• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Med Inspirations #52 - Kinbasket Old Mine (2) - April 15

Started by Ol.S / Benoit, May 15, 2011, 01:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Fantastic picture!!
I love the raised plaza that the buildings are on.....it really gives the illusion that the avenues are sunken.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

sim_link

I agree with rooker! That raised plazas looks awesome - love how it creates the sunken avenue effect. :)

noahclem

Awesome work with the sunken TIA trick  &apls  Really inspiring city center  :thumbsup:

art128

The sunken avenue really makes the district look like it was built in the 60' - 70' over a dale, like front de Seine in Paris or laDefense. ;)

It's really nicely ma-

>Tour Montparnasse and Eindhoven buildings

Okay, now I'm really going to look forward to the full update.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

nbvc

Kergelen

Amazing work with the sunken tram-in-avenue. Great lotting and selection of buildings &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Swordmaster

Wow, stunning railyard. Looks very realistic indeed.

And that teaser is as good as any. Fantastic sunken avenue there.

Cheers
Willy

nas-t

ThomasK

I really had to double-take with that image. There's so much going on, and that tram-in-avenue combined with the raised parks is ingenious. I can't wait for more!

RickD

I didn't even realize that it is a raised park and not a sunken avenue.  ::) Anyway, it looks great.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Terring7

Wait, I'm confused. It's a sunken avenue or a raised park? Anyway, the concept is very futuristic :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

art128

Quote from: Terring7 on August 30, 2012, 11:30:48 AM
Wait, I'm confused. It's a sunken avenue or a raised park? Anyway, the concept is very futuristic :thumbsup:

The avenue is 8m below the building's ground. He also used lots with custom foundations to make it looks like more real.

The concept is not futuristic at all. It started to be made a lot after the WWII.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Quote from: art128 on August 30, 2012, 11:56:40 AM
Quote from: Terring7 on August 30, 2012, 11:30:48 AM

The avenue is 8m below the building's ground. He also used lots with custom foundations to make it looks like more real.

Little nit picking here but it looks like the walls are made with props, not custom lot foundations. The result is still stunning though!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

supremec

Good work on lotting!  &apls  &apls
As always, your city look like a real city  :D
Click on the banner to see my BATs

Huston_N7

You must spend hours on lotting cause it just looks superb! Plus the placement of the buildings seem so carefully planned, it just makes everything look amazing!  :thumbsup:
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

Ol.S / Benoit

Replies

Robin : Thanks ! :)
sim_link : Thank you !
noahclem : Thanks ! :)
Arthur : Thanks, inspired by La Defense indeed ! :) (Avenue is 10m below to match the tram tunnel, and "seewalls" over the fundations, but you got it  ;) )
nbvc : Thanks ! Never give up :)
Kergelen : Thanks.
Willy : Thanks a lot ! :)
nas-t : Thanks you ! :)
Thomas : Thanks ! :)
Raphael : Yep, that's a little trick ! Thanks.
Elias : Raised park. Classic tram is used on ground here. Thank you.
vortext : indeed, "seawall" props. Thank you ! :)
supremec : Thanks a lot ! :)
Republic : That's for sure, I spend more time on the LE than in the game ! :) Thanks !

Some of you might have noticed it, I add a tutorial in my signature "tips & tricks for LE", but it's in french. For example, I explain how to do that kine of tricks that you saw in the commercial district with the "sunken avenue", and more, 11 tips & tricks so far. If some of you are interested, I could consider to translate it and post it here on Devotion, up to you, just tell me ! :)

Update 42 - French Riviera - Saint Tropez

Here is the first update concerning the French Riviera.
This is not a reproduction of Saint Tropez, but inspired by the town.
Next update probably about the "Tour de france in the Med Alps"
Hope you'll like it ;)

Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

nbvc

Fantastic work. &apls Nice work with the marinas. I'm also thinking of making some marinas with smaller boats. Maybe also some diagonals. The details underwater and on the streets are also great. :thumbsup:

art128

Incredible, really incredible!

Though, not sure if it's the water effect you used or the tone you used, but it make your pictures looks like it is a rainy day.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

You do such an amazing job with your marinas, quais, and boat areas in general  &apls &apls  The layout of the city itself is also really great and the photoshoping is spot-on as usual. What are all those boat props you use? I haven't been over to your lotting thread in a while but are you considering sharing any of these docks? Everything's fantastic  :o

vortext

Really, really nice.  &apls

The seafloor looks great, as does the city itself of course.  :thumbsup:

Also curious about two BATs; first of all the rundown tower and secondly the building next to it. Not the ones from Namspopof but the house with the short, diagonal segment. I haven't seen those before and needless to say, would like to get my hands on them.  ;D

Once again, great update. Though the entire atmosphere does make me want to go on vacation but alas, that won't happen anytime soon. ()sad()
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana