how the new law has affected the area and on Monday, that law will have affected the region in some way that you'll see in the CJ at which point the process starts anew. If the Colony of Milegos passed highly oppressive laws, the Oppressed Peoples of Milegos will live in crushing poverty because of poor education. Destroy the environment through legislature? Pollution, ahoy! I'll try and reflect the laws you pass through decisions made in game.

At least, that's how it is in theory. Some laws will not be easily able to be seen. There are limits to what SimCity 4 is capable of. If a law is enacted and I don't have the custom content to show it, I'll do my best to grab it. If none exists, I'm working on buffing up my 3ds max skills. I've got a legal copy of 2010, a computer that can run it, and the desire to learn.

As far as custom content goes, I'm using the Kupreanof region from the STEX, CAM, NAM, and all the other 3 letter acronyms available for this game.

Updates (Table of Contents)
1. The Colony of Milegos

Disclaimers: This is my first CJ. Remember councilmen and women, constructive criticism is welcomed, if not encouraged. Also, I have Physics and Calculus classes during the summer semesters at college, so updates won't be sweeping in their breadth unless I have an especially small amount of work.

mgrinshpon

Today, the Colony of Milegos was founded!

It seems that some explorers liked this new region a bit too much. Who's blaming them? It's beautiful. Especially the pretty ponies. In this region, they're predominantly of the "Equus Maxuus" breed.

The first step was setting up a suitable form of government that could expand as population grew.

These choices reflect the views of the original explorers and their brave and fearless leader, mgrinshpon, but as people immigrate to Milegos, desires will change as will demographics.

In summary, here's what the current state of Milegos looks like.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/Grinch123456/SimCity%204/Milegos/Milegos-1273541446.png
This is the fresh region. By next week, it'll be covered in trees with a few small farming villages spread across.

And for today's issue?

Remember, you can vote in any of the 3 categories or dismiss the issue. Voting will forever change the country and how the country grows, how many schools it has, and everything will reflect on how you vote. Dismissing it leaves the country as is, with the issue undecided and ignored. Polls close on Weds, at which point I'll tally up all the votes and make the decision on nationstates. On Thursday, the legislation will pass and Milegos reacts to your decision.

EDIT: Voting has closed as of 22:32 EST Weds. Non-compulsory voting wins!

Please post images in .jpg format. .png image removed although link remains for viewing. Refer my PM of today.  tooheys - moderator.

i_love_lamp

This is... AWESOME! This is an awesome concept you got here

lowbart

I vote for non-compulsory voting. When do I get a slum named after me?
And if you gaze for long into the internet, the internet gazes also into you.