• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Korean custom content site! includes pics and helpful info....

Started by jmdude1, November 02, 2008, 06:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdude1

http://cafe.naver.com/sc4labs

mods: if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it accordingly.  :thumbsup:
ive been to this site before but i just explored it today and with the help of online translation and my own knowledge. ive downloaded some really excellent work. unfortunately, theres only 10 pages of content to download.

its quite easy to navigate. just go to the site and in 'sector 2', click on 'BAT C', this will lead to you a list of mostly dowloadable content, each link with a tree (?) icon contains very helpful pics of whats available if you dont speak korean. unfortunately...or unbelievably, after living in korea for 3 years and studying korean language for 2 years, i still just know basic korean... :(   

anyways....the available downloads have a little floppy disk icon. once youve clicked on the file, you are shown the pics and stats (sometimes) of the BAT.  to download the BAT, just click the download link in the upper right corner next to the floppy disk icon.  youll want to extract the actual sc4 folder/files from the rarred or zipped file.
tip: most files seem to be in .rar format, which can be opened via winrar, which is free on the net. (im not sure if winzip can open it or not?)

there are no self extractors, as we use here, so be sure to delete any unnecessary txt, jpg, etc, files., unless you want to keep them of course.  :)

ive plopped all the ploppable files that i downloaded which i will post pics of, they all have night lights and most seem to be of very good overall quality. as with the japanese BATS, there isnt always english available on the in game menus/descriptions but i know theres a link in the japanese section on how to change this.

i hope this helps to expand our custom content selection and i would really enjoy it if anybody else has any good korean sites. enjoy!

dont mind the pics, my plugins folder was emptied for this.

edit: ive checked out the files on this site in the lot editor.  it seems some res. buildings have missing base textures. if you look at post 212 on page 7, you can see the rusty orange sidewalk textures around the buildings, this is the texture thats missing. its odd though, cause in my 6th pic below you can see 1 strip of this texture but all the rest are missing. if anybody else figures out how to fix this, feel free to add to the thead. until then, you will have to add your own base textures to these files. thanks!

here is a sunken rail station and an elev. rail station.

here are some rail sheds. the shed with the skylights contains some nice bullet trains inside.

this is a delivery service company. nice warehouse!

here are some typical korean style com. buildings and 1 res. bldg in the bottom left. these all have great nightlights. notice the diagonals too??  :)

a prop family of 27 billboards, here is a sample. since they are korean, they might not appeal to everyone.

this is the only plop res. that i downloaded, and in my opinion, the other growables available look much better. also, i couldnt find the base texture for this complex so if you want this, you will need to edit it and add your own base textures.

the top left 3 are a prop family (nike, puma, converse) with wall murals on the sides and back of the bldgs. the top right 4 are another prop family. the bottom 4 are convience stores.

rooker1

Some very interesting bats.  I think I'll have to go and check out that thread and see if I can find some of that gold.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

derwilly

oh man... more MB to add to my plugin folder!!

thanks for the discovery, I'm seeing some amazing works here!
Indonesia: land of smiles, home of chaos, nation of disorder. My favorite place on Earth!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66788325@N00/collections/72157600071762388/

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Nice find! %confuso

Where are the train shed and the warehouse? Could you us a direct link please?
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

jmdude1

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on November 02, 2008, 07:25:14 PM
Nice find! %confuso

Where are the train shed and the warehouse? Could you us a direct link please?

heres a link for the warehouse: http://cafe.naver.com/sc4labs.cafe?iframe_url=/ArticleRead.nhn%3Farticleid=710
but you will have to find the train sheds on your own. there are about 3 or 4 seperate files and im not sure which ones they are.

edit: something i just noticed, i tried to datpack my new downloaded content and it wouldnt compress. im not sure if this is due to some of the characters used in the file names or not. so, you may want to keep whatever you download from this site in a seperate folder and dont dont datpack it. does anybody else have more knowledge about this?

Pat

jmdude you have found a good jewel out there wow!!! I will have to follow this more here closely and look at a little later tomorrow when I havent played in front of the computer all day lol....

edit I tried to follow really quickly the link to the site and I couldnt find any of those bats siiigh... jmdude would you be able to post a direct linkie to the download's

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jmdude1

suuuure, why not?    http://cafe.naver.com/sc4labs.cafe?iframe_url=/ArticleList.nhn%3Fsearch.clubid=14162167%26search.menuid=10%26search.boardtype=L

thats the download section...i guess i should have just linked that in the 1st place.  ::)   oh well....maybe somebody might want to explore more, although i dont think there has been much action at that site lately.

Scrooge

Does anyone know if this wonderful South Korean creation is available anywhere else?

http://cafe.naver.com/sc4labs/1031

It's linked to a blog on SC4 Labs but the blog seems to be down.

jmdude1

i couldnt access the site either, but check your inbox for a nice surprise dragonanime.

Glenni

Sorry for the bump, but I thought it would be more appropriate to post here, than make a new topic.
I tried making an account at the service Naver, which Sc4labs uses to register. I gave my proper phone number for the verification code, but it never got sent to my phone. Does anyone else have this problem?

kelis

I had the same problem... it was impossible to me to get an account in that website... I'm in Europe too
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Tyberius06

Guys! why do you bother with registering onto the site. It's not necessary to download the still available stuffs... which is not much sadly, because some of them is disappeared by now.
Check the pic, it shows how to download...

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.