• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoman

Got to run right now but all I can say is WOW, and I'm very lazy also :P

Oh and WELCOME TO PAGE 20

hogs29

Wow! Exceptional work! &apls
Everything looks perfect!
T.J.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

iamgoingtoeatyou

after looking at that update, i got a bit teary-eyed. that is just amazing, i am really speechless. i've never seen something so detailed, precise, beautiful, and LONG ever...it truly shows how far people can stretch simcity 4! every single tile is just wicked and i like it all. GREAT JOB!  &apls &apls &apls

bat

Beautiful mosaics at night! Excellent work! :thumbsup:

Air6

Incredible !!! You amaze me to each update. It's so realistic... I like it :thumbsup:

rooker1

Awesome!  I don't think I have have ever seen a mosaic that long before.  Great work.  And I mean it when I say everything is pieced together perfectly.  This is one MD I definenatley like alot.  If there were yearly, monthly awards (or something like that) handed out at this site, I'm sure you would take home a few. &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Kokopelli

outstanding!! I really like those little bright colored Mexican houses.

Berethor

Really, really wonderful mosaic. It's truly amazing, the latinamerican suburbs looks very good at night, and the downtown it's very beautiful. The whole city is a piece of art.

Bravo!!   &apls    :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

urban

That is one of the best latin-American styles CJ I  have ever seen, the suburb is well done :)

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

emilin

The "special interest month" is coming to an end, and I just wanted to say thanks to David for letting me stand out here in the spotlight for a while, and of course to everyone who read and commented (personal replies coming with the next update as usual) and I just noticed that this journal has now been view more than 4.000 times (more than I ever expected when I started it) and that the comments are closing in on 400.

I normally don't like to think so much about comments and views, since it can also be stressful and I want to play the game for myself, first and foremost, but I have to admit that all this response is very stimulating. I find myself spending more time fixing the small details than I had planned, taking just a few more snapshots for each update, etc. etc. And above all: having more fun! I don't think that the creators of SC4 ever intended it to be an online game, but to me it's THE online game.

I need to stop babbling now, but coming next are the hotel and tourist resorts on Zafiro, with loooooooooong beaches, more small rural towns and winding road, and the international airport. Starting next week...

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Zaphod

Awesome, I dont know why I havent come by here much

I love the colors, and the bats you don't see often.

question, what is that building with the neon sign in the top of this image:

link to picture
War Kittens !?

emilin

Quote from: Zaphod on May 31, 2007, 06:59:11 PM
Awesome, I dont know why I havent come by here much

I love the colors, and the bats you don't see often.

question, what is that building with the neon sign in the top of this image:

link to picture

Sorry to say I haven't been able to relocate it, but the Lot Editor calls it "Tapas Grande" so I guess it belongs to some sort of hispanic commercial series.

BlackwaterEmil's inn

Badsim

Firstly , emilin , I hope you had a happy B-Day yesterday .... :P

These night mosaics are breathtaking .  &apls

Quote from: jeronij on May 28, 2007, 01:09:43 PM

I can see you have some really old lots in you plugins folder  ;)

So do I .... In fact , it's the first time I can notice  the "Clandestine Nightclub" in any CJ/MD .... I remember to have thought "brilliant idea" when it came out . And it's with that Lot that I learned how to add nighclub sound to some of my Lots . &idea

I'm still loving NOB's props for seaport too . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Buddhah

I've been reviewing your CJ entirely from page 1 and I have to admit that this is one of the best I've ever seen !! Very impressive, very creative. You deserve all the honors you've got.

flame1396

Where did you get the map you used? It rocks and since I lost all of my regions I'm in the market for an island map
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Fledder200

those colored houses and modern houses RULE big time!!!
i remember i had them once...maybe i can download them again...they sure look pretty awsome!!
that park with the wall around it is a real beauty and that mosaic is finger licking good!!!

great pics...i'm loving it!!  &apls
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

sebes

Amazing! Great update again Emilin.

&dance

Santiago by night realy rocks! The fantastic colors make the city look like a very joyfull place.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Shadow Assassin

Oh... my... God.

It's just... full of life, very vibrant. I can see it as an excellent holiday destination.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

kwakelaar

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on June 09, 2007, 07:34:57 PM
It's just... full of life, very vibrant. I can see it as an excellent holiday destination.
Yes, I wanna go there too.

Excellent update Emilin, the city is looking wonderful at night. Also the new lots from LBTcome out very nice in these nightshots.
Waiting for those holiday resorts and beaches :)

emilin

Personal replies:

Snaper: Hehe... thanks so much. You are making me blush.

jeronij: Thank you! And yes I do have a rather weird collection of stuff in my plugins folder. I sometimes like to use older stuff because they aren't seen in so many other journals. Sometimes I just like the BAT:s.

HabLeUrG: Thank you for those suburbs, and for a very nice comment.

Yoman: Thank you! Nothing wrong with being lazy, now is there. ;D

hogs29: Thanks a lot, and hope to see you soon again.

iamgoingtoeatyou: Thank you so much. That's about the nicest thing I ever heard.

bat: Thanks so much, bat!

Air6: Thanks. I have a feeling you will be less impressed with the airport, hehe... maybe you have some suggestions? ;D

rooker1: Thank you. I'm glad you noticed the length too. It took a while to compile the first one.

Kokopelli: Thanks! Those are lovely houses. Hopefully to be released soon by the LBT team too?

Berethor: Thank you! Your team is doing amazing work.

urban: Thanks a lot.

Zaphod: Already answered that, but of course: thank you for commenting!

Badsim: Thanks! I didn't have much of a birthday celebration actually. It's the last weeks of work before the holidays over here and I have tonnes of stuff to do. Glad you noticed the nightclub, by the way! I really think that is a brilliant old lot with a very simple concept.

Buddhah: Thank you so much!

flame1396: The map was made by HabLeUrG of NHP and is available for download over at Simtropolis as "Fantasy Canary Islands".

Fledder200: Thank you, Fledder! I don't think I ever heard the expression "finger licking good" before, hehe... :D

sebes: Thank you very much!

Shadow Assassin: Thank you so much! Now that the airport is ready it's just to book a flight.

kwakelaar: Thanks! And the resorts will be coming up in a little while, but not just yet.

Aeropuerto Internacional de Zafíro

First of all, sorry for the delay in updates. I have had a lot of development done, but I haven't really been able to compile the pictures into proper updates before now.

Before we get to the resort towns I have a few other things to show. First out is the only decently sized international airport on Islas Gemas (there will probably be a smaller airport on Rubí later, and some airstrips for domestic flights on some of the smaller islands): The Zafíro International - ZIN.

Airports isn't really my cup of tea, so I've built it largely from the directions given in the RMIP readme file. Any suggestions as to how I can increase the realism are very welcome.

ZIN is a medium sized international airport with two runways, the longest is +3000 meters, and the other one slightly shorter. It handles most sizes of airplanes and has two terminals. There are two older gates connected directly to one of the terminals, but most of the passengers are bussed out to the aircrafts.

On to the pictures (nightshots are completly unedited, mind you):

BlackwaterEmil's inn