Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat

Author Topic: How to make farms/fields  (Read 167 times)

Offline thingfishs

How to make farms/fields
« on: February 12, 2020, 01:18:45 AM »
Hi all,

Great to see this site still has legs - I was hoping someone might be able to point me towards a tutorial on making farms and their accompanying fields. I don't mean BATing or LOTing, mainly what needs to be done in reader and/or SC4PIM to have them grow normally in game I guess, plus any other farm specific advice. I've had a bit of a hunt but couldn't find anything, any help appreciated. Its been many years since I've been properly active with this stuff and it's hurting the brain trying to relearn everything.  ()what()

Ryan

Offline xxdita

• Administrator
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL: Mr. Fixxit
Re: How to make farms/fields
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 02:44:54 AM »
The best way to make new fields may be to cheat, if I'm reading BarbyW's post right.

Offline thingfishs

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 06:29:48 AM »
Great, thanks xxdita!
Though I don't understand why it's so tricky compared to regular lots, I will happily follow Barby's advice if it will get them growing.

Question 2: Can you have timed props that take longer than 365 days to reach the start of the cycle again?
I'm thinking for crops that take longer than a year to reach maturity...

Offline xxdita

• Administrator
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL: Mr. Fixxit
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 09:25:24 AM »
I've never seen any that are modded like that. While I won't rule out the possibility, I really don't think so.

Offline mrbisonm

• Forums Guru
  • The Nexian
  • CL: In Fred We Trust
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 07:02:00 PM »
If you want to change the "rules" or fonctioning of the crop lot, then you will have to open it with ilive reader and modify the settings/stats.
I haven't seen a tut though hgow to do this, but I did make a copy before all, saved it and then played with the file until I found the right line and changed it's behavior. ;) That's how I gather experience with files. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)