• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ALN Bat4Max V3.0

Started by Diggis, March 05, 2009, 02:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callagrafx

It's not really a problem to correct the Huge rig...However, If you have a model that is so huge as to require this lightrig, you are MUCH better off using MR Sun/Sky. Although for people not using 8, then a fix would definitely be in order.  Will look at this when I have more time.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Diggis

If you could attach the SC4Model to the post, or possibly email to my address I would be interested in taking a look. 

Are you using the rendering template to do this?  If so, which one or is it one you created.  If you didn't use a clean file to create the template it is possible to get the checkers.  Using a clean file to create the template means that there is no GID saved in the file which is what causes the checkers.

Diggis

I have used this extensivly prior to releasing it and, while I haven't used all the bells and whistles, I did test most of them.  I intend to post the list of features that you asked for, but need the time to do this, as well as adress your concerns.  I would like to see that model you rendered with the checkers and also the process you used to do it as the Rendering templates should have solved this issue, and have done for me. 

Edit: removed unnecessary info

SimFox

Quote from: Diggis on March 09, 2009, 10:58:09 AM
If you could attach the SC4Model to the post, or possibly email to my address I would be interested in taking a look. 

Are you using the rendering template to do this?  If so, which one or is it one you created.  If you didn't use a clean file to create the template it is possible to get the checkers.  Using a clean file to create the template means that there is no GID saved in the file which is what causes the checkers.

Here comes the offending SC4Modle file

At 600+Kb it is too large to be attached to the message...

To answers for your questions- nope I don't use any template. Although they whole issue with templates, or to be precise it's implementation is basically as for such troubles.

callagrafx

Quote from: BarbyW on March 09, 2009, 11:46:50 AM
SimFox, may I suggest you temper your tone somewhat in these posts. They are unnecessarily aggressive in tone. You may not agree or may have criticisms but there are pleasanter ways of posting them.
Locking this for now until Barby or Diggis decide to unlock it, as it's obvious Barby's post was not heeded.  ::)
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

callagrafx

Unlocking this to allow legitimate users who have questions to ask them here. Note that this is for support of Chris's scripts only, so no more discourses on it's merits or demerits please.

jeronij

Hello there,
I installed this new version yesterday, and the installation and startup went fine for max and gmax. The new preview options are fantastic and really really useful¡¡¡. I havent tried the new LOD/models export/import functions, but I am having problems with my first model  ::)

I cant get night lights to work. I am using MAX7 and I said "Yes" when I was prompted to use nighlights during the installation.

As soon as I rename an object an add the prefix "nitelite" (without quotes) and I try to render, the max stops and shows the error as seen in the attached picture.

Can someone pls have a look to the error screen and tell me what I am doing wrong  $%Grinno$% ??

Thanks in advance
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jeronij

48 hours later....  ;D ... can someone give me a hand with this??. I'd love to use this version, but I need the nightlights  ::)  $%Grinno$% ¡¡¡
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

callagrafx

Hi JR

It may be possible that this was never fully tested as neither Diggis nor I have V7 so we both said "no"...I use nightlibraries and physical lighting rather than the BAT texture overrides.  I don't think Chris played with this code, just removed the UI if the choice was "no".  Sorry that doesn't help you, but you may want to look at using nightlibraries as an alternative.

jeronij

Thanks for the info Cal. Could you point me to some info about using those night libraries and setting up the environement lights?. It would be much appreciated   :thumbsup:

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

callagrafx

SimFox

Actually he did play with this code and the error message Jeroniji is getting is a direct result of that play. I sort of know what is wrong there but I don't know how deep it does go and I don't have the time to investigate. So simples solution is if you want to use nightwindows is to use alternative Bat4max

jeronij

Quote from: callagrafx on April 21, 2009, 02:37:31 PM
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4884.0

Thank you, I'll check this  :thumbsup:

Quote from: SimFox on April 21, 2009, 04:08:51 PM
So simples solution is if you want to use nightwindows is to use alternative Bat4max

Also thanks for the alternative  ;)

Anyway, I think I'll give a try to the libraries thingie first, because I love to learn new tricks  ::)  ;D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

callagrafx

Quote from: SimFox on April 21, 2009, 04:08:51 PM
So simples solution is if you want to use nightwindows is to use alternative Bat4max

or use a more realistic method of lighting  :thumbsup:

shenti

Google Translation

Hi

I have times a question is ALN Bat4Max V3.0 with 3dsmax 2009?? If so, how? I get it for me just not the way it Renders. Although I proceed according to instructions. I wish that this model (see picture) rendering what I built. Since it has poly 378000 gmax can I forget to render. Also 3dsmax 7 deals because I do not much with a Boolean and worked me in 3dsmax 7, the crane properly break something.

