Menu

LEX File Exchange EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia Network Addon Mod
Dependencies Chat

Author Topic: Canal Addon Mod (CAN-AM)  (Read 139775 times)

Offline dazontheweb

• Forums Inhabitant
  • A PC gamer
Re: Canal Addon Mod (CAN-AM)
« Reply #320 on: March 02, 2014, 10:15:41 AM »
Hi all,

I'm a new member here and was wondering if someone could offer me some advice please? I'm currently in the process of designing a new city and appear to be having problems with seeing any boats appear on the canal I've designed.

I'm using the canal mod from NAM and some of SimGobbers stations etc, but I'm seeing no canal boats at it. What am I doing wrong? Is there a mod I'm missing? Is the layout incorrect?

Would someone be able to offer me some advice please?

Thank you

Offline CahosRahneVeloza

• Forums Mayor
  • Building the City of my Dreams
« Reply #321 on: October 03, 2014, 06:30:20 AM »
I know CAN-Am has been placed in the back burner indefinitely, but here's hoping this project would be picked up on by the NAM Team again in the near future.

@dazontheweb: I'm guessing the old CAN-Am stations are also affected by the newer increased capacity limits imposed upon the game by NAM 32 and needs SLURPing by the NAM MTA Team as well, just like with most other older stations (including ones for rail) out there on the net. I'm no expert on this, just basing my presumption on what I've read regarding Station capacities on NAM 32's readme files as well as the comments of NAM Team members (most notably Z) regarding the matter.

Online mgb204

• NAM Team
  • Forums Guru
  • CL:
    Solved!!
« Reply #322 on: October 03, 2014, 07:44:16 AM »
Perhaps they need to be updated, but I shouldn't think that's the problem here.

Firstly you need to make sure that you've built the network correctly, then it is important that the stops need to take sims to/from where they need to go, given that CAN-AM is essentially a bus route (to the simulator) I'd imagine most of your sims are using the rail/el-rail networks as they provide a faster method of getting where they are going right now.

If you setup CAN-AM routes in a place no other/faster transport networks cover (for example from a residential estate to a train station) then it would be utilised. Getting the boats (automata) to appear is going to be another problem you're likely to encounter, there is no simple solution to that though.

Offline matias93

• Forums Governor
« Reply #323 on: October 03, 2014, 07:17:57 PM »
Hi all,

I'm a new member here and was wondering if someone could offer me some advice please? I'm currently in the process of designing a new city and appear to be having problems with seeing any boats appear on the canal I've designed.

I'm using the canal mod from NAM and some of SimGobbers stations etc, but I'm seeing no canal boats at it. What am I doing wrong? Is there a mod I'm missing? Is the layout incorrect?

Would someone be able to offer me some advice please?

Thank you

Your problem in this case is that your residencial zone is 'overconnected', so commuters 'dissolve' in many different networks (roads, BTMs, canals, etc).

Besides, your stations are isolated from the residencial zoning by the BTM line: in the image, I don't see any place to cross and reach the station, so the 'rational' option for your commuters is to take the train (which is, itself, faster than the canals, and is nearer to the houses too).

My suggestion is to select ONE network to connect that sparsely populated area to the downtown: BTM OR canals, OR superficial transit. This doesn't implies that you have to remove the BTM line or the canal, but only the stations.

Good luck!

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Offline whatnameshouldi

• Forums Inhabitant
« Reply #324 on: February 17, 2015, 01:25:15 AM »
It has been a really long time since I last used CAN-AM and I completely forgot how to set up a functional transit-enabled canal. I do remeber something about dragging one way roads but I don't remember when nor how (or which pieces to use, and if there was need for the system to be 3 or 2 tiles of width). I googled but could find no tutorials (all are gone or incomplete).

I would appreciate any help on this, either a link to a tutorial or a quick walkthrough.
Thank you!

Offline NCGAIO

• Forums Governor
« Reply #325 on: February 17, 2015, 11:23:43 AM »

The images that are missing are visible in this post.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7662.msg427420#msg427420

Just put the paths in the middle of the three tiles used for the channel.

Offline whatnameshouldi

• Forums Inhabitant
« Reply #326 on: February 17, 2015, 04:45:27 PM »
Thank you! It is now all coming back. Now I just have to find where the traffic enabled lots are after DAMN clean-up :(