• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strechnitz

It is a wonderfull dedication to David.
A city full of law firms. I should feel right at home there. ;)
I like the bats you have used. they are very well chosen.
And that Bombero looks mighty tasty! :D

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

Pat

Emilin wonderful simply wonderful stuff here my friend wow.... that port is just wicked...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Badsim

Hi emilin ,

Have also a problem with this wall set .... it looks too bright/poorly textured on farest views and  too modern on the closer ones near this historical looking church particularly !  ::)

That said , everything else is so great ! ( Choice of BATs , and your well known mastery for sea fronts ...)  :thumbsup:

First picture , your overviews are always a must to look at ...

&apls &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

kwakelaar

A nice update, Emilin. I like how the city is situated on the island and the harbour looks very good.

Swesim

Very nice CJ You´ve got here Emilin!
I stumbled upon it last night but didn´t have time to catch up on it until now.
Attans otur det där med Djurgården...  ;D
Although I´m not a big fan of soccer myself it is difficult not to get swept away by all the colleagues here at work.
Still I feel it was a pitty that the gold in the swedish soccerleauge didn´t end up in Stockholm where it belongs...  ;)
Enough said about soccer though, I like Your CJ a lot and now I´m looking forward to read the next update.
Till dess: ha det så bra! (´til then, be well!)
//Fredrik

Ennedi

Hello emilin,

It's a pleasure to visit your MD again!
I love your general views, you should show more of them :D The first and second pictures are my favourite! :thumbsup:
But of course I like mediterranean buildings and the waterfront too :)

I agree with SA about the wall, but I understand you used this one, I think your intention was to use the bright one and it is a good choice.
It really looks a bit unrealistic in some places, maybe my suggestion will help in future:
- If you want to make such wall, leave for it not only one tile, but two tiles wide stripe. The lower one should be more flat and the second one will be steep, to put wall pieces on it. You can put dense bushes on the lower stripe (mediterranean of course  :D), and some trees too. The flora will cover your wall partially and irregularly. In addition, this way you will separate textures wchich don't match, for example the cobblestone stretside and the bright wall.

It's a great MD and I love to look at your islands! :thumbsup:
(I love Baleares, this red ground reminds me of them :))
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Amazing port from the port master!

At a glance, it looks like a rather uncomplicated set up that you've presented, but I can just tell by the amount of detail and how everything is meticulously placed that this port was quite time consuming. But the finished product is well worth it!

And the town with the cathedral--Extraordinary! A wonderful tribute to David, my friend! Keep up the fantastic work!

tkirch

First time posting in here but have been reading along.  This last update was great.  I love the little airfield next to the water it looks great.

tooheys

A great update emilin. Love the township nestled at the base of the hills, but I really enjoyed the first pic. That islandpic , beautiful :thumbsup:

Cheers

Dave

Berethor

Wow, anothe great update. This small city is beautiful.  The landscape of the island is really gorgeous   &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

cameron1991

That is a fantastic update! I love the way you build your towns, every lot fits in perfectly with all the others!  :thumbsup:

clubberdude

Absolutely stunning. Love the hispanic style architecture in the towns.

Really like the crowded feel of the houses in the suburbs, looks very realistic.

emilin

Personal replies:

Shadow Assassin: Thanks! I've been thinking a whole lot about that retaining walls, and I agree about the "flatness". But I think I will keep it anyway. I want the towns and villages of Esmeralda to have a sort of very bright architecture – like small Greek villages. And though it does look a bit strange from some zooms it looks exactly like I want it from the region view. And at this point I prefer that solution over a "greyer" or "greener" look.

rooker1: Thank you so much! I do like making the story behind theses places. But I also have to confess that I make most of it up as I go along. I really admire those people out ther (like dedgren or Shadow Assassin) that have the whole concept thought out before hand. For me it's more about staring at the towns and suddenly I go: "Hey, I wonder why anyone would put a museum there?"  ;D

bat: Thanks a bunch! I'm sure you will like the next update too. ;D

Yoman : Thank you! Those are actually the new japanese walls though, hehe... As I responded to SA: I agree about them looking a bit out-of-place, but I will keep them for other reasons.

