Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat

Author Topic: Can the cleanitol program be pointed to a different drive or path?  (Read 4512 times)

Offline scottott999

Is there anyway to point the cleanitol program to a different drive?  I believe the program is hardcoded to use the path C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins folder

I need to point the program to the path below if possible.

F:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins folder

I have a small C: drive that I use just for my operating system and Antivirus program and unfortunately its not big enough to store my plugins folder.

Offline BarbyW

• Administrator
  • Forums Legend
  • CL: SC4D  Goddess
Re: Can the cleanitol program be pointed to a different drive or path?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 02:23:27 AM »
Cleanitol actually looks only for files in the MyDocs\SimCity 4\Plugins folder. It does not look for files in C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins folder.

I suggest that you read xxdita's entertaining guide to using it. This is pinned at the top of the forum.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Offline doorknob60

Re: Can the cleanitol program be pointed to a different drive or path?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 03:52:43 AM »
I need this too. I keep all my SimCity stuff on H:\austin\SimCity 4 instead of in My Documents, since H is my Linux home directory and it's where I keep all my important stuff (it's the partition I don't format or anything, I can mess around with the other partitions all I want). In SimCity I just use the -UserDir: command switch, but I can't do that with Cleanitol. No, I'm not moving it to My Documents, don't ask me to.
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)