• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kolbrow (13.10.2019 - Olsza - a mosaic)

Started by kbieniu7, October 09, 2008, 11:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

Great upodate. I like the S. Klemens Church and the park around it.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

kbieniu7

Still remember me? :P

Willy - Thanks. Yes, you are right. It looks a bit abandoned and it is a bit abandoned. Unfortunately this is the next aspect taken from RL. Last 20 years in Poland were dramatical for railway. Thousands kilometers of railroads closed, decreased rail traffic on most of local lines... ehh...  &mmm
Arthur - Thanks a lot, friend! Accurate remark - I forgot to put smooth curves there!
Hah! And how did you get trough those plans? Successfully? I sympathize with you - polish is very, very hard language :D
kelis - I'm glad hearing that  :) Wielnia also was representation of town near Krakow. Maybe I would try to show something from Kolbrów again ;)
noahclem - Thanks! Unfortunately I found it after the month :(
bat, RickD - Thank you!  :)

This is what I wanted to show you month ago:

Krościeniec  - Dam on Wirta river

Today we are visiting mountainous region again. Krościeniec - where is the water dam on located at a artificial Krościeniec Lake. It was created in years 70, by banking up the water on the Wirta's upper part.

Idyllic landscape, huh?

Want to swim? Unfortunately swimming and recreation is prohibited due to the fact, that the reservoir also supplies Kolbrów in potable water.

And there it is. It has the height of 31m and voivodeship road no 804 on the top.

Some restaurant near the road

... with the view at the dam.

Below the dam

Here you can rest, and swim.

Village of Krościeniec.

Just a trail, to the nearest mountain Żdżar.

Remember the gold autumn? :D

The dam fully visible.

Panorama.

SimCity has a very interesting camera, making the games exceptionally playable. However sometimes is good to think...

...three-dimensionally ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

art128

Very nice update, Kamil!

The are around the dam is top notch and very well made. Farms, villages, river beds, all in all is awesome!  What I really liked is the small village with the diagonal road going through it. We can almost forget the grid on that picture. Gold autumn picture: 10/10, beautiful. Just add some rocks and underwater vegetations where the seawalls hit the river bottom, take the picture again in autumn ( - photoshop some cars on the road - ) and you are sure to get my votes in the picture competition. :)

The last picture is.. interesting, taken with the terraformer it give s a nice view of the area! Looks almost like a real picture, just lacking the details.. :P

About CaD, it was very hard at first to figure which words meant everything. But with the help from Google translate and from guessing which is which with the appliances it was more fun in the end. :P

Take care!
-Arthur. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

RickD

This is one of the best dams I have seen in SC4.  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Ol.S / Benoit

Great work on this update, looks amazing... !
I just think that you should have kept the same water on both sides of the dam, but your work with game water is also really nice so... Anyway, this is good ! :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Skimbo

Great job while MMPing!
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Kergelen

Very nice dam and nature pictures.

I love the river with the sparse small stones :)

Links to SC4 websites

panthersimcity4

Hello, kbieniu7,

Okay, so I'm actually from Simtropolis and I don't even know if I've even commented on any diaries on this site before, but I wanted to say I LOVE your cities. I've spent a lot of times in Poland because I have family there, and it feels like a second home whenever I go there. And your pictures just make me want to go again!  ;) So keep up the good work!

bat

Fantastic work on the lake and the village!! Also beautiful panorama. &apls :thumbsup:

Sciurus

Excellent my friend! &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

noahclem

Awesome update  &apls  Your MMPing style is unique and beautiful! I really like the dam and reservoir as well. Great work  :thumbsup:

mave94

Great terraforming! &apls I like your style. You did a great job and keep it up.

-Matthijs ;)

rooker1

Really great update.
I really like the forested areas, the lake and the shorlines....very well done. 
The damn is perfectly done and I find the it's green style very refreshing.

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

kbieniu7

Hi guys, how are you?
It was a lot of time, when I lately visit my thread. Well, real life in the shape of exams and other stuff at the University took it all. Fortunatelly I passed everything in first term, so I have september free :D

Arthur - Nice to hear it, friend. Thanks for your advices, maybe I will do, what you said, and put it to picture competition ;)
RickD - I'm really positively suprised hearing it. :) Thank you!
Ol.S / Benoit - Thanks! Well, this dam was build in order to make some transition between plopable and in-game water.  ;)
Skimbo, Kergelen, bat, Guillaume - Thanks, friends!
panthersimcity4 - I'm glad to hear it. I do not know if you will read my thread and this reply again, but if so, may I ask where your family lives? :)
noahclem - Well, with each comment like this, I think developing cities, where MMPing is not so much used, will wait more and more ;)
Matthijs - Thank you!
Robin - I was basing on real dam,, so now I'm happy that I chosed the "green" one instead of fully made of concrete ;)

Maybe some photos?  ::)

A2 highway, somewhere in central Galand. It's under construction, as you see. But not for EURO, like maybe during last years :D

Enjoy!

Paul 999

Good to see you back. I always like construction updates. I wonder how the A2 looks like.

art128

Can't wait to see more of that A2 motorway. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Great pictures  &apls I'm really looking forward to how the motorway turns out  :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

Paul, Arthur and noahclem thanks for comments. There is the region view of this motorway. I tried to use as much as possible FAHRW, so it doesn't looks so sharp.
Additionally two photos from city of Patowice. It's visible on the right side of the picture.

Do you know, what I found missing in simcity needed to create more polish ambience?

Cars parked on sidewalks :P

Enjoy!

art128

Ah, nice work with the parked car! it feels more alive now ( not that it wasn't alive before) Really nice.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

Great as always with your polish city my friend. I like so much the region view and the building selection, great job !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||