• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

It's not a bug, this is how they were designed. You can alter this behaviour by modifying the textures used for such pieces. Let me know if you're really keen on that, I may have a file knocking around you can make use of.

eugenelavery

Quote from: mgb204 on February 17, 2018, 10:40:12 AM
It's not a bug, this is how they were designed. You can alter this behaviour by modifying the textures used for such pieces. Let me know if you're really keen on that, I may have a file knocking around you can make use of.

Ah ok, good to know. I would be interested in anything that could solve this issue as it seems odd to have the sidewalk suddenly disappear in an urban environment. Your no-grass mods have worked wonders for my cities!

Kitsune

odd question... I know the GHSR is slightly elevated above ground. Exactly how high is it? I have a model and I want to try using model tweaker to drop the height a tiny bit.
~ NAM Team Member

mgb204

The track height is 1m high. But the model height is really harder to determine, because depending on what you are attempting, you may need to reference a different point of the model. The actual G-HSR piece goes almost .5m underground.

euan_hogg

Please see attached image - the underpass is meant to be street, but it is flagged as road.  When creating the underpass on a 10m slope it appends a T-junction leading away from the slope, rather than a straight street section.

Kind regards,

--
Euan

mgb204

In both cases these things are implemented as such due to game limitations.

The T-Junction from the tunnel portal is necessary to ensure the portal correctly sits on the slope of the embankment. You can simply drag street out by one tile, then bulldoze it again and you'll be left with a straight instead, which is how this is intended to be used.

It's flagged as road, because the game sees it as such, because that's the network FLUPs were based on. It doesn't cause problems and is totally intended. You'll find many NAM pieces use networks that might not seem obvious or correct, but so long as the visual continuity is there, it's really no big deal. Often it's completely necessary to make things work too.

Tyberius06

This little piece just keeps making me angry. I'm talking about the RHW 8s F2 on/off FAR Ramp. Only on that particular spot, which is perfectly flat, keep digging a hole to china... but only on that spot and only this piece, because I tried all the other FA ramp pieces on that spot, and all works nicely, only the one what I would need doesn't work... ()what() ()what() ()what() ()what()

Attached picture showes the issue...

- Tyberius

EDIT: removed swear indicators... :) Sorry for that!
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

mgb204

Whilst there may have been a rule change in respect of swearing at ST, please be advised this has not happened here on SC4D. Whilst I know it's only implied swearing, I kindly ask you to carefully consider your choice of words, even when frustrated.

I've placed all four rotations and not had any issues using NAM 36. Which suggests there is a tile that isn't exactly flat, even a not visually obvious bump is enough to get what you are seeing. Best advice, remove everything around those ramps, flatten them using Stubs (rail I find are best for this sort of thing), then try again.

dyoungyn

I agree with mgb204, sometimes after trying and trying with no joy, I either use the god mode to flatten then zone over the spot then re-zone just to make sure there is nothing there I just cannot see.  Sometimes it truly does get a little frustrating; patience and taking a deep breath and try different options.  As a fail safe, closing SC4, do a hard boot then open SC4 and the map and try again.  Eventually, the small glitch will work it's self out.

Tyberius06

Thanks both of you the answare!
I moved the piece 1 tile back and now it's working. My problem was, that I bulldozed everything there, dezoned everything (wasn't even zoned there anything), used the GOD mode terrain tool to make it flat, used the road tool etc... and the other pieces on that spot didn't make the hole, just this one... there was RHW 8S-C2 Ramp origianally on that spot, that's what I changed to the F2 ramp which didn't want to work there.

But now everything piecefull! :)

Thanks!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Kitsune

A couple things: The wrong texture is showing under the L1 (not shown) and L2 RHW-4 network. Second (which I assume will fall under "future enhancement") - there is no stability to get that second RHW-4 over the diagonals. Even having starters on all edges (as STR has diagonal starters) did not work.
~ NAM Team Member

mgb204

The textures should have been added to NAM36, I'll check into that, since it does appear I missed some things in my update.

As for the crossing stability, you must have at least 1 diagonal stretch above the RHW to have any chance of making this connection. It looks like that line goes into some switch, which means this is not actually the case currently. STR, especially diagonals are at a really basic stage right now and must be given a bit more space if you want them to work.

Kitsune

I actually did just manage to get it to work. I moved the switch back one tile - still no luck. So with the switch moved, I removed a STR starter and clicked a ton of times and eventually it popped correctly :)
~ NAM Team Member

Seaman

While we're at it: is there some hope for the diagonal crossings of the elevated alleys? The old puzzle pieces could've helped here, but of course they didn't get up to RRW standards...

mgb204

Quote from: Seaman on March 01, 2018, 08:45:14 AM
While we're at it: is there some hope for the diagonal crossings of the elevated alleys? The old puzzle pieces could've helped here, but of course they didn't get up to RRW standards...

Again you should find support for the puzzle-based viaducts in NAM36. I made all the paths/textures for them.

As for the draggable ones, of course diagonal support is planned eventually, but I can't tell you when.

Sic_civic_guy

Not sure if it's a known issue but using the RHW disconnector over the Bus Filter for L0 RHW-2 puzzle piece causes the game to crash to desktop

Seaman

Quote from: Sic_civic_guy on March 05, 2018, 11:21:39 PM
Not sure if it's a known issue but using the RHW disconnector over the Bus Filter for L0 RHW-2 puzzle piece causes the game to crash to desktop

I'm not sure about it, but this patch might help?

In case it's not helping and you don't have it already, it's a super helpful addition anyway.

Sic_civic_guy

Thanks for the reply Seaman. That's my first CTD I've experienced in a few years. I currently only have the NAM installed. I'm gonna open a blank city and see what else has conflicts with the Disconnector and then try the patch and see if that cures it. I'll post any other CTD's I experience.

Update:
Okay so I got a CTD with the Modern Arched Rail Station, Toll Booth, and the Straight Tram Station while hovering over them with the Disconnector. I installed the SC4Fix and it no longer Crashes. Thanks again Seaman for pointing me to the patch!

adsii1970

I'm having problems with the game closing every time I try and select the draggable GLR, it throws me out of the game. What information do I need to give y'all fine NAM folk to help me diagnose my problem?

Simmer2

Hello adsii1970 and welcome to our forum.
Put this in your plugin (with food) and call me in the morning. ;)
https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30883-sc4fix-third-party-patches-for-sc4/

No seriously, this little file solves a lot of issues including what you have described.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________