• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

For Some Reason I my city keeps creating commercial

Started by TheFraud34, November 29, 2018, 08:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFraud34

I almost have more commercial than residential its weird and the demand for residential is too low for any major development. I have 90,000 commercial jobs in one city with 64,000 people and they don''t want to make commercial anymore. It consists of like 60+ huge skyscrapers a cool skyline but this city was not suppose to be a downtown area. I tried making a bedroom community but the people just want make residential buildings its frustrating! If anyone knows what to do here please let me know I want to expand my city!

mrbisonm

Hm.....the last time that happened to me, the problem was that I plopped to many Landmarks with jobs too quickly. It needed time to adjust, before the Res demand increased again.

I wouldn't know what else.

Fred

BTW, welcome to SC4D. ;)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mgb204

To fully understand this issue, we'd need to know the regional figures for R/C/I, since the game works off all the connected cities. However, only around 50% of your sims will actually be working, it stands to reason Maxis were accounting for Children, Parents staying at home, retirees and other parts of a population that wouldn't normally be working. Applying that to the numbers given, despite the 90k jobs you have, there are only 32k sims to work in them. So it follows you'd have the most need for residential at this point.

TheFraud34

True the both of you, my city layout goes as follow I have two starter cities Old Town South Old Town North with a total of 38,000 sims, with commercial being 26,000 for each now that is reasonable. Adjacent to the city is the Old Industrial at 19,000 jobs for industrial. Note that I have a tone of residential, commercial, and industrial mods and playing on normal. I have a few tweak mods but that is pretty much it. So there is another city connected to old town on the other side which is the one that has way to many commercial buildings. There are 64,000 people and 90,000 jobs. There is two cities adjacent to this being High Tech Industry with 2,100 jobs and The bedroom community with 1,800 jobs and 25,000 people. Here is the RCI demand in the 90,000 job city there is little to no residential demand at less than 2,000 for all types. The commercial drops down after constructing big buildings and then spikes back up out of nowhere like the buildings built spiked the demand. Industrial is threw the roof for all while when I go to their respectable city High Tech and Old Industrial the demands go down significantly. And this is practically the layout for the entire time I play. My total population is 124,000

Andreas

It's hard to tell what's happening if you can't name those "tweak mods", or if you were using ploppables that provide jobs and the like. Maybe one or another screenshot of the city (including some stats, graphs etc.) might help, too. What's your setting for the taxes? Usually, you can control the demand with adjusting the taxes a little (i. e. residential demand might be too low because the taxes are too high). Are there any other reasons that might cause a drop in residential demand, such as pollution, heavy traffic, etc.?
Andreas

TheFraud34

Hers 4 screenshots split into : The First one is the bedroom community here the design the community has a subway to the main commercial city so it makes no sense that it can't get there. 
four posts

TheFraud34

Here is the second pic and this is the RCI demand as you can see there is massive want for Industrial and Commercial however residential is extremely low if I make a new city it goes up though. The third pic is my entire region it is a custom one and it is snowy with mods you can see the population and cities layout here.

TheFraud34

The last it was actually 3 posts is the taxing layout you can see the residential taxes are at a mimisical 8% plenty for development I am also rich at 400,000 double the amount started.

Andreas

I'd say the cities are a little small for serving as "bedroom community" and such; new cities come with an initial demand that helps them for the first time. Later, so-called "demand caps" will counter-act against these initial settings. You still didn't tell if you were using ploppables with jobs, or any mods that might alter the demand or other factors that are linked to it. What happens if you lower the residential taxes to 7% instead of 8.2?
Andreas

TheFraud34

I only have one plop-able building, it was a commercial building. I don't think I have any mods that alter lots or demand mainly a bunch of new types of grow able buildings. I will double check though

jeffryfisher

Modding PC games since 1993 (back when we needed hex-editors)

TheFraud34

I say tweak mod meaning one that doesnt add anything but changes a few features around

Andreas

Well, "changing a few features" could also mean a radical change of some properties, but without a list of what you got we cannot tell if those mods might affect your cities in a unwanted manner. Which one is said ploppable? Did you try my suggestion about the tax figures?
Andreas

TheFraud34

The Taxes, I lowered them by 1% and it had almost no affect on development so they can't be the case. Regarding my mod list I'm going to try my best to explain my mod list as it is confusing.
To start with under Documents Sim City 4 there are 10 folders
BSC_Cleanitol
CAM Auxiliary Files
Exception Reports
HTTPCache
LEX_Downloads
NAM Auxiliary Files
Original Sim City Files (makes me suspicious)
Plugins (where a majority of my mods are)
Regions
STEX_Downloads

