• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

I agree, we need more diagonal buildings, preferably in as many categories as possible (small-big, American-European-Asian-African, historic-modern-futuristic, park-skyscraper-factory-civil etc).
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

noahclem

Incredible to see all these awesome models and lots coming so quickly :O Your houses have formed the core and vast majority of both my low density residential areas and W2W terraced housing areas and these recent ones with the custom foundations and even better lotting will make an outstanding addition! All the more so since, as fate would have it, I'm working on a very hilly region :D I'm also really looking forward to that FA library and there's been a number of other unique and interesting gems in recent weeks and months. Thanks a ton for revisiting those vaults!  &apls

mattb325

Thanks guys...glad the vault has been so well received...it was dusty in there  :-[

So, I just can't help myself...stem cell research center GIFs, ploppable civics, diagonal buildings, FAR buildings...

How about FAR + (nearly) diagonal?

Obviously a first draft....but this is why the vault ends up so cluttered...must focus on releasing old stuff before making new stuff  :D

belfastsocrates

I really like it! Need more of these buildings. The roof looks excellent and realistic for this particular type of building.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

omgitskosc

Whoa, I love the irregular shape and angling of the building! Reminds me a lot of those massive suburban corporate campuses with T, and L-shaped structures in addition to the run-of-the-mill rectangular office boxes. Looks like it would be a challenging and fun endeavor to lot one of these.  &apls

mattb325

Thanks, I much prefer irregular shapes to just square buildings.

So, this is what you can do with this. Bear in mind that I am on a super-restricted testing plugins, so I haven't tarted the FAR ploppable version up with anything other than a ped mall. It is capable of sitting on the FAR 3 x FAR 3 crossing, which is nifty and you can then do all sorts of crazy stuff after that:

Or, you can just plop the ready made lot that I'll also include (both will act as a reward research ctr):

Andreas

I like the modern lot layout, suits the building very well. The gardeners must have been drunk when they planted the trees, though. :D Just kidding of course, looking forward to the final version!
Andreas

noahclem

That is absolutely outstanding!!! I love having this kind of grid-breaking building and there's so few of them available, particularly with multiple angles or curves--and in those cases it seems a majority of the time they end up with a batted base, defeating much or all of the grid-breaking aesthetic advantage (though doubtless that reduces dependency whining and changes lighting possibilities). The model already looks outstanding &apls  On a side note, your LSE is one of my favorite BATs for grid-breaking use, though that's after relotting it to overhang  :thumbsup: I'll certainly not complain if you do any more work in these types of areas  ;D

art128

I do like this building quite a lot! Do you think a version without solar panels would be possible?
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mattb325

Thanks guys!

Lol - I fixed the trees (or waited until the landscapers sobered up...!)

So this is the final lot layout for the fully lotted version...

still tweaking the placement of the overhanging prop version to ensure that enough touches the roads for sims to work there...

In meantime, a couple of other random vault uploads for you.

A british pub:

Here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3689

And a remake of another house from SIMPEG days (2006), but to most players this will be a new upload

Real House (an example of the Australian Federation Bungalow adaptation)

The Simpeg version (shudder)

The remade, slope friendly versions:

Here:http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3691

On a side note, I will need to relot a number of older lots to remove props that have a reference to Mattb325 Prop Pack Vol01 to point the props to Mattb325 Vol04 (some newer props automatically over-ride where I knew that other creators had used them, but for the most part, given the rescaling, I opted for new exemplars which will mean some older stuff will get a relot as a courtesy to those users who delete the original prop pack once it no longer serves any use. It's only probably about a dozen or so lots, but it's also a great opportunity to disentangle those lots from installers, which is something I no longer use for uploads (hallelujah &hlp)

Indiana Joe

Holy moly, that is a gorgeous building.  Yay for diagonals!  :bnn:

I'm not sold on the lot work yet, the way it's just kinda plopped over the rectangle grass patches...I don't know if your landscapers are completely sobered up yet  ;) :D

It looks great as-is, the insignificant details can be lot-edited if it really bothers me that much.

compdude787

Wow that FA building is really awesome!!!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

mattb325

Thanks guys

Strange grass strips in pavement are at the forefront of public landscaping. They are what green walls were innovation-wise 15-20 years ago....you'll be seeing them a lot more often in RL over the next decade:

Who knew that Maxis could have made an overlay texture ahead of its time...

Next in this 18.4 degree-fest is a police station. Full lot version:

FAR version:

It's inspired by any number of police stations where they apply strange painted or tiled murals in an effort to make the building less intimidating. Plus I had that texture for ages and always wanted to find an excuse to use it  :P
Also the research FAR lot is giving a headache in terms of getting sims to work there. Are there are known dead zone on these FAR pieces? I know when Res gets zoned in certain spots it will grow but get a no car zot. This is where it touches:

noahclem

Awesome to see another FA offering--it may now technically be a "spree"  ;D I'm somehow just tickled by how nicely the roof on the research building turned out. I would have thought access to it should be just fine as long as there are paths of that commuter type in the tile concerned and there should be both car and ped paths in all those tiles--hopefully problem sorts itself out, otherwise you may need the help of someone brighter than me. Love the mural detail on the police station too, as well as the little bar in the first pic of the last post :D

Andreas

Ohh, I really like that police station! Is there any chance to get a non-angled model, too? A fire station with a similar design would be great as well (you might have to find another mural for that, though ;) ). As far as the zoning for FAR goes, I guess you need to make sure the lot touches an "active" part with a road tile (not an overhang), which can be somewhat tricky alright.
Andreas

mattb325

Thanks guys (lol, how did that pub sneak in there  ;))

I guess it could soon be a FAR-fest...let's see how many civics I can make before I get bored with the subject. A fire station is on the list as is any other civic that doesn't need surrounding grounds and open areas to be realistic  ::)

With making these orthogonal, if they're small and only take a few minutes to re-render, PIM-x and lot like this police station would, then yes, it's possible.... but the bigger ones that take 1hr + to render plus have very complex lotting etc, then don't hold your breath   :innocent:....

Urban Hospital (test lot. still some tweaks to do):

I haven't made the FAR overhanging lot yet...

belfastsocrates

Delighted!! A modern realistic hospital
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Andreas

Wow, that hospital is a keeper for sure! Lots of visual interest, and it looks big without taking up too much space.

As for orthogonal versions, I'd happily make a lot myself, so if you're kind enough to press that rendering button twice... :)
Andreas

Tyberius06

Angled buildings are coming!  &apls &apls &apls I hope you won't get bored for a while... ;)
Really nice civic buildings over here! :)

Thanks for making them!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Alan_Waters

Incredible! It's as always delicious!  &apls &apls &apls