• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey Knox

Are the RHW Neighbor Connector Pieces still working? I tested it out and waited for 10 years but nothing happens. I asked Google and found some Information about it (Drawpaths/Green Lines at City Boarder) but still nothing. It also looks like the Pathing is a little bit off, but the RHW4 (where the pathing is fine) isnt working either. Or am i doing it wrong? ;D

Tarkus

You need to make sure they're on both sides of the connection, and they've been allowed to run in simulation.

-Alex

Mikey Knox

Quote from: Tarkus on December 04, 2015, 01:37:12 PM
You need to make sure they're on both sides of the connection, and they've been allowed to run in simulation.

-Alex

Well i know they need to be on both Sides of the Citys ;D, but whats the meaning of "been allowed to run in simulation" ?

mgb204

Simply to give it a few months from placing them in-game for the simulator to catch up with changes. It can take a little while when you make any change before the simulator re-calculates possible routes to jobs for sims.

Wiimeiser

Is this right? None of these seem to be working for me...

EDIT: Got this one specifically but I can't figure out the other variation.

While I'm at it:

Though it fixed when I dragged a road through it.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

compdude787

Quote from: Wiimeiser on December 05, 2015, 11:03:09 PM
[snip]

Get rid of the RHW-2 in the middle. There should be no 4-way intersections for this drag pattern, only T-intersections.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Wiimeiser

Quote from: compdude787 on December 05, 2015, 11:17:37 PM
Quote from: Wiimeiser on December 05, 2015, 11:03:09 PM
[snip]

Get rid of the RHW-2 in the middle. There should be no 4-way intersections for this drag pattern, only T-intersections.
I did figure that one out, but can't figure out the others...

vinlabsc3k

In the RRW there's not rail switch points in the interchanges. :-[
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

eggman121

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on December 06, 2015, 03:09:06 PM
In the RRW there's not rail switch points in the interchanges.

Can you show a picture please so we can diagnose the problem.

-eggman121

mgb204

I think he means that there are no switch points when using UDI with RRW.

This is something that may be added in future, but indeed support is very limited right now.

eggman121

Quote from: mgb204 on December 06, 2015, 03:22:46 PM
I think he means that there are no switch points when using UDI with RRW.

This is something that may be added in future, but indeed support is very limited right now.

Thanks for the clarification. They will appear in the future ;)

-eggman121

Wiimeiser

A bug that needs to be fixed within the hour: Flups under OWR cannot be placed on North-to-South OWR, only East-to-West.

Sleepy456

Hi NAM team,

First of all, i'd like to thank you guys for your work on the NAM, it kept me playing Sim City for the past years.
Don't know if this is a bug or an outdated texture on my end, but i'm experiencing some texture alignment issues on the euro version of the RHW, specifically the RHW-4 FAR pieces. I've tried reistalling the NAM, but this does not fix the issue for me.

Thanks,

Steven

Tarkus

Hard to tell, but it's kind of looking like bits of the old MandelSoft Euro RHW set are showing through.  It's no longer included in NAM 33, so there must be some residual files somewhere if that's the case.

Wiimeiser, I've confirmed your report--details in the FLUPs thread.

-Alex

Pythias900KMB

(Looks up to read the clock and gasps) ... damn, the time really got away from me while I was trying out the NAM 33 in one of my developed cities!  Let me first start out by thanking all of the NAM developers for all the work that they did.  The RealHighway has been a real pain in the ass as I was figuring out how all of the puzzle pieces work; still, I am gradually getting the hang of it and am confident that I will eventually master it.

The thing is ... figuring out how to draw the straight segments both ground level and elevated using the starter pieces is relatively straight forward; still, getting the access/egress ramps built without a tiny mistake ruining all that I did right is driving me batty!!!  I have a RHW-10S I am building where the westbound half lends its two outer lanes to a northbound highway mean to take traffic through the city while the remaining three lanes deposit traffic in the city.

I am also pondering whether to use an MIS to loop one of the lanes into a turnaround; still, before I can do that, I need to get the NAM to listen to what I need it to do instead of trying to read my mind.  I saw an exit ramp where there were two exiting lanes and three through lanes that I think is perfect -- if SC4D cooperates with my attempts to evoke it into the proper position.

I am also having difficulty with the puzzle piece that begins/ends RHW overpasses from earthen embankments; whenever I use it, it tries to read my mind about which slope I wish to use it on and it is a pain to get it oriented even without my keyboard deciding to take a siesta when I wish to use it.

I hope to get some insightful counsel about how to resolve these issues.

Sleepy456

Quote from: Tarkus on December 10, 2015, 01:07:29 PM
Hard to tell, but it's kind of looking like bits of the old MandelSoft Euro RHW set are showing through.  It's no longer included in NAM 33, so there must be some residual files somewhere if that's the case.

-Alex

Thank you for your reply Alex

I uninstalled the euro textures that came with NAM 33, and the american textures are fine. I don't feel like going through my plugin folder with a fine comb, so for me the problem is solved. Thanks for the help

Steven

alexr19

So, I decided to start up SC4 now that the semester is winding down and saw that a new NAM is out! Installed, but...I don't see the RHW icons. It's been a while since I've played, but they are in the highway menu, correct? All I see is Maxis stuff. I've reinstalled twice. Any idea what might have happened and any suggestions?

k808j

We  ()borg() have returned after a 2 yr hiatus and noticed that our tla roads have no paths, hence the "no road connection" warning. Have updated to NAM 33 still the same results. Lost original (American) CD discs and brought UK version, reinstalled game and migrated the original cities (American) over. Could this cause an issue (Beside the direction of traffic which is now left  &mmm )

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

Tarkus

Quote from: alexr19 on December 11, 2015, 12:39:34 PM
So, I decided to start up SC4 now that the semester is winding down and saw that a new NAM is out! Installed, but...I don't see the RHW icons. It's been a while since I've played, but they are in the highway menu, correct? All I see is Maxis stuff. I've reinstalled twice. Any idea what might have happened and any suggestions?

They should be under that menu, yes.  Ensure that when you've selected the RealHighway option when you run the installer.

Quote from: k808j on December 11, 2015, 12:48:38 PM
We  ()borg() have returned after a 2 yr hiatus and noticed that our tla roads have no paths, hence the "no road connection" warning. Have updated to NAM 33 still the same results. Lost original (American) CD discs and brought UK version, reinstalled game and migrated the original cities (American) over. Could this cause an issue (Beside the direction of traffic which is now left  &mmm )

Yes, that absolutely would do it.  The TLAs require special LHD paths, and if you've done an RHD NAM installation in an LHD game (the NAM does not change drive sides), it'll basically cause all network tiles with LHD-specific pathing to have no pathing. Either ensure your NAM installation is LHD, or use the shortcut trick or a registry edit to change the drive side back to RHD.

-Alex