This is going to be a very long explanation:
The First Folder BSC_Cleanitol has nothing that important.
The Second Folder CAM Auxiliary Files
Two Folders
Backup and Installation
has Colossus Addon Uninstall
Documentation
License Agreement
Manual
Read Me
Nothing Important
Third Folder
Exception Reports nothing important
Fourth Folder
HTTPCache
empty
Fifth
LEX_Downloads
10 folders
BSC
CAM
CP
CSX
DragonAnime
ks_jpn
MSZ
SimFox
SimGoober
Tag_one
BSC
Readme for BSC_CAMelots_BixelVol17, BSC_Essentials and CARCH
jestarr: ReplogleGlobeFactory: Readme_ReplogleGlobeFactory, images: a few images.
CAM: images: a bunch of images for CAM
CAM Readmes for C$$ 13-15A and B, C$$$ 14
CO$$ 8-15, CO$$$ 8-15, ID: 4-10, R$ 9-15, R$$ 8-15, R$$$ 8-15.
CP: 1 folder, BSC_MEGA_PropPack_CP_Vol01
two lot files, TimberPark_Spruce, TimberPark_SpruceSingle
Readme the prop pack.
CSX: 1 folder images  bunch of images
Readmes CSX_farm_Fields and CSX_Farms_Vol01
DragonAnime:
Readme_NDEX_DA_CAMeLots_0l
Readmes ks_jpn_Al_Burj_CAMeLot and Tower_Residences
MSZ: one folder NYC Housing Projects:
three more Set 1, 2 and 3 each with images and their readmes
SimFox: images and a HTML file R$$_p44TSeries_Towers
SimGoober: Images and A bunch of readmes SG_Hotels1, SG_Hotels2, SG_IrrigationCanals1, SG_Lots_IM1, SG_Lots_IM2, SG_Offices_HiRise1, SG_Offices_HiRise1, SG_Offices_HiRise2 and PencilTowers.
image and readme -small timber frame houses.

TheFraud34

I had to separate this into multiple post due to the size. Two folders: Documentation: 10 HTMLS, 1-start, 2 installation, 3 basics, 4 content-overview. 5 faq, 6 glossary, 7 history, 8 techinal, 9 credits, informations, namdoc, and read-first-nam36. 4 folders: Additional Bridges: lets just say a tone of different bridges.
Features: A bunch of road based stuff
Old: a bunch of old files i presume
Original SimCity: has the original files which is good i guess
now into plugins for this I just going to say the folder names any ways there are 30 folders in here
a_CAm
Bridge Height
BSC
CAM
CAM Lots which has a bunch of extra mods
Coastal Mod
CP
Crime Doesn't Pay
CSX
Function Landmarks
HKABT
hole digging lots
ks_jpn
marcszar
NDEX
Network Addon Mod
Peg Snow 2
Peg super pack
PEGPROD
Raika
RN Productions
roadtop mass transit
RTMTV3
SFBT
Sim City_1
SimFox
SimGoober
SUperstar
z_NAM
CAM Residential BSC dependencies
These are other files:
NETWORK Addon Mod setup 36
Paulvmontfort mega prop pack 
read-first-nam36
REmovelist for Paulmontfort
into came lots
two folders
BldgProp
two dat files in dependencies is
BSC Essentials
building
Agruculture
PaulMontfort
Porkie Prop
Sim Fox
Sony Dot Pack
CONTAINS
Readme
That is the plugins
Regions: all vanilla except for fairvew which I made my own region for it.
Last folder is STEX_Downloads:
five folders
BSC
Cogeo
CP
CSX
swi21
and as you know a bunch of folders in there.
Phew! All I have to say is what a mod list.

Andreas

Everything that is not inside /Plugins/ won't be loaded by the game, so you wouldn't have to collect all those folder names. ;) All the folders with BATter names are more likely irrelevant, unless they contain landmarks/ploppables with jobs and the like. From your list, only two or three things might be relevant, such as the "Functional Landmarks" folder (not sure what exactly it does contain), and the CAM folder(s). Did you install the CAM after starting the region, or was it there before that? You should re-read the CAM readme carefully and check if you followed all instructions, since the CAM changes quite some things in a more or less drastic way, and if you don't follow the guidelines properly, it might mess up your RCI demand alright.
Andreas

TheFraud34

When you say everything in then plugins folder won't be loaded by the game do you mean none of those mod files are loaded. If so maybe that can be the issue. Also regarding the installation of mosaic installed all of them before starting a city. Functional Landmarks might be messing with demands however I don't have any landmarks yet. Anyways I will double check that CAM was installed  correctly

Andreas

Read carefully, I said everything that is not inside the plugins folder won't be loaded. ;)
Andreas

TheFraud34

Oh right, I was reading it on my phone and I saw the opposite. Alright well do you think I should put everything out of the plugins in the plugins folder. I'm not exactly sure if I should because I install almost all those mods from an installer that automatically places is it in the "default" folder. The mods I installed that did not have a installer I just threw them into a new folder in the plugins directory. Thanks for letting me know.

cogeo

Did you patch simcity_1.dat with CAM, or simply installed CAM? Mods containing RCI-type exemplars can cause weird effects, and they should be merged into simcity_1.dat, not just installed in some plugin subfolder.