• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kolbrow (13.10.2019 - Olsza - a mosaic)

Started by kbieniu7, October 09, 2008, 11:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

Hello!

Themistokles – Thanks! And don't worry! Hah, in fact, sometimes I read MD a bit to fast, as well ;) Hah, Sweden as non-continental Europe? It's first time I hear something like that :D From time to time you can still spot some of such streets in Poland. By the way, sometimes the most durable infrastructure seems to be post-german ones. It was especially visible in Wrocław, where there tended to be more problem with pipes or roads from communist era, than pre-war ones ;)
vortext – Thanks! Then, come to Poland ;) You will find a lot of similar landscapes there ;) Unfortunately, DaveN is no more active. He lurks from time to time at SimCityPolska, but he does it very rare.
Noah – Thanks a lot!
compdude787 – Thank you, too!
Vizoria – Thanks! The paths were actually inspired by your work ;) I gave you the link once, they are maxis' rocks. They're avaible in this  pack, however I'm not sure if it's the one, I've got installed. Seems, that I can plop them much denser, than the ones in this pack. However, I cannot say, where I did get my pack from, nor can I send them to you – they're datpacked somewhere in the bottom of my plugin folder :/ FOUND IT!: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1887
Girafe – Merci! ;) Well, your work is great, so I just couldn't have not used them :p Especially, that with all this variety, all of them fits together perfectly in terms of colours and colour tones.

Well, I planned to firstly show the fields and rural areas behind the power station and then the region view, but I decided to do contrariwise.

Many of you used to say, that my region looks pretty edgy, with too many sharp borders. That was right. But it started to change now. The area of last three months is south, south-east from the city center – both Szlachtowa (just upstream from THE reservoir) as well as the more urban shots. As you may see now, I've managed to create my first potatoal continuum south along the river. And that's the direction I will generally follow during my future play. It took me 8 years to do so, to start to merge all (ok, around 50%) of my past work.

What is more, there's another milestone in recent time. I planned to do it earlier, but... Anyway, I opened MD's at two new sites. Now I post at four forums... actually each one in different language ;)

Where else you may find Galand?

Kolbrów (Galand) at SC4Devotion
Kolbrów (Galicja) at SimCityPolska
Colbrovie (Galicie) at ToutSimCities
Kolbrau (Galizien) at SimForum.de

If you're lucky enough to know one of above, you may click and read it in your language!

Of course, there are some lags in posting and not everything is and is going to be shown there. My main presentation pages will still be SC4D and SimCityPolska, where I post not only "pure updates", but as well some technical facts and thoughts. Anyway, I'll try to put photos at TSC and SF.de more or less regularly.

Why did I do that? Well, in fact, when I look at my English level in 2009, when I started to post at SC4D and compare it to today... well, there's quite a big leap. And simcity in this matter was really helpful! There's no other place, where I could have learnt such amount of vocabulary, especially in such topics as: road engineering, spatial planning, geography, economy etc. So, why not to extend it? :)

No, I don't just put text into google translate, I forestall the questions :D

Take care! More pictures after a little break – the exams will not write on themselves ;)

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

noahclem

Great overview  &apls  Congratulations on starting up at TSC and Simforum--seems like a great way to learn. Certainly your English has gotten very good since starting here!

Gugu3

Vizoria

A great regional overview, thanks for the link and good luck with the exams.

That's a great looking overview. Very organic, one could almost think that it has been taken from Google Earth or the like. By the way, this multi-tile city looks very good as well.

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

belfastsocrates

The region overview is very nice, I love the rural areas to the south and it's all starting to blend very well indeed.

I remember exam session all too well, good luck with those!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

romualdillo

juguesal

I see in the update January 30 border posts with flags and input signals to countries. Where do you have downloaded or you did signs and banners ?.

Thank you. Greetings from Spain.

Themistokles

That region overview looks really organic... although it's taken from such a far distance one feels every tiny detail, and that I think is a marker of excellency. :thumbsup: Also nice to see you expanding to SimForum and TSC, because then I can practice the languages by reading. ;D

And, hey, good luck with your exams!
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

art128

As the other said, the overview is really cool, nicely done. I'm seriously eager to see how it would look finished. The suburbs you did already look like... well suburbs from real eastern Europe, it's nice.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

c.p.

Kergelen

Nice last updates, especially the paths on the maountain. well done! &apls

Quote from: kbieniu7 on February 03, 2016, 01:28:38 PM
Why did I do that? Well, in fact, when I look at my English level in 2009, when I started to post at SC4D and compare it to today... well, there's quite a big leap. And simcity in this matter was really helpful! There's no other place, where I could have learnt such amount of vocabulary, especially in such topics as: road engineering, spatial planning, geography, economy etc. So, why not to extend it? :)

I also learn a lot of English vocabulary thanks to the sc4 comunity. But I still have a long way to go.

