• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gransimtenango

Started by manga rivotra, June 29, 2015, 12:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanami

Thats a lot of stairs! must be hard to climb before the cable car system installed.
Really nice area in overall! I like that "climate hazard" variation of picture.

also great job on doing lots! must be a leg work but it do worth a lot!

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

Update 23-2
****  Replies ****

@ Themistokles
The BLAM overhang prop can be found here
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/18253-blam-overpath-props-volume-1/

@ Mattb325
I can see  28 dependencies for the La Salle House lot in the reader, 24 dependencies for the c.p. House lot......so it's seem to be too much to bee release without lost some stuff and make crazy anybody who want to download.....

@ art128
I think the same about the railway, but i have started this tile even before download Nam 35, so i'll try to use more smooth curves in next updates.

@Nanami
I like it too, another one of Xannepan Jupiter Mod surprise. In fact, more the cities are hilly, more this mod is funny. I have experimented some strong storm on this one.  :D

@ korver, Akallan, kelis, Dantes, feyss, and Silur
Thank you very much for these very many and pleasant comments, I sincerely appreciate  ;D

All the following pics are now zoom 5 ( by clicking on it ) and you can therefore see how I tortures Sims with those endless stairs.
I'll try to put more references in the next update and above all in the previous but before i have to deal with the photobucket joke that ruin the 7 first page of the MD  :angrymore:

**** So now, Details pics ****
( if you click on pic, you'll see at zoom 5, so it's huge )

First view of the industrial area, from research center ( Mattb on STEX ) to the river mangrove ( the sea is only 800 meters frome here so the water is brackish ), passing by the tramways station ( art128 railways station « transformed » by PIM-X in a functionnal tramways station ) close to a cable car station ( from girafe on LEX ).
The diagonal and triangular building close to the pool are from Motokloss (STEX or SimCityPolska).
The water color effect are from Xannepan Poseidon mod for the ingame water (put on Gobias HD water mod), but prop water is from RFR (STEX) or custom texture of mine (close to the research center especially).

Others view of the industrial area. Many Mattb325 building here and some from spa, simgoober, tag_one and jasoncw. PROP are mainly from WMP and SCF for the truck. Building in the commercial area are from Mattb325 too, and the truck parked at the enter of the area is making by using KOSC overlays on MushyMushy asphalt textures with some MushyMushy truck too.
View between hill and highways.

View between pool and commercial area

The left bank, totally flat and very different from the town on the hills. Here, there is some planification of the district with the idea of urban garden belted by W2W residenial, and some old building remanant near the main avenue axe from the fountain roundabout to the council center ( Mattb325 ) front of the river (wooden terrace is made with prop from Vortext from Historic Harbour). This pic is taken under a spring light rain ( thank Poseidon weather Mod of Xannepan )

And some close view on the 2 hills.
First the most elevated with the water tower. (Vnaoned/VIP on LEX)

Now the main hill with the church ( Vnaoned/VIP) and the town offine ( c.p. post office FAR version )
Bridges on the river are made by using the "Teirusu Rain tool" ( http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/21531-teirusu-rain-tool-additional-god-mode-terrain-tools-2/ )that allowed to build without maxis water under. I have this tool in the last update also close to the church. Stairs are from Reddonquixote and SimCoug (on STEX). Little brigdge without traffic over the little dry canyon is from Glenni (STEX https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23071-eyecandy-bridges-set/).

And the 2 hills together.

Tyberius06

Hi!
Amazing pictures again! I like how you modify some of the contents! :)

"I can see  28 dependencies for the La Salle House lot in the reader, 24 dependencies for the c.p. House lot......so it's seem to be too much to bee release without lost some stuff and make crazy anybody who want to download....."

Well, so what? 28 dependencies is nothing... Anyway I can't see the problem, most of these dependencies usually the most common ones what everybody should use, probably there is a few rarely used one, but come on, for such a nice additions I think worth it... :)

Well other option, if you don't want to spend a lot of time to dealing with the LEX or STEX dependency tracking system/attaching deps, you can still upload them onto a cloud drive (drop box, onedrive, google drive) with a list of the deps, and share only the link, and if somebody is interested in, that one wouldn't care about the deps... :)

For example I'm interested in the modified art128 station... ;) :) That could be useful for anyone else.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

kelis

Okay, so here we got another fantastic update. I especially like the first picture where I can see that terminal station, I think that's a very good place with that plaza, parking zones and those buildings surrounding the area... Great job as always here  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Akallan

Impressive, your cities are always pleasant to see, and in one mosaic one can see so many details. The buildings are in perfect harmony with each other and integrate themselves into the outside environment, which is truly amazing. MMP work with river among other and magnificent, great work! &apls &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

romualdillo

Great pictures again! I've noticed c.p.'s FAR building on the hill. It gives an interesting touch to the surrounding space.

