Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat

Author Topic: BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT  (Read 280213 times)

Offline BartonThinks

Re: BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT
« Reply #1460 on: September 02, 2020, 09:42:50 AM »
The tractors look excellent! Also, for whatever it's worth, I've already started lotting with your (seasonal) alders. The overall shape of the foliage is a great contrast with your other deciduous trees (the walnuts are the closest tree I can think of to their overall shape, but I have an easier time fitting the alders onto lots).

Offline Badsim

• Le Diable est dans les détails .
  • VIP Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL: Not that bad !!!   $%Grinno$%
« Reply #1461 on: September 02, 2020, 10:21:17 AM »

I continued to extend my tractor props collection, few extra and I will be able to time them for seasonal fields

Hi Antoine,

That collection of rural props is fabulous,  &apls &apls &apls ... and, yep, I’ve spotted a grape harvester !  :bnn:

Timed props are a good point but I can also Mod an MMP  with them ASAP (Send them to our Dropbox when the set will be complte  ;) ) so you could add it to their upload.  :)

While you're on this kind of rural props, maybe could you  release a decent irrigation prop to upgrade Maxis'one ?

... just saying...  ;D

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Offline manga rivotra

« Reply #1462 on: September 02, 2020, 03:21:00 PM »
I will have to urgently think about finding space to expand my fields in my city-tiles. Superb job as always!  :thumbsup:
And, to my taste, the new color of your Grand Firs is perfect: it seems quite in tune with the generally "softer" light of latitudes far from the Equator.  &apls &apls &apls
I agree that NAM has been driving innovation for Sim City from the start, but I also believe your Flora is at least as important to a lot of players including me. I don't think I could have continued playing the game for so long without the happiness of being able to place your trees on lots, or as MMPs. Seeing what others are doing with your Flora is also very satisfying and always inspiring.
Your work and that of the VIP team is really essential, and I think it deserves to be said more often.  :thumbsup:

Offline Girafe

• Grand master
  • Administrator
  • Forums Guru
  • Ƒℓ⃝яaℓer™
  • CL:
    Mother Nature's Son
« Reply #1463 on: September 11, 2020, 08:00:36 AM »
Thanks for the likes and comments   :)

@Cedric, yes there is a grape harvester  :P I know you like this kind of props. They are all in the dropbox (some are timed, some not). I included 2 irrigation props (32m and 48m large). They are not amazing but you can surely make use of them for the time being.

@manga rivotra, thanks for this warm comment and recognition  :) :)

Nothing much these past few days, I am finalizing some cereal LOTs with timed props:

Wheat:

Rapeseed:

I developed as well corn, but they are not yet timed and LOTed (moreover some tractors need to be changed like the harvester  &Thk/()

I tried to convert these LOTs (which are so far only park ploppable) into (additional) growable farm field but without luck. If someone has some knowledge about that, it would be welcome. Replacement growable farm field could be considered but it requires to edit some exemplars directly in Simcity1.dat which is tricky.

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Offline Andreas

• Administrator
  • Forums Legend
    • SimCityPlaza
  • CL: ()bobby() Transit Controller
« Reply #1464 on: September 11, 2020, 09:51:29 AM »
Those farming props and the new farm fields look excellent alright! :) It's been years since I did some modding in that regard when I published the SFBT vineyards, but what I remember is that the growable farm fields depend on some farm building lot that has set the field lot ID(s) in the Exemplar file. It is not really necessary that the farm building lot has an actual building, you can design it just like the farm field lots themselves. Feel free to take a look at the SFBT vineyards, and try a Maxis farm blocker in an otherwise empty plugins folder with your farm lots, then those should grow exclusively.

Offline BartonThinks

« Reply #1465 on: September 11, 2020, 02:55:09 PM »
I'd be happy to help with modding the fields -- I've done a few for personal use -- but as Andreas mentioned, the big stumbling block is assigning the fields to farms so that they will grow. There are three basic solutions that I can think up off the top of my head:

1. Create a set of custom farm lots and building exemplars that are tailored to go with the fields.
2. Find an existing set of custom farm buildings/lots and create override exemplars so that they use your crops.
3. Create override exemplars for Maxis farms so that your fields grow on Maxis farms.

Again, more than happy to help with the creation of any exemplars you need.

On the chance that you want to go with option 1 but don't have the time to create custom lots yourself. I'd also be more than happy to create some custom lots using existing props/buildings (e.g., Manchou's or Fantozzi's farm props for European-style farms, or JMyers's farm props for North American style lots).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 07:44:20 PM by BartonThinks »

Offline Girafe

• Grand master
  • Administrator
  • Forums Guru
  • Ƒℓ⃝яaℓer™
  • CL:
    Mother Nature's Son
« Reply #1466 on: September 13, 2020, 09:12:46 AM »
@ Andreas, thanks a lot for pointing me to the right direction. I, somehow and stupidly, did not see this property that assign field(s) to farms.
Reviewing the SFBT vineyard helped me a lot.

I managed to turn wheat and rapeseed into field and farm and I decided to go with the same LOT for below reasons:

@BartonThinks, thanks for your message
1. Create a set of custom farm lots and building exemplars that are tailored to go with the fields.
In absence of farm buildings in my collection, I would go for "plain" field without farm without visible building. If you or someone else would like to develop a new set farm pointing to my fields, feel free /
2. Find an existing set of custom farm buildings/lots and create override exemplars so that they use your crops.
I am not well aware of all existing farm buildings available for the game, but from the ones I know, nothing really convinced me mainly due to their aesthetic.
3. Create override exemplars for Maxis farms so that your fields grow on Maxis farms.
Unfortunately, I did not manage to make my fields (or SFBT vineyard) grow by editing field lot properties of SC4 farms  &mmm

I spent a lot of time to understand that the field LOT had to be ploppable and not growable to avoid maxis farms to grow or enlarge to my fields but finally wheat and rapeseed are here:

I tried to figure out this texture issue (it is one of the maxis base texture for fields but somehow it's color varied between farm and field)  &Thk/(

Corn field might follow,

« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 01:04:04 PM by Girafe »
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Offline BartonThinks

« Reply #1467 on: September 14, 2020, 01:44:06 AM »
Having them grow as simple fields without farm buildings is a perfect solution. Wish I'd been smart enough to suggest it.  :)

Looking forward to having those corn fields available!

Offline mgb204

« Reply #1468 on: September 14, 2020, 01:59:41 PM »
I tried to figure out this texture issue (it is one of the maxis base texture for fields but somehow it's color varied between farm and field)  &Thk/

Are you using a Maxis texture which includes a Texture Family? In such cases each tile gets a randomised texture from the group of textures sharing an ID.