• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

MGB's Mods and other stuff

Started by mgb204, May 04, 2015, 04:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

Robin, those depots look fantastic. &apls &apls
I truly hope you will make a rail version of them!! I could really use them on some of my projects.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

compdude787

I like how you have the industrial textures baked in instead of sidewalks, which really aren't found in many industrial areas. Looking forward to using this once it's done!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

FrankU

Those textures will be very good to have! I always asked myself who the heck is mowing all those tiny grass areas in my industrial areas...
I hope I will have time to take a look at them.

Vizoria

Amazing! A SAM road dedicated solely to industry!

belfastsocrates

The depot is looking great. I haven't had the chance to create my GLR depot but I've built the tracks leading to it. Just need to plan layout and what's going to be in the immediate area.

Loving the industrial street!! My preference for sidewalks would be the plain concrete used in FrankU's industrial lots. But that's only because I use that texture a lot.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Vizoria

This is a big if, but if you could create say a SAM 11 street- the concrete street you are showing to us, then perhaps you could accommodate other people's requests for different concrete textures? Is SAM 11 possible or is it just a pipedream?

Catalyst

mgb204

Thanks for all the support everyone  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Vizoria on January 25, 2016, 08:39:34 AM
This is a big if, but if you could create say a SAM 11 street- the concrete street you are showing to us, then perhaps you could accommodate other people's requests for different concrete textures? Is SAM 11 possible or is it just a pipedream?

Well I'm not planning to make it an override, but for now it was the easiest way to get them in-game. So SAM 1x, probably 11 but that's not certain yet.

I'm not adding the concrete, the program that packages my textures does. Any release (part of the NAM) will include perhaps a couple of texture options. For those using another style, the option to download the source textures, and make a custom set by running a script in GoFSH will exist.

Swordmaster

Thought I recognized Bipin's asphalt there. I wonder what happened to his concrete RHW retexturing project.

In any case, the question regarding using the SAM 11 slot for this is whether one would want this to coexist with the default streets and the other SAM sets. We can continue making overrides, but it's unlikely that every set will be used simultaneously. A replacement mod for SAM 10 makes sense, possibly 6 too.

We can make that decision when the set is complete, though. These are fantastic textures and I would gladly lend a hand if you wanted that--RR crossings maybe? ;D

Come to think of it, these would form a great surface and setting for a rail-on-street network (ROS, more acronyms HA!)

Cheers
Willy

mgb204

Gah, as usual SimCity does not want to play fair...

I'm trying to use RTK 4 prop exemplars linked to S3D models (automata). But all I see are brown boxes. The ID's are right, I've quadruple-checked.

Looking at the RTK types, I'm not sure if RKT4 is supported for S3D models at all? Is there another way to turn prop automata on and off?

:update:

I figured it out, instead of using 0x27812821 for the on state, for S3D props I needed to use 0x27812820.

So the good news is the automata props will turn on and off, included will be normal props and additionally three timed groups of each:

• tz1 props between 7am and 21pm. This is synchronised with the timed door props so Automata only appears when open.
  • tz2 props represent a slow down in the number of trains in service after rush hour. Appearing between 7pm and 7am.
  • tz3 props "return to the depot" at midnight, staying around from 12am until 6am.

Getting there:

Thanks to Simmer2 for making the RRW textures for me. Options for textures will include:

Rail
  - RRW
  - Maxis
  - PEG 205
HSR
  - Vershner's HSR textures
  - Standard HSR textures
GLR
  - MGB's GLR Style, used in my Sandstone sidewalk and Rural GLR mods. It's included in my Addon's for Magneto's Sidewalk mod
  - NAM Default GLR Style
Road
  - EU Road transition
  - US Road transition

The items in italic are the defaults. Texture overrides will be included for the other options to customise them to your setup.

emanuelfranco0390

Hi MGB, thank you for your amazing mods.

I want to know, how can I install correctly the mods RVT Tarsealed Streets with Terrain Grass NAM (TGN) for Gobias Sudden Valley (Unified Wealth) (v2.0)?

The last time, I untick the maxis streets option in the TGN SV UW 2.0 setup, I have the US textures for the RVT TS.

The problem is that I can't see the TGN SV UW working with the RVT TS.

FrankU

Alan_Waters

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

noahclem

Those industrial streets turned out great  &apls  Love the continued work with the depots  :thumbsup:

vester

Great work. See some of the trains, GLR trains and trams in use.

Was thinking of turning my automata into props using some like this. Just haven't got around to it.

mgb204

Thanks for all the comments/support  :).

I'm still working on the lots to go with the RDP (Rail Depot Pack) which I released earlier today on the LEX. In the meantime, one of the textures included (Vershner's HSR) was not colour corrected, so I've fixed that and re-uploaded the package. However, for the first 35 or so downloaders, please find the updated textures attached to save downloading the entire thing again.

Quote from: emanuelfranco0390 on January 25, 2016, 11:06:23 PM
I want to know, how can I install correctly the mods RVT Tarsealed Streets with Terrain Grass NAM (TGN).?

Right now no NGN or TGN versions of TSR exist, besides my custom one that is. TGN versions will be coming though, along with the SAM7 update with TGN variants. I can get to work on these with the depots out of the way.

Neither of these mods will be released with full sidewalks, i.e. in NGN style. If for whatever reason you want this for the SAM7 mod, I'll make you a set if you ask nicely. As for TSR, you'd have to ask Rivit, since it's his mod and not mine.

You are quite correct that you need to untick the Maxis Streets option during install, that's precisely why this feature exists.

belfastsocrates

Quote from: vester on January 26, 2016, 03:22:24 PM
Was thinking of turning my automata into props using some like this. Just haven't got around to it.

That would be amazing!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Bipin

Quote from: Swordmaster on January 25, 2016, 10:09:04 AM
Thought I recognized Bipin's asphalt there. I wonder what happened to his concrete RHW retexturing project.

I wonder too. Sometimes no news is good news though... ;)

By the way mgb, excellent work! If there's anything else you need, let me know. This may help for starters:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B18TZfo7TG3QLTZFaS1zV3FuY3c

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B18TZfo7TG3QUjdSaTFUNlV5Mnc

Excellent work. Keep it up!