ManuelR: Thank you! And yes, they are probably too white but as I said in earlier response, I still prefer them in this case over other options. I think I have overused some of the other walls available in some of my earlier updates – and I do want to get a unique look for each of the islands.

Schulmanator: Thank you so much! I am deeply sorry for not commenting enough in your marvelous journals here and over at ST. I do lurk though, and I enjoy it immensely.

figui : Thank you and it's nice to see you back on such regular visits.

Strechnitz: Thank you! The Bombero is quite strong and distilled from Eucalyptus so you might need some time to get accustomed to the taste. ;D

Pat: Thank you so much!

Badsim: Thank you! And you are of course right about the walls, but as I stated in earlier responses I will leave them as is, mainly because of lack of alternative white walls – and I really want this town to look bright.

kwakelaar: Thank you, as always!

Swesim: A fellow countryman, how nice! A pity about your preferences in soccer though. I think you might get that title back... in about 6-7 years or so. :satisfied:

Ennedi: Thanks! That is an excellent idea on how to manage this wall set, actually. I will try it as soon as I can get the chance too.

thundercrack83: Thank you! It did take some time, yes. But that is the way I enjoy playing this game these days – I use it more like a miniature railset than a computer game. And the details are what makes it fun.

tkirch: Thank you and welcome to Islas Gemas. I actually found that little airport by coincidence. It is part of the Costa del Sol waterfront set, and is quite old, I think. Still one of the best sets ever BATted for this type of environment.

tooheys: Thank you for those kind words!

Berethor: Thank you! It is a lovely little island indeed, but all credit for terraforming the map goes to Heblem as usual.

cameron1991: Thank you!

clubberdude: Thank you! It's good to know that the suburbs look realistic, because I usually find it rather boring to develop them, so I really have no idea as to how the should look. Seems I got at least part of it right then. ;D

País Palo - the town of Lobo and some villages

Today we are returning to the island of Zafíro - more specifically to the nothern peninsula known as País Palo, or "bat country" in English. This part of Zafíro is not centred around tourism like the rest of island - it consists of smaller towns and villages scattered around the peninsula. The environment is moist and green, unlike the dry warmth of southern Zafíro.

This update will feature the biggest town of País Palo - called Lobo and two small villages. The areas are marked out on the initial region shot picture.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Yoman

I'm beginning to think that the people of Sc4D are insane. How could no one have commented on this fantastic update?

I like the variety of building styles that you provide in this MD. They all fit perfectly. The small details make all your pictures worthwhile to scrutinize. Like the walls around the village, in my brain it shows a story of a village defending itself against raiders with these small walls. Nothing big, but just enough.

As always I look forward to future updates  :thumbsup:

figui

what a magnificent mediterranean look that Lobo has &apls
the walls near the waterfront are a great  :thumbsup:

and the houses through the road are also great, very realistic :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Shadow Assassin

QuoteI'm beginning to think that the people of Sc4D are insane

They are. :P

That includes me, by the way.

Nice work! I like the place... bat country, eh?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Strechnitz

QuoteI'm beginning to think that the people of Sc4D are insane.

What gave us away? :o

Great update here :thumbsup: I love the mediteranean or should I say colonial caribean feel of Lobo!

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

bat

Wonderful work on País Palo there! And that port is looking fantastic, too! Also nice rural area and mediterranean village! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more...

emilin

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on December 09, 2007, 11:02:49 PM
bat country, eh?

-We can't stop here. This is bat country. ;D

By the way: I have now updated the Islas Gemas dictionary to include all the new places. Browse through it if you want more indepth information about the islands.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Schulmanator

Very scenic!
Great town and countryside.  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0