• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

where did Simpeg go?

Started by greenbelt, July 12, 2015, 06:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenbelt

I must admit I don't play SimCity much anymore.  I loved hanging out with my friends at Simpeg.  Now the site has disappeared.  Anyone know anything about this?

Tarkus

Hi greenbelt-

Sadly, Pegasus closed down the site earlier this month, in the wake of catastrophic data loss.  There is a thread here about the whole situation.

-Alex

mgb204

Catty has generously allowed us to setup a place to chat on the city builders website, see here for more information.

catty

Quote from: mgb204 on July 12, 2015, 07:19:14 PM
Catty has generously allowed us to setup a place to chat on the city builders website...

We have called it the SimPeg Bomb Shelter for obvious reasons

http://www.city-builders.info/cb-groups/item/45-simpeg-shelter

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

Two things

Firstly the SimPeg Shelter group after the initial shock of what had happened to SimPeg the group wasn't used by anyone and when asked people were happy to see the group deleted after giving it a deadline till the end of the year for people to change their minds, as much as possible was transferred to other locations on the site and then the group was deleted.

Secondly with some free time on my hands I was able to get starting on a new Index list this one covers everything that was in PLEX and where those files are now located ... its a work in progress so people may need to check in a few times till its finished always assuming I can locate all the files.

https://city-builders.info/cb-documents/11-catalog-by-website/98-simpeg-exchange-url-updated

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.