• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Siilijoki

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomas Neto

Wow...!!! Great update, really awesome!!! Fantastic night shot mosaic, my friend!!!   &apls &apls

rooker1

When I moved your MD here this morning I forgot to congratulate you on making it into The Best Sellers section.  While in OSITM you managed to get 46 replies, awesome job and it was a fun month following your MD!

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Thanks a lot Robin! I'm really glad you enjoyed my work this month. It was an honor to be selected for OSITM so soon and I did my best to rise to the occasion (though I apologize for my updates being a bit concentrated toward the end of the month).

While I'm writing I'll give a quick update on my plans for Siilijoki. Now that the community isn't "specially interested" I will have a bit more time to pursue other SC4 aspects, especially including NAM development, some of which may be showcased here. I also expect lot-editing and other more technical parts of the game to play an increased role. I can very happily say that my experience from creating an MD on SC4D has dramatically improved (in my own opinion) my ability at the game and more importantly my enjoyment of the game. Thanks again to the OSITM committee and everyone who's taken the time to visit or comment on Siilijoki!  :thumbsup:

EDIT: BTW, there's a ton of content from the last week if anyone who's missed it is curious  ;D

Evillions8

I just discovered this CJ and and can I say is awesome work!  How did you get that elevated MAVE-5 in picture 6.0?  ()what() 

Tomas Neto

Yeahhh my friend!!! Welcome to the Best Sellers section!!!   &apls &apls

rooker1

Hey Noah don't sell yourself short here.  You keep making updates the way you have been recently and I'm sure your Md will be of "Special Interest" to everyone all the time.  ;)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

penguin007

Great updates your railways and GLR look really good and sorry I have missed them aswell

Will

kwakelaar

Wow, you have been busy. It has been great to look through all the updates you did during your time in the OSITM.

nbvc

Nice updates with some great mosaics. &apls &apls

noahclem

Siilijoki Update VIII

Hello everyone! Just wanted to share a quick birthday update featuring a few pics I've taken playing around with Kodlovog's Uniform Street Lighting Mod. If you haven't tried it yet you should. He has put in a tremendous amount of work and really created a game-changing product. These pictures are all taken with the white version of his lights and Simfox's dark night mod.

Replies:

cubby420 - Thank you very much Andrew!
Tomas Neto - Thanks so much for the kind words and welcome to Best Sellers! I'm glad you enjoyed the update again and congratulations on your OSITM for March!
rooker1 - Thanks again Robin! I've been very happy with the amount of "interest" people have taken in Siilijoki and look forward to that continuing! Always a pleasure to read your comments here!
Evillions8 - Welcome to Siilijoki! The "elevated MAVE-5" is actually the new NAM avenue viaducts under development.
penguin007 - Glad you liked the rails and GLR Will!
kwakelaar - Thank you very much I'm glad you enjoyed my OSITM!
nbvc - Thanks, glad you liked it!

A view of the waterfront at Palosaari Park at night

The area of the previous picture is bottom-center of this one, which is zoomed out and rotated 180 degrees

A rare glance of Siilijoki at the closest zoom level

You may recognize this one from the same area, Pohjanmaa Central Station, from its unsuccessful entry in the SC4D picture competition

Part of the main commercial district of West Pohjanmaa

The southern section of West Pohjanmaa's waterfront:

Not quite the effect I was hoping for with this area. I think it's time for a bit of re-lotting...

And a mini-mosaic to top things off

Thanks for viewing!  ;D

Framly

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Tarkus

First off, happy birthday--hope you've had a great day! :thumbsup:  I've just caught myself up with the latest updates, and what you've accomplished here is just stunning.  I always appreciate the creativity behind your transit network layouts here, and you're even giving me ideas on that front.  The city itself really has an interesting mix of more traditional Euro-type buildings with some more modern architecture, and your parks are quite stunning here as well.  From what I've seen of Finland on Google StreetView, I'd say you've managed to capture that feel here quite well.

-Alex

canyonjumper

Very cool Noah! I see you've got the uniform lighting mod up ;D I like the use of the 10m underpasses in update 7. Oh, and happy birthday! Hope it's a good one!

Your friend,
                                Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

kodlovag

I like this update, nice night images.
And happy birthday, Noah!
Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tomas Neto

Wow my friend...!!! Fantastic night shots!!! Awesome!!!  &apls &apls

Battlecat

Beautiful job on this update!  Happy Birthday (for yesterday of course)!

peter007

Little late but happy birthday.

And you made a very nice update.

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Reikhardt

Your mastery of transport is excellent! You make such good use of the NAM and other transport mods, fantastic to see!