• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SNT - V. 2.0 available for download!

Started by Akallan, June 25, 2017, 01:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

Akallan I am really impressed with the work you are doing here  :thumbsup:

These textures look great and have been given the attention they deserve.

My metaphorical hat is off to you!

-eggman121

kelis

Quote from: eggman121 on November 17, 2017, 09:14:33 PM
Akallan I am really impressed with the work you are doing here  :thumbsup:

Me too ! This is one of those things that changes the game for the rest of the days. You are giving us a new view, more European for our cities... I can't wait to see some in-game pictures  &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Akallan

Hello, thank you very much for your comments! It makes me very happy! :)

Today, this is a very big update. Indeed, all the sets of textures I was working on are finally finished. I will soon start a new set of textures (Maxis Avenue - M04).

As I said in my previous update, my last job was to improve the textures of the set AVE-2 (N07), but instead of just improving it, I completely reinvented it!

Indeed, because the textures were completely pixelated and I could not stand to see them as well. At the very beginning that I started the SNT project, I took the textures of the Reader from the NAM files, but unfortunately they were not beautiful (I do not know why). At first, it did not affect me, so I create the set N07 without asking me a question, but for a few weeks I found them horrible. I did everything from A to Z. I even made pictures of "before" - "after" so that you see the problem through your eyes (it's the only texture set that had problems):

And the final:

Here is the set of textures AVE-2 (N07). To see all other texture sets, go to the first page, first post. I updated everything, all my current work is in picture in tablature.

Click for full size*

There were some small changes on all the texture sets:
- New bus stops (click to see image)
- New textures with car parks
- Re-textured pedestrian crossing
- The grass has been removed from the AVE-2, to allow the choice of the texture of the central island

And to conclude this update, here are the sets of textures on which I will work or not, simply for information:

See you soon! :squirrel:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

brick_mortimer

Talking 'bout polished  :satisfied:
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Akallan

Hello everybody!

First of all, I wish you all happy holidays! :thumbsup:
I'm doing a little update to show you some textures parts of the network I'm currently working on (M04 - Avenue Maxis / AVE-4). It takes a little longer to do than the other networks I've created so far, because it's two tiles wide. I will finish this network soon, then I will do the NAM TLA-3 network.

Good evening to all and see you soon! :)

These are examples, this does not represent all the possibilities that there are with respect to markings.

Click for full size*

T - Type 1

T - Type 2

Crossroads
My CJ :

kbieniu7

Wow... well... you've really made all of this... ??? :o

Chapeau bas...  &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Akallan

kbieniu7: Yes, I really did all this! $%Grinno$% I started this project at the end of June this year, five months ago, and today there are more than 1200 different textures for orthogonal networks. I also wish to make the main networks diagonal (road, street and avenue) (perhaps :squirrel: ).

Here is an image of the avenue with different intersections and all the networks created to date:

Click for full size*

With all the existing textures, I can soon make an entire city! But there is still a lot to do ... /wrrd%&
My CJ :

Themistokles

I kind of feel we lack a :shocked2: reaction button right now.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

mattb325

These are looking great! I am looking forward to this  ;)

Akallan

Thank you very much for your comments Themistokles and mattb325! :)

I said in the previous update this:
"With all the existing textures, I can soon make an entire city!"

Oops, here it is! I used some SNT textures to apply them in a city for the first time. I'm happy to see them that way. I also take the opportunity because I will not be there in the next few days, with a little advance, a happy new year 2018 and happy holidays to everyone! :thumbsup:

See you soon! :squirrel:

My CJ :

vortext

Excellent picture showcasing your textures, it's shaping up rather nice indeed!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

manga rivotra

Your overlays add a real realism, excellent work !  :thumbsup:

Akallan

Hello everybody. I'm back after a long absence, the project is not stopped! :)

Thank you for your comments manga rivotra and vortext. I hope that when my project is finished, it will give even more realism!

I just wanted to ask a question:
Where can I find the textures of the 90 ° turn (2x2 squares / 4 tiles) of Maxis Avenue? I looked in several files including those of NAM but it does not seem to have seen, so if anyone knows it would help me a lot.

And finally, here's a more detailed list of what the SNT project will cover when it's finished, or at least when it's first released:

*Click for full size*

[FR] En cours = [EN] In progress / [FR] En projet = [EN] In project / [FR] Pas en projet = [EN] Not in project

Textures for Maxis avenues are coming to the end soon. I will then make the textures for the TLA-3.

See you soon! :thumbsup:
My CJ :

mgb204

Most Avenue textures were never altered from the originals and thus will not be found in the NAM files. You should look in the SimCity dat files instead, the reader has a special preview for such textures (Tools / Texture Viewer), Avenue should be in SimCity_4.dat. Bear in mind also, these textures are regular 1x1 in size, they are duplicated and mirrored to create the 2x1 sections.

Akallan

Hi mgb204, thanks for your answer. :thumbsup: I could find the textures I wanted and finish my network. Here is finally the network M04 / AVE-04 finished and here are some images to illustrate this:

Transition M04/M01a - M04/N07

Transition M04/M03 - M04/N13

Transition M04/N13 - M04/P22

Curve and cul-de-sac

Now, let's go for the TLA-3 network (N05). See you soon! :D
My CJ :

brick_mortimer

What a massive undertaking  &apls

Akallan

brick_mortimer : Yes there is a lot to do, but it is always with the pleasure that I make the textures. :)

And here is the network TLA-3 which is finished (N05):

And now, ARD-3 (N09) ... A network that will take a long time to do because it is asymmetrical. There will be a lot of textures! See you soon! :thumbsup:

My CJ :

PaPa-J

My God that's a lot of work.  Very cool though.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Girafe

Keep up the good job   ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

brick_mortimer

Quote from: Akallan on March 30, 2018, 12:33:26 PM
...Yes there is a lot to do, but it is always with the pleasure that I make the textures. :)...
Glad you still have pleasure in making this insane amout of textures.

I'm one of those "jamais content-people"; if a city or region I worked on for a long time is not going the way I want it, I tend to give up.
I have a graveyard of abandoned cities on my record :D