• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Med Inspirations #52 - Kinbasket Old Mine (2) - April 15

Started by Ol.S / Benoit, May 15, 2011, 01:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chester

I'm not sure where to start. Pics 10 & 11, i can't get enough of those beach shots. so much detail, i will be looking at these over and over again before i create any beaches in the future to get inspiration. pic 13 that winding road, nest to the lake, perfect!

ricardomiranda

Another major upgrade Benoit, I like the first option of the transparent sea. I also like the road with her ​​curves!

bat

Your updates are always great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Beautiful new pictures!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kergelen

Very impressive as always!

I was waiting for this closer views. I see a lot of details and work. Great MMP job in general ( underwater, near the road, nice combination between field, aubrac walls and flora,...). Also nice small creek in the village and nice lotting in the seaport. And the small lake it's very pleasant

&apls &apls &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Yan077

art128

Geez, man that's excellent! The landscape is really breathtaking.

I like how the street circles though the peninsula to get around the fields.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

All the pictures are awesome, but that tenth picture is breath taking.  I love all the different levels....the bridge, the roads and that river, all very well done.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Dantes

All the pictures look great.  &apls I love the atmosphere of sun and wine. The Mediterranean banished the winter on the computer from my apartment.  :satisfied:

Ol.S / Benoit

Replies

noahclem, chester, ricardomiranda, bat, Kergelen, Yann (Yan077), Arthur (art128), Robin (rooker1), Dantes; Thanks a lot for your comments ! :)

Teaser - Amazraou

Before I start on the new region, I want to show you something really different I'm working on right now ! This is also a good opportunity to change the name of my MD to "Med Inspirations" which will fit better with what's comming next :) "Spain Insipirations" was a bit absolete.

Here is Amazraou, a city inspired by what I have seen in north Africa, especially the Atlas mountains in Morocco. Also, it's been a long time I want to use Debussyman's work. Thanks Marsh for the amazing terrain MOD !

Hope you like the result. More coming soon !

If you have a large screen, I recommand you to click on the picture to see it in HD !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

bat

This is an awesome image!!! :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the new region... ;)

vester

noahclem

Great new teaser pic and I'm very excited to see how the new region develops! "Spain Inspirations" had a pretty amazing run and it will be missed. I'll be paying close attention  :thumbsup:

Dantes

Fantastic teaser.  :thumbsup: I like the small town, with its gentle curves and colors.  &apls

Badsim

Hi Benoit ,  :)

I don't know what to say , I've been mainly highly impressed by your breathtaking Encerrado ...

(Finally Yann is a simple mortal and his work can be competed !  $%#Ninj2 :D $%Grinno$% )

I just wonder how it would look with SFBT's vineyard instead of orange & lemon orchards . I noticed too that you don't respect the calendar to plant your Populus ... on some views , their automnal/winter livery is quite synchronized with visible oranges , which are winter fruits , but at the same time we can see green deciduous trees ... well , this is really a small detail .

Amazraou's first picture is amazing too , I'm presuming that  in your mind , this river is a seasonal one ; a wadi ... the logical would have expected some cultivations around or some date palms at least . However , a Moroccan theme for a while among your mediterraneans inspirations is a wonderful idea !

&apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

apeguy

Best desert town I've ever seen. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more. :)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Ol.S / Benoit

Replies

bat, vester, Dantes, Alex (apeguy); thanks for your comments ! :)

noahclem : Thanks ! :) "Spain Inspiration" style will not disapear, I'm just starting a new region but with the same plugins folder. Amazraou is a side project :) All of that is now called "Med Inspirations"  ;)

Cédric (Badsim) : Thanks :)
About Encerrado : I used SFBT's vineyard for Presuntuoso, and just wanted to try something else with Encerrado... Maybe it could be better with the vineyard but the good thing about orange & lemon LOTs here is that they have a transparent base for diagonals. Also, you are 100% right about seasonal flora, I was just lazy and didn't pay enaugh attention to that. (Probably because i'm an ignorant guy from Paris !)

About Amazraou : I wish I could have some cultivations around... But it was quite hard to have a nice & realistic greeny apsect on both sides of the river... MMP can't do that, a terrain MOD probably can. Anyway I decided to let the river like that as I have seen some seasonal ones with a big flow during a few weeks/year, without riverbed flora. Then, I realised that Jeronij ploppable water does not looks good without rocks/flora arround it... you need a lot of them, which meens to much for a desert area like this. A dry river could have been better... Don't forget, this is just a first attempt !

It gaves me an idea, next time I'll use game water with a greeny beach mod combined with the beach extension mod, this could be nice.

Update 27 - Amazraou

Here is the update concerning Amazraou. Don't forget that this is my first attempt ! I know about some of the incoherences. As I told you before, this is inpired by what I have seen in Morocco.

2 - Mosaic

Terrain Mod is from Marsh : http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=12294.msg388785#msg388785
Rock Mod is from Marsh : http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/26559-sphinx-rock-mod/
Buildings as props are from DEBUSSYMAN
Flora is from Heblem, VIP Team & Girafe

Hope you liked it, your time !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Dantes

Wow, every image is a masterpiece. You bring a lot of really pure realism, even the power lines have cable. I like the small market very well and all the colorful houses.  &apls  &apls  &apls

art128

Another wonderful town you've developed there, Benoit! It seems you can master very well the different city building styles from all around the Mediterranean sea!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

It's hard to believe this is your first time creating this type of a town Benoit! Really a beautiful job!  &apls &apls  I think #s 3 & 12 are my favorites.

Also really interesting idea with using the game water, a green beach mod, and a beach mod extender to make a desert city. As a big fan of maximizing use of game water I'd love to see the results!

Kergelen

Amazraou is looking very good!

I like the electric substation and water tower essential in this climate. &apls &apls

Links to SC4 websites