Nanami

Of course its another great update! Those sloppy hill would be difficult to be work on. great work on doing it!

btw its shame with that photobucket problem in your MD.. I know how it feels since I encountered the problem when majhost gone back on 2014..

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()
@ Tyberius06, kelis, Akallan, romualdillo,korver and Nanami :
Thank you for your previous answers, glad you liked it.  :)

Not a real update but a simple winter image ..... a little late.
I always try to find the best solution to host my old photos, and thhat take some time.
On the other hand, making downloadable lots takes too much time for me at the moment; and I believe (to answer Tyberius06) that the best way to appropriate the cities we create is to customize the lots that we download. This is what I do for years and with the experience I started to like and I improved.

Akallan

A lot of relief! I really like the layout of the buildings. :thumbsup:
My CJ :

Themistokles

That's a steep city :o And I absolutely love the small square in the middle of two elevations, and the perfectly placed elevator and street. The placement of the church reminds me of the big church by the Senaatintori in Helsinki.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

feyss

Wow, it seems that I missed the last update! The pond in the middle of that road curve and the tram terminus both catched my eye  :thumbsup:

Great picture with that church too  ;)

manga rivotra

@ Akallan, and Feyss :
Thanks for the kinds words, i appreciate !  ;D
@ Themistockles :
it is true that I like to put the religious buildings or landmark on promontories ..... ::). and I think that the Senaatintori church is even more similar with the photo 366 that I had posted some time ago.
For the elevator, it is in fact the prop included in the ped path of the NAM. Although this is the first time I show it here, I tend to use it now systematically when I have stairs in a very urban landscape.

Update 24

This time an update a little different from the previous ones with few photos but also my first personal content posted via a direct link from the bottom of the first post of my MD on the first page. http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=16991.0

I realized 2 years ago already some MMPs of catenaries based on the CityMax prop pack available here on Tout Sim Cities.com https://www.toutsimcities.com/downloads/view/1969 and working via the "RUM for RRW" mod of Rivit, available on STEX https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29279-rum-for-rrw/

This pack includes modern style catenaries already transformed into MMPs by Badsim in march 2017, but also various signals and older-inspired catenaries that in my opinion perfectly match the original RRW rail texture. (note : by catenaries, i mean the gantry only)

This little set includes, on the first hand 3 MMPs dat files with the old style gantry catenaries :
-1 to put double track catenaries (DTR)      > zzzz_Citymax Rail Catenary_DTR_MMP_gSt
-1 to put catenaries for single tracks (STR) > zzzz_Citymax Rail Catenary_STR_MMP_gSt
-1 to put various signals.                           > zzzz_Citymax Rail Object_STR_MMP_gSt

All these MMPs are present at the bottom of the flora secion between nbvc mmps and VIP mmps.
They have 7 to 8 chances to appear in the desired position before finishing with a Blank prop.
Some of them are offset to appear in the right place in game (this particulary feature is from the autor, i didn't change the models files in any way). This include MMPs with FAR angle, very useful for the FAR rail section and wides curves.
In addition, their occupancy sized is minimal, which allows to add a lot of vegetation to their feet, or even to put on lots adjacent to railways.

These files have to be put as follows in the Plugins folder :
Where you want in your plugin folder but better in zzzz_Citymax_Rail_MMPs_gSt folder

On the other hand, this set include 3 4 T21 dat files ; that is to say : files automatically putting catenary props at regular intervals on a certain number of sections of railroad tracks (just click with rail cursor on existing rail section or draw new ones), including straight sections, diagonals, some switches and some section of the 15m elevated railway.

These files should be put as follows:
RealRailway_T21.dat have to be in the folder                                       : z___NAM > Y_RealRailways
NAM_Rail_Catenaries and SC4_Rail_Catenaries have to be in the folder : Network Addon Mod > zzzzz_Catenary Mod > rail Cateneray
H__Catenaries RRW.dat have to replace the existing file with the same name in the folder                         :"Z___RVT Modds" - "RVT zRUM for RRW" - "H Catenary"
"H__Faded Catenary" present in updated version (24 october 2017) of the RUM of RRW have to be deleted

All theses files are fully compatible with NAM 35 (the current i use now) but i suppose they are also compatible with the NAM 36 except there will not be catenary on the 7.5m elevated section. BUT, there are totally uncompatible with other T21 rail dat especially the Plundere mod which served me as a model and intend to be partially replaced by this new one. AND, of course, be sure of macking a sav of your current NAM and Rivit T21 files (RealRailway_T21.dat H__Catenaries RRW.dat and H__Faded Catenary)

Here 2 illustrations of what can do this set :

421. T21 files :

422. T21 files + MMPs files (note the orange mark is the place to click to have the catenary correctly placed) :

All indications above have been corrected on 31 march after report errors and replaced the files  :-[, so if anything is still wrong tell me and i'll remove the file or try to correct them again. Moreover if the autor of the models files (CityMax) don't want that these MMPs and T21 be made, PM me

And some MD classic stuff with this little city re-worked recently. You can see some of the recent Sciurius creation like the church and the post office, a few from Aarsgevogelte and a lot of old stone house from Manchou ( Tout Sim Cities.com) and some Girafe new poplars, and of course the MMPs and T21 in game.

423. (click to enlarge, zoom 5 view)
At spring :

424.(click to enlarge, zoom 5 view) water tower is from SimHoTToDDy
At Autumn :

425. added on 31 march 2018 (click to enlarge, zoom 5 view) square building with rounded angle is from Jeroni

426. added on 31 march 2018 (click to enlarge, zoom 5 view)

On a side note, i have re-hosted all the 424 pictures of this MD during the few last month after the photobucket problem  ;D

feyss

The street mod and the sidewalk fit perfectly! And the few Maxis buildings don't feel weird for once, what deserves to be noticed  :thumbsup:

Interesting job with the catenaries  ;)

Simmer2

Everything looks so harmonious &apls

I'm going to test drive those T21 cats.

Thank you.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Akallan

The texture of the roads is really beautiful, you always do amazing work! &apls
My CJ :

PaPa-J

Nice little MD you  have here.  Very interesting.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

vinlabsc3k

Great work with this MD! &apls &apls &apls
One note: why don't you use Paeng's Funicular instead of Girafe's Cableway?
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

manga rivotra

I added 2 "zoom 5" mosaics on my previous post.

********Answers*******

@ vinlabsc3k :
I'm glad you like it  :)
the idea with the cable car is that they were installed long after the stairs were created, because this city has slopes too strong for bus use or any other modern public transport. The installation of a funicular seems to me more realistic if it simultaneous with the creation of a district, or if many free grounds allow it later. I have been using the Paeng's funicular in previous updates, photos 123 to 126 and 365, in a different environment. This kind of solution is particularly important in South America (Medellin for example).

@ feyss, Akallan and PaPa-J :
Thanks for the kinds comments !  :)
About the custom road texture (street are Tarsealed street from Rivit), is a WIP of course, because it take huge time to re-texture every nam section road (by editing directly the Nam dat), especially because i don't use any automatic program (you can see tyres marks cross a little bit white lanes in some curves, that it intentional).
In fact, bridges will be my big problem and GLR also, because sidewalk are incorporated in the GLR overlay, and my sidewalk is pretty uncommon. And, obviously, the color of asphalt is a matter of taste on which everyone can express a different opinion.

@Simmer2 :
Thanks to you !  ;D
It's always good that people with different plugin folders test new content.  :thumbsup:
Do not hesitate to say if there is a problem.

Girafe

I downloaded the files but it seems it does not work for me. I doubt I installed any other catenary mod previously. I am using the last version of NAM 
Are you sure about them?  &Thk/(
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

eggman121

Best I share some Developments here...

I too have been working on a Catenary Mod for the RRW. The one I am working on uses a Template that you can apply textures too so they can be made to most types of poles you find in the real world...

Here are the previews of the RRW using poles and wires based around the Japanese style of poles.

I am working hard to make these a feature for NAM 37.

Hopefully this does not steal some of your thunder but I just wanted to show the fact that I am also making a cat wire mod for the RRW and as the maintainer of the RRW project I do know this is a deal breaker for some of the holdouts of the RRW. I would like Catenaries as well so this is why I am working on this project.

-eggman121