I hope it is me who can help

Mfg Shenti

German

hi

Ich hab mal eine Frage geht ALN Bat4Max V3.0 auch mit 3dsmax 2009??? Wenn ja wie? Ich bekomme es bei mir einfach nicht hin das es Rendert. Obwohl ich nach Anleitung vorgehe. Ich möchte nämlich dieses Modell (siehe Bild ) Rendern was ich gebaut habe. Da es 378000 poly hat kann ich gmax vergessen zum rendern. Auch 3dsmax 7 geht nicht da ich viel mit pro Boolean gearbeitet habe und des mir in 3dsmax 7 den Kran ordentlich kaputt macht.

Ich hoffe es kann mir wer helfen

Mfg Shenti

Andreas

Proper translation:

I have a question: can I use ALN Bat4Max V3.0 with 3dsmax 2009 as well? If so, how? For some reason, I can't get the renderer working, although I did everything according to the instructions. I'd like to render this model (see picture) which I have created. Since it has 378,000 polys, gmax won't work anymore, and 3dsmax 7 doesn't work properly as well, since I worked mainly with Boolean. 3dsmax 7 pretty much destroyed the crane model when I tried to use it.

I hope somebody can help me.
Andreas

callagrafx

Thanks for the translation Andreas...In response I'd ask if Shenti could post some screenshots of the error messages (and if you'd be kind enough to translate those  $%Grinno$% ) so we can see if we can pinpoint the problem.  Also what lighting/renderer is being used?  There are issues with B4M and the new Mental Ray renderer.

choco

hmmm...i'll be watching this intently.  still haven't been able to make use of this......

Chrisadams3997

Haven't been around in a while and just saw that Shawn and Lee released this.  It's been a while since I worked on the code, but you're problem Jeroni is actually fairly simple.  Diggis is right, the only change that the query box about night windows on your first startup makes is to the menu, removing some clutter if you won't be using nite windows. 

However, your problem I think comes with mixing up night windows with nitelites.  The object you named a nitelite is a polymesh according to the error message, but only light objects can have the nitelite prefix--as specifically only lights have the 'on' property.  The lack of that property in a polymesh was the cause of the error.

Setting a geometric object to have the old style night textures by contrast doesn't require any special prefixes, only that it be enabled for the object using the night windows UI.  That said, since I have Max 8 where the old night window textures cause a crash anyway, I haven't been able to test that they are compatible with the alterations in rendering script, so they may not work with my script anyway in earlier versions.  I have no way to check myself, and it's not a high priority as night libraries are more stable, more useful, and I've already built in the support for them for all rendering methods(night windows--if they still work at all--are only enabled in the old 3-pass render).

nitelites on the other hand should be fully functional for both simple and parametric lights in older versions of max to my knowledge.  If anyone runs into any problems in older versions however, let me know, a simple fix could be in order (Autodesk changed the property names around a bit over time as I recall).

I'll try to be around here to provide support, gather up some of my previous BSC posts on features, etc., and given time might also complete the help files for download.

EDIT:
catching up as I read here.
Shenti--As Cal said, if you can provide a screen shot of any error messages received, it'll help.  Hopefully Andreas will be around to translate this for you and vice versa ;) .

Chris

jeronij

Hi Chris, thanks for replying.

I tried enabling the night windows initially, but when I tried to render, the error message was something like "Unknow property" (I dont recall the exact wording now, and I dont have the Max at hand). I had to manually remove that parameter from the model's properties tab.

Because old night windows didnt seem to work, I messed things out and I tried to call the mesh a light. I understand the origin of the error I posted in the picture, but there is still something wrong with the regular night windows. A pity that you can not test it in Max7  &mmm

Mallorca My Mayor Diary