• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compdude787

Here's another A4 parclo interchange I just built. This is the second interchange of this type that I've built in this region.

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

noahclem

Beautifully smooth  &apls  Would look even nicer with the grid off  ;)

compdude787

Quote from: noahclem on November 21, 2015, 05:07:17 PM
Beautifully smooth  &apls  Would look even nicer with the grid off  ;)

Shoot...I forgot about that. :P

But thanks!

My YouTube Channel

dyoungyn

Here is a unique rural interchange I built with NAM32 at which I wanted to only have ONE intersection for the exits.  Unique in this respect.  I am limiting development as any more then I will have to widen the road which will make the interchange HUGE with AVE6.

dyoungyn

eggman121

Very nice everyone  $%Grinno$%

I have dusted off my old region and have retrofitted a Smooth Stack Interchange.

Overview

Closeup

Enjoy! You can see old reminders of the former interchange. The Stack is a bit more space efficient.

-eggman121

compdude787

Nice! But I would suggest using different highway light towers. The ones you are using are way overscaled IMO.

My YouTube Channel

Ralfger

Really great interchanges!
Here is my very first one:

Overview

Closeup with sinage

Gugu3

matias93

Quote from: Ralfger on December 03, 2015, 03:28:16 PM
Really great interchanges!
Here is my very first one:

Overview

Closeup with sinage

Your FIRST interchange??  :o Someone please call Mensa, this guy is a genius!

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Ralfger

@ gugu: Thank you!
@matias93: I really like your exaggeration  :D :D

Here my second one for my recently customised region Windwatt.
It took my more than a couple of "hard" days of trial and error - but I am quite satisfied with the result  ()stsfd()

A trumpet with additional on- and offramps for an avenue heading south into the adjacent tile By the way: Are there RHW puzzle pieces for the canal add-on?

compdude787

The pictures aren't showing up for me; can please fix this so I can see them? Thanks.

My YouTube Channel

Tarkus

I've just fixed the image--it was an issue with the [img] tags.  The start tag was capitalized, and the end tag wasn't, and that caused the image not to appear.  And what an image--nice work, Ralfger! :thumbsup:

Quote from: Ralfger on December 10, 2015, 06:34:59 PM
By the way: Are there RHW puzzle pieces for the canal add-on?

CAN-AM/RHW crosslinks were never made.  At this point, given that there's 34 different RHW networks, and the possibilities of both orthogonal and diagonal setups, static puzzle pieces would not be a viable solution.  If the CAN-AM/RHW crosslinks were to be made, we'd just create a FLEX CAN-AM piece that supported the crossings instead, which would knock out most of the existing CAN-AM pieces.

-Alex

mgb204

One workaround exists for CAN-AM, you can use the Maxis highway override in the NAM and this simulates a RHW L2 crossing. You'll need to grab my MHO Patch Mod to get the correct MHO models in place.

stevyloh

Intersection south side of a major town.

Still trying to find the lvl 1-2 etc. high transitions in the new nam, but I'm afraid they are gone for good  &mmm.

resized pic - Erik GM

compdude787

Quote from: stevyloh on December 13, 2015, 01:19:27 PM

Intersection south side of a major town.

Still trying to find the lvl 1-2 etc. high transitions in the new nam, but I'm afraid they are gone for good  &mmm.
I'm sorry but I can't see your image either!  (But I can now see Ralfger's image)

And the old height transitions have been removed from the menu. You can still install them by doing a custom installation of the NAM, and choosing the Legacy Height transitions or something like that. But I'd recommend using the FlexHeight transitions because they are so much more versatile and their stability has vastly improved since they were introduced in NAM 31. I've used the RHW since March 2014 and I think I've only used the super-steep legacy L0-L2 transition in two places. In both instances, these interchanges have been completely reconstructed.

My YouTube Channel

Tarkus

You can make an L1-to-L2 transition by taking the L0-to-L1 FLEX transition, and plugging an L1 network into the L0 end.  It'll raise the whole transition up a level.  You can do the same thing to create L2-to-L3 and L3-to-L4 transitions.  Additionally, if you stack the start of one L0-to-L1 FLEX height transition at the end of another, they'll merge and create a longer transition.  It's possible to make L0-to-L4 transitions this way.  The only reason we have the L0-to-L2 FLEX transition is for the sake of convenience--it can be generated by stacking two L0-to-L1s like that.

That's the big benefit of FLEX stuff.  That one FLEX piece covers what would take about 40 standard puzzle pieces--an entire menu button's worth.

-Alex

stevyloh

Quote from: Tarkus on December 13, 2015, 06:16:04 PM
You can make an L1-to-L2 transition by taking the L0-to-L1 FLEX transition, and plugging an L1 network into the L0 end.  It'll raise the whole transition up a level.  You can do the same thing to create L2-to-L3 and L3-to-L4 transitions.  Additionally, if you stack the start of one L0-to-L1 FLEX height transition at the end of another, they'll merge and create a longer transition.  It's possible to make L0-to-L4 transitions this way.  The only reason we have the L0-to-L2 FLEX transition is for the sake of convenience--it can be generated by stacking two L0-to-L1s like that.

That's the big benefit of FLEX stuff.  That one FLEX piece covers what would take about 40 standard puzzle pieces--an entire menu button's worth.

-Alex

Thanks didnt try that pretty much the only thing I didnt try haha. Uploaded the pic to another host. The old one went down over night  ???

compdude787

Now that I can see your interchange, stevyloh, I say it's pretty nice!

My YouTube Channel

Haljackey

Pretty simple but still interesting: adding a diamond interchange to an industrial area.

Click pics for full size.

For those wondering, the rail station got moved to a new location north of the curve.

-----

The next project may be to widen this section to 8 lanes (providing one auxiliary lane running from onramp to offramp).

-----

Edit: Mosaic because why not

Ralfger

Nice mosaic!

@Tarkus (Alex): Thanks for fixing the issue with the picture. Concerning the CAN-AM/RHW (still have to get used to the many acronyms) - flexible CAN-AM pieces would be warmly welcome  ::). In the meantime I give a try to mgb204´s tip.
-Ulrich

@mgb204: Thank you for the hint here an in the "show us your highway" section. As it currently is a L1 crossing I am afraid muddling everything up... But I definitively give it a try in one of the other tiles where RHW crosses the canal.

My decision to show up on this forum was not at least due to the cordiality and readiness to help of all of you here on SC4devotion!