• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smileymk

@ SimRisu: There are nicer ways of putting criticism forward, you know.

And anyway, for me, the avenue is the focal point. It's what I saw first, and I like it. It's a good little low-space solution. And he has tried to make it as realistic as he could given the space constraints.

Yes, the abandonment is noticeable, but it doesn't detract too much from the overall scene. I just think to imply that the scene is disgusting because of it is a bit harsh.

Hope you see where I'm coming from.
Chris

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

Risu

Quote from: smileymk on April 25, 2011, 05:32:32 AM
@ SimRisu: There are nicer ways of putting criticism forward, you know.
Oh snap, that's totally not how I meant it! D: I wanted to say something more like, "That abandonment is distracting from the rest of the picture."

00V00

Some pictures from me, first is an interchange serving a new airport I am working on and a nearby industrial area:

Close up of the highway interchange:

Close up of the local access set up adjacent to the industrial area:

A monster I made based on an interchange I saw in this thread:

Landscaping isn't complete for this one (nor is the city for that matter), but thought I'd share anyway:

A more compact 3-way interchange:

00V00

Some urban/compact intersections:

noahclem

Those look great OOVOO!  &apls  It all looks very well thought out and the areas surrounding your intersections have been developed nicely, as have your non-highway networks. I hope you show us more  :thumbsup:

samerton

Those are some great intersections, 00V00! Very nice details and complexity. I, too, hope that you can show us some more!  &apls

apeguy

Those are some of the best interchanges I've seen in this thread, nice work 00V00. :thumbsup:

Here's something I built the other day:

(sorry about the grid and the yellow border &ops)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

00V00

Thank you for your comments guys, I'll be sure to share some more soon!

@Alex, that's a great design you've got going there, do you mind if I ask why you've made it so large? Is it to minimize weaving or is there another reason?

Opkl

Quote from: 00V00 on April 27, 2011, 01:03:19 PM
Thank you for your comments guys, I'll be sure to share some more soon!

@Alex, that's a great design you've got going there, do you mind if I ask why you've made it so large? Is it to minimize weaving or is there another reason?

I was going to ask the same thing. My guess is that he wanted something different than a regular cloverleaf? I think its very nice. I'm sure its a nice design when seen overhead in region view. I also like your interchanges 00V00. BTW, where did you get those green highway walls in pic#4?

00V00

Quote from: Opkl on April 27, 2011, 01:16:51 PM
BTW, where did you get those green highway walls in pic#4?

Search for "Japanese Walls Set 1" on STEX. The green ones can get a bit annoying as they only look completely normal when they are plopped at exactly 15m, but they do look nice when you get them right.

apeguy

Quote from: 00V00 on April 27, 2011, 01:03:19 PM@Alex, that's a great design you've got going there, do you mind if I ask why you've made it so large? Is it to minimize weaving or is there another reason?

Yes, the main reason for its huge size and the enlongated leaves is to reduce the dangers of weaving by making the weaving lanes longer. And I thought it looked pretty cool, almost like a clover-windmill. :)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

GDO29Anagram

@apeguy: Actually, just HAVING the Collector-Distributor setup already reduces the dangers of weaving by taking it off of the main road. Though your reasoning for elongating it is correct, making it elongated AND having a C/D setup is rather overkill. $%Grinno$%

But if you think it's rather cool, then that's OK then.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

samerton

Nice interchange, apeguy. I like the idea about making the interchange bigger to minimise weaving.

dahemac

Not as cool as RHW, but intersections none the less.

Kevin1a

Good transfer station.  They're one of my favourite things to build as well.  You have to bring rail, GLR, road, bus, and pedestrian traffic together in an effective and pleasing way at a reasonable cost.  I particularly like the bus ring.  If I could bat, I would make an awesome bus depot, but alas, I am too busy building stuff. :D

Nardo69

A not very impressing intersection, isn't it:

But hell it was a terrible pain in the ... to create this one! All puzzlepieces, and since the tramway station is modded for draggable GLR it was bound to be plopped before the GLR puzzle pieces ...

Good thing is that the pictures doesn't show the swearing of ol' Papa Nardo after yet another CTD caused by puzzlepieces. And in the end such a non-impressive but somehow nice intersection ...

Opkl

Quote from: 00V00 on April 27, 2011, 02:18:51 PM
Search for "Japanese Walls Set 1" on STEX. The green ones can get a bit annoying as they only look completely normal when they are plopped at exactly 15m, but they do look nice when you get them right.

Thnak you, I found them. :thumbsup:

dahemac

Nardo69: It was worth it. I love the idea of a GLR plaza at the corner. Very cool.

EDIT: BTW what is that GLR station and where can I get it?

rushman5

most of these intersections are unique but not useful.  Nardo, you have created a functional masterpiece there

Nardo69

dahemac, rushman5: Glad that you liked it and that you saw the work of it ...!  :)

dahemac, the GLR station is the SFBT Dentei GLR station from the Simcityplaza Kurier. The station is available as GLR and GLR-in-Ave station both orthogonal and idagonal. The page is German but the file should be bilingual English - German.