• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Strange Things happen with .dat

Started by evarburg, July 15, 2019, 11:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evarburg

"strange things are happening" is what Data Node tells me before freezing up when I am trying to check a dat called Airport Shuttles, as the props don't show up in the Lot Editor. It is a consolidated .dat ; (in the folder are also individual dats for each shuttle ; I've tried also having them separately in my plugins ; no difference). I spotted those Airport Shuttles when looking for airport props, but there is no creator name, and no readme (and I can't find the link again !). My feeling is that this dat is corrupted or badly made ;  When looking at the dats in the Reader, it shows this (see pict). Could someone confirm there is a problem with that .dat (and not with me...) ?

Andreas

I don't know who made them, but it looks like those are not props, but automata models (they probably show up driving around on your roads when you plop some "airport shuttle" lot). From the screenshot, I can't tell if they are broken, but it's possible that there is a bug in SC4DataNode that prevents it from reading automata files properly.
Andreas

evarburg

ah, I'd forgotten about automata ! ("You don't know much, Jon Snowette") Thank you. Not I'll have to go and dust my how-to-make-props-from-automata tutorials, I guess. ;)