• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Thanks silur and alan_waters  :)

Finally the old NYPD headquarters is done..with my limited attention patience for models that take over about 3 or 4 hours, this one was certainly trying.

I'll probably make a diagonal version, too....

fantozzi

A stroke of genius. Jawdropping. The roof texture brings it to a head - this is copper exposed exactly 110 years  to NY weather. 

On the second picture the lower windows of the narrow side - imho they pick up the green from the roof but much darker and saturated and therefore attract too much attention. Maybe they should be desaturated. Exposed to the sunlight they probably would almost be light grey with a little drop of green (with blinds closed) or very dark (like upper floor, under the tympanum, with blinds open).

art128

Really like it a lot. This is a classical building I will most certainly use in my city. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

PaPa-J

Dang, really  nice building, really good detail. Spot on IMHO.  Great work Matt.  &apls
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Simmer2

Absolutely fantastic!!

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

belfastsocrates

Gorgeous! The dome and copper reminds me of Belfast City Hall.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Jack_wilds

do not now how you do it...  ??? :o

but that is an awesome model...  :thumbsup:  :)

mattb325

Thanks fantozzi, art128, papa-j, simmer2, belfastsocrates and jack wilds  :)

The ground plane (which is what you see reflected in the glass on the side) is 1km by 1km....moving the image around to fix one side for a reflection usually causes problems somewhere else and the actual glass reflection doesn't reveal itself until you render the model (while modelling you only really see a slightly transparent black looking material)....

Diagonal version:

This one looks rather cool and urban....

fantozzi

Agree. The front looks absolutely perfect. It's not worth the trouble.

I see another problem much more fatal. You did this too beautiful to be a police station. Could be a palace of justice. A patent office. A museum of justice.

If I was imprisoned there I could even send picture postcards to my relatives - "look this is the place I'm living now, isn't it nice?"   &prt

Tyberius06

Hi!

Absolutelly beautiful stuff! And the diagonal version is awesome as well!  &apls &apls
3-4 hours on a model? Well... I guess the rutine and the years... :D :D
And thanks for the FAR station. That's unique as well... Thanks for making and sharing it!

- Tyberius

P.S.: once, when you're quite bored, would a FAR terminus building be possible (with 2-3 pair of tracks, with a main building which would fit into an urban area)? ;)
P.S 2: +1 for all the awesome diagonal and FAR contents what you've made recently! :) Thank you!
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Chrysler

Your are a such talented and prolific batter. SC4 wouldn't definitely be the same without your creations, really needed to make our cities more realistic, especially your civic buildings. Thank you for the wonderful work you did.  :thumbsup:

The old NYPD headquarters is so realistic and we definitely miss neoclassical buildings in SC4 so, if you need more inspiration, may I suggest the recreation of two iconic buildings ; the Chicago City Hall and the Federal reserve building in Chicago. Those buildings are so pure, so imtemporal and really beautiful.

The Chicago Municipal Building

The Federal Reserve Building

One more time, I do consider that your devoted work is really awesome  :)

fantozzi

@Chrysler, with all respect, I can't agree to the opinion we are missing neoclassical bats. Neoclassical american bats are totally overrepresented while bauhaus, moorish architecture, russian constructivism, critical regionalism, organic architecture and so many others are more or less completely absent. And while there are batters limited to this north american conservatism and covert monumentalism, so why not asking them? We should praise Matt for taking a walk around the world and through centuries and stiles and always bringing up a surpise like "objets trouvès" from all around the world

Chrysler

@fantozzi, it is just a personal opinion and suggestion and I don't think that your answer was necessary. As I said in my previous post, a simple suggestion isn't a requirement and as bating is a volunteer work, the batter should always work as he sees fit  ;)

fantozzi

Don't get me wrong. In this thread it's only Matt to judge about your suggestions, not me. It's the argument, the justification I doubt. In no way I want you to retain from expressing your preferences. These are nice pictures with nice buildings you posted.

mattb325

Thanks guys  :thumbsup:

From classical to, well, this....

Click to upsize

Here:
https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3809

Another Maccas is about as useful as a third armpit (and similar in scent).... but in Australia, the police are usually provided with McDonalds free of charge (obviously that is dependent on the franchisee) and there was even a case of fraud in the papers a few months ago where a prison officer was charged over impersonating a police officer to obtain free food.... :facepalm:

belfastsocrates

Great lot. Nice to have an updated McD lot to match the new style they use for new restaurants.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Kitsune

oohhh Macca's ! I've lovin it :)
~ NAM Team Member

PaPa-J

Beautiful lots, very realistic as always.  As belfastsocrates said, we need some more updated lots like these for the game.  Thanks Matt.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

c.p.

Can't have too many McDonald's.  Well, actually you can, but this one's a keeper, for sure.

Also, I missed it before, but the NYPD headquarters is really outstanding :thumbsup:

AsimPika3172

Thanks for McD restaurant! How about making Pizza Hutt (new logo), A&W etc... Try it if you can!  :thumbsup:
I loves Sim City forever!