• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 33 (Official Release) Now Available

Started by The NAM Team, November 26, 2015, 12:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CahosRahneVeloza

I just hopped back to SC4 since NAM 33 has been released and I have a bit of a question regarding the brand spankin' new Draggable RHW ramps interface system and might I say this new method sure is easier to deal with than using puzzle pieces. Although I've learned to get used to 'em some time ago.

Now I've just got a question. What's the "code" or pattern to make the older "10S that splits into a 4S entrance/exit ramp and a 6S through way" ramp piece? Im talking about the one:

Tarkus

The 10S D2 and E2 ramps are pretty much the only two of their kind that haven't gotten a DRI setup yet.  At present, the only option to build them is the puzzle pieces.

-Alex

CahosRahneVeloza

@Tarkus: At least they're still available as puzzle pieces though :)

jessilaurn

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I am very much looking forward to no longer having to reference my cheat-sheet of which bridges do and do not work in conjunction with ferry routes. :)

- Jess

matias93

About the brigdes and ferries, I noted some of them rised their minimum height for allowing ferries to pass, specifically from 30 m.o.s.l. to 35 or a bit more. That's not a real problem, but I'm having to redo most brigdes to allow ferry passing under.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

jessilaurn

Quote from: matias93 on December 04, 2015, 10:59:29 AM
About the brigdes and ferries, I noted some of them rised their minimum height for allowing ferries to pass, specifically from 30 m.o.s.l. to 35 or a bit more. That's not a real problem, but I'm having to redo most brigdes to allow ferry passing under.
I'm not running into that problem.  Bridges that were barely clearing minimum ferry clearance height before are still doing so now (even when replaced) for me.

- Jess

Tarkus

We didn't change any of the height requirements in the process of fixing the ferry blocking issues, but rather, just removed a property from the affected bridges.  It may be a matter of perhaps not having the Bridge Height Mod installed previously (which has been a community mainstay for 11 years, and a NAM option since NAM 31), or something else with slope mod settings.

-Alex

Robin Locksley

There is a missing texture in high elevated rail over highway overpass. There's a some kind of metal structure, like ramp or brige, untextured. Both in el rail puzzle pieces and highway misc parts.

mgb204

Are you using the standard El-Rail or Moonlights Alternate El-Rail? Similarly are you using Maxis highway or the Maxis Highway Override? If you can post a screenshot, that would help.

Robin Locksley

Quote from: mgb204 on December 16, 2015, 02:30:44 AM
Are you using the standard El-Rail or Moonlights Alternate El-Rail? Similarly are you using Maxis highway or the Maxis Highway Override? If you can post a screenshot, that would help.
I'm using only NAM 33, installed over NAM 32 version. No facelift or other rail network mods. Can't post screen now.

Robin Locksley

This is the screen of missing texture object. I just dragged standart elevated rail over highway.

mgb204

Even though you are using the Standard El-Rail and Highway, you have installed a mod (MHO Patch) that is designed for the Alternate EL-Rail and MHO, two mods you are not using. Therefore you should probably uninstall my MHO Patch mod, since you are not using MHO, it's only going to cause you problems like this where pieces don't look correct.

Robin Locksley

Hm... this could explain why elevated and ground highway intersection uses dark texture instead of standart maxis. Thanks.

You wrote in mod description that "Maxis Highway Override Mod came with the NAM a few versions ago". Does it mean this mod is a part of NAM? If so, can I use both maxis and MHO highways, or I should simply get rid of this mod fix?

compdude787

The Maxis Highway Override is completely optional and I think it can only be installed by doing a custom installation of the NAM. So unless you specifically did such an installation and checked the box next to "Maxis Highway Override," you do not need the Maxis Highway Override Patch.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Robin Locksley

I'll try manual install, thanks. But there is one more thing - dark texture on maxis highway intersections. No fix for that?
Thanks for help to all of you, anyway.

mgb204

If you look at the screenshot from before, the highway part is how the MHO mod looks. It's a total refresh of the original Maxis highway. You can't use both, it's a one or the other choice. The same applies with Moonlight's Alternate El-Rail, you can either use it or the default one. Note that MHO goes deeper than just a re-skin, for example the old interchanges are not compatible with it, there are new pieces which are designed to utilise the vast options from the RHW to create intersections.

Aesthetically I find the MHO and ML's El-Rail to be vastly superior to the originals which are 13 years old and quite basic. Just because something comes with the NAM, doesn't mean it will be installed by default. Many choices are included so that users can customise their preferences to their liking.

If you don't use both either of these choices, them my mod will not work as the pieces it replaces will all look out of place.

Robin Locksley

RHW can't give eye candy effect in most complex cases. Thats why im using RHW only for simple roads or avenues but not RHW intersections. But i need it in some rare cases. Same with MHO. It fits in some cases, others - not.

Just didnt realize MHO can be separate from NAM mod.