Links to SC4 websites

Akallan

My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Swordmaster

Stunning overview! :o  If you google "potatoal", Kolbrów shows up first :D

It's good to see you're still at it, Kamil. Yours was one of the first MDs I followed, and certainly influenced me a good deal towards more realistic city building. Looks like I first commented here during your second OSITM in March 2012.

Going back through the pages, though, I'm saddened to see most of your early images were on imageshack (and hence lost now, a problem so many great MDs face). Do you have backups?

Cheers
Willy

kbieniu7

Hello, there!

Noah - Thank you, appreciate :)
Gugu3 - Thanks :)
Vizoria - One say, you should not say "thank you" if someone wishes you a good luck with exams... However, as they're already over, I guess I might do it right now?  ::) Thanks! :D
11241036 - Well, I was afraid, that a large area of rectangular fields will look very edgy and unnatural. Fotunately, it turned out to be quite good-looking. Thanks :)
compdude787 - Thank you!
belfastsocrates - Thanks! Fortunately, they're all over finally :D
romualdillo - Grazias :)
juguesal - I posted you a PM. Anyway, I haven't made them yet :(
Themistokles - That's a pleasure to read such words. Thank you :) Well, I always tried to make a large areas look nice not only from the region view (as some of players do), but to reach a situation, when every point of region looks good both in "macro" and "micro" (but not too micro) scale :) Hope you will comment my thread in German as well! :D
art128 - That would be a lot of time to finish it, I guess, that an infinity ;) Thanks :)
c.p. - Thanks
Kergelen - Hah! Nice to hear, that I'm not the one who thinks that way. So, who said, that computer games won't teach you anything? :D
Akallan - Merci! :)
Swordmaster - Well, this word was a little bit my invention :D I don't think if any English native speaker would use such :D And it should be just "potato continuum", but its polish equivalent (ziemniaczane kontinuum) sounds much more funny and I tried to make the same feeling in English :D Thank You, nice to hear, that you like to follow my thread :) Woah, 2012, when it was... so long ago. Unfortunately, I don't have backups of the images from the past (only few of them), so the majority of old shots is gone :/

Ok, so exam session is over, actually it's around a month, I wrote my last exam. However, I didn't play simcity, I just wanted to rest, have a break, visit my family and go somewhere. It's already two weeks, since the new semester started. It seems I have a little free time there (at least for next few weeks). I took extra courses and it's a time I start writing my master thesis... which is not going to be easy, as I've chosen one of the most demanding professors at my departament :D

Winter was not so harsh this year (as it is in recent time). One could have watched many news about snowstorms and paralyzed life in the US, but here in Poland, we had not so much of snow. It was quite warm instead. Two weeks of February, it was around 15C. Imagine, 15C in February, became a "usual" event! Anyway, thanks to this during the winterbreak I went with a group of my friends for a weekend to Polish Jurassic Highland. In Polish known as Jura Krakowsko-Częstochowska, it's a region between Kraków and Częstochowa. It's quite attractive place. A hilly region with a landscape filled with forests and jurassic systems, such as limestone rocks, cliffs, valleys and vast limestone formations, as well as a line of old medieval fortresses and castles, called Trail of the Eagles' Nests, built in XIV century to protect the border of that time.

We had quite good weather, but it still was winter. Spots of snows, bare trees and the fact, that it was a little bit cold when sun hides behind the clouds, might not be the most comfortable conditions for hiking for someone, but the atmosphere leafless forests, fog and old ruins was somehow magic.

This weekend, I decided I will open SimCity for a while... and got inspired by photos, I've made during my trip ;)

It was actually an experiment, how to make a forest during this season...

...because that's neither winter, where the land is covered by snow...

...nor is it spring, cause the nature is still sleeping.

Actually, it's a season, that in Poland we call early spring (przedwiośnie).

And the general view. It's a natural reserve, called Rezerwat Góra Ostrężnik. The river is called Prądnik, which further flows trough Kolbrów.

That's all for today. I've got several more photos stored, so I'll post them next weekend.

The real photos were taken in natural reserve Parkowe near the village of Złoty Potok and near village of Mirów, both in southern Poland.

See you soon! :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Vizoria

Amazing pictures, but I know your secret method! You have been using the dry grass terrain brush from the JENX Poseidon mod! The way you used it is really cool though, I never considered it using to enhance woodland scenes!

Themistokles

That forest looks absolutely stunning! &apls I see how one easily could spend hours walking along the river. :D
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

mrbisonm

It is amazing how after all these years you are still going at this MD and still amaze us everytime you post with all those stunning details in your pictures. I had the feeling that I just took a walk through those Polish woods, so well these pics were presented.
Great work with all those props!! You are now a real Master in this!

Love that region picture right above on top of this page. Wonderful. One should take a closer and long look and realize that it could be perfectly real.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)