• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mallorca

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2008, 03:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Just enjoyed a great update  &apls &apls

Great to see Mallorca back again. Its really fascinating to see the way you develop your cities.
I'd love to see those quays released some day, they would be so useful ;D

Can't wait to see the next installment :thumbsup:
:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jeronij

Hello to all, and thanks for your nice compliments  :thumbsup:

I understand that I am developing my city very slooooowly... but I am glad to see you still keep finding it interesting  ;D

This is update 13, and this time I'l pot some more panoramic views.

First I'll show the way I used to complete the first military pier...

And now some overviews on the military base area...

And finally some overall views on the whole Port de Soller area:

Actually Ennedi gently offered me some customized rock mods and textures which I will implement into this project, since they fit better the real Port de Soller landscape. I am sorting out some pictures of these mods in actions... stay tuned  ;D

Again thanks to all for the feedback  :thumbsup:

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Sciurus

It's very nice, and I really like your terrain mod, could you give me a link please? ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

Hello Jeroni,
It's very impressive how a simple military pier can make a update looking fantastic.
This one is looking excellent my friend, those lots done are stunning, like your BATs.
Port of Soller itself is looking great too, I like the slope of the road.
The second pier is looking promising, when we see the way you've done the first, we can't imagine what you will done to the second one ! ;D
Also, there's already a lot of work to do to the city,but like you have said, build your city very slooooowly with a lot of details. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more,

Arthur. &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Fantastic new views of that area! It looks beautiful! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Very impressive, jeroni! The work is flawless, of course, but I am fascinated by the pallette - the color combinations you're using - as well. I've never seen anything else like it. Hope Mallorca will be around for quite a while. It's always a pleasure to see new developments here .

Later...
Joan

Luke09

Man,your MD is fantastic!I love the dense res sector,and the military pier is very beauty :thumbsup:
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Pat

Jeroni I truly enjoyed your military pier wow!!! I am also most impressed with your harbor/bay itself....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jeronij

Hello to all again  ;D

Scirius, I am using C.P.'s Painted Desert Terrain Mod for this area. However, I have customized cliffs and sand and water mods, and the terrain parameters are also slightly modified. It is also possible that in the future the terrain can be modified even further.... what are these HD textures that everybody is talking about...  ::)  ;) ??

Joan, I hope you like the new color effect for this new update...  ;D

All:, thanks for stopping here and dropping a support word  :thumbsup: (even after seeing almost the same images again and again.... $%Grinno$% ...  :-[ .... <-- I'll try to change this and post less picture to make it less repeptitive  ()stsfd() )

So then, enough wording and lets go for some pictures.... lets finish the military piers once for all ¡¡¡  :D :D

a) This picture shows the connection piece I made to join the two piers... I know the ships are missing... yet... this is something I have to work out sometime soon...

b) This picture shows the initial second pier lot. The lot lacks the buildings yet, this is only the docks and the basis....

c) Another perspective to allow a better view on the details here and there...

e) And an overall look to the two piers.

f) There are several months between this and the next picture, almost a year .... After creating the initial lot, I wanted to create some custom buildings, based in the original military facilities there, but I wasnt able to finish that model. It remains still unfinished in the deeps of my hd.... and when I recently tried to finish it, I couldnt find the inspiration....  ::)  $%Grinno$%

g) So I decided to use a "shorcut" to finish the lot... and hopefully give it a still credible look  ;D

h) Added a big light tower, because the works in this area are taking place day and night....

i) .... did I say night..  ;)??

EDIT: This is a closeup on the last lot. I feel proud of this one, so I wanted to show it better ;) ¡¡¡

I hope you like the overall military base layout.... it took a really looooong time to complete.... time which can not be seen here.... time invested in the Max.. in the Reader... in the LE...in the SC4Tool... In this new Port de Soller 2009 stage I will try to focus on building the city than in creating custom content for it... but some cc here and there does not harm that much, does it  ;) ??

Thanks again to all for the nice feedback  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

threestooges

I beg to differ when you say these are the same pics over and over. The same area, yes. But each time there is something new to see. I like the construction lot area you did. It gives the area a sense of progress and development, which is a nice balance/contrast with the aged houses on the hill. You may not think it shows from the pics, but after having hammered away at things in the BAT on its own for hours, I can tell this area has had some work put into it. Great to see it come together.
-Matt

art128

Hello Jeroni,
That pier is just stunning my friend, the props used make the difference. 

Looking forward to more.

take Care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

Ah ok, and thanks for the terrain texture :thumbsup: I don't what are they talknig about when they said HD textures, I thnik it's about HQ textures :) And the city is still beauitful ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

BarbarossaS

Nice work on the second pier there!  :thumbsup:
Too bad the original building you wanted for that piece didn't came through, but what you've done to solve this is great!  &apls

And your right about the cc, it definitely doesn't harm, but it does make it look better  ;)

-Stijn-

kimcar

&apls &apls Stunning job jeronij. I really like the details that you put on. Excellent look too :thumbsup:

Luke09

superb jeronij!As all your jobs  &apls  &apls
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

pete3d

great work...

-pete-

_maciex_

Great work :)

I like your use of w2w spanish buidings and your awesome creations :). And waterfront looks awesome  ;)
There are some very good spanish looking w2w buildings in "download" section on http://simcitypolska.pl/news.php Just register and dowload "Iberiada set" in w2w buildings section. Sorry for my english

Luciano

Amazing port jeronij   :)
I like very much the central building you use for your port  ()stsfd()
continue like this  :thumbsup:
Tramway of Rabat

kelis

Wow jeronij, amazing Job
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

dedgren

My friend, you can capture a sunny day better than anyone else I know.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax