• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Everthing is gone

Started by deanva, July 15, 2020, 09:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanva

I went to play Simcity 4 and everything is gone my region, everything in the plugins folder, no custom lots from the lot editor nothing. What happened? I did not delete anything. This has happened once before. I have managed to reinstall some of my plugins from another folder, but my current region has gone completely I played the game Tuesday.

mrbisonm

I won't be able to help you there, but unless you have a virus on your computer, I cannot imagine what could have happened. there are several viruses that can delete things (files) in your MyDocuments folder and elsewhere on your computer.
That is why I ALWAYS make a copie of everything I do on the computer and keep it safely on a CD/DVD. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

jeffryfisher

That story is scary, but you haven't told us anything so we can help. Please start diving into folder paths and sharing with us what you see there. Also share the usual debugging info (SC4 command options, config file, log etc).

C'mon, give us a bone to chew on!
Modding PC games since 1993 (back when we needed hex-editors)

Sunrader

I'm only a newcomer, but as I was getting started, my virus protection deleted SC4 twice before I figured out what was going on. Maybe worth a shot to check your quarantines?

deanva

Nothing is in windows defender. Did have an windows 10 update that was downloaded.

mgb204

The first step would be to perform a search for SC4 save data on your computer, to see if it's somehow gotten moved somewhere unexpected. Open My Computer (Windows Explorer) and in the top right is a search box, type *.SC4 into that box and hit enter. This should now search your entire machine looking for any files with the .SC4 extension, i.e. SimCity 4 save files. Provided you are searching the entire machine, that should find any such files that are still on it.