• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The New Forest : A Recreation MD Update 6: Yet another Teaser : 30/5/2011

Started by DanniBee, April 20, 2011, 04:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomas Neto

bat

Your recreation of Christchurch Harbour is looking really fantastic!
Wonderful work on that place.
Looking forward to more and I also hope that you can fix your computer problems...

DanniBee

Update 5

Well after a week of trying to fix my malware problems I finally ran my PC in safe mode and installed Malwarebytes, ran it, and now my computer is okay again. I didn't lose anything at all and nothing was corrupted, I call that a success! SC4 works fine and I now have new pictures from Somerford: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=50.738221,-1.755388&spn=0.010198,0.033023&z=16

So here's Update 5:

The whole area of Somerford in SC4, with the A35 running along the top

Some small apartments built in the 70's, does anyone know how to get rid of the visual abandonment?

A housing estate along Normandy Road built in the late 90's

More housing along the side of Somerford Junior School

A little piece of woodland in between the two housing estates

The fields of The Grange School

The traffic view of the harbour, fairly accurate but not 100%

Oh well, after that little glitch this MD can carry on, won't update as much though, end of year exams and whatnot, see you next time on the New Forest!

wallasey

Good update!

There are abandonment mods out there, but it is generally not recommended to use them. I saw there were rubbish problems so maybe the abandonment will cease once your sanitary problem is resolved?

samerton

Great work, Dan! It's great to see that your problem has been fixed and that this CJ can continue!  :thumbsup: You've also inspired me to continue my North Wales project!

kwakelaar

Some great looking updates, and luckily you did not loose anything after being infected with malware.

marsh

Quotedoes anyone know how to get rid of the visual abandonment?

I do! Just hit the windows button to return to the desktop then open your game back up again. Then no abandonment.  :) It works while rotating the camera but as soon as you zoom it is abandoned again. I noticed this one day while playing. It works good for CJers Although I am unsure if it works in windowed mode.

Awesome work again, and I'm glad to see your computer is fine again.  ;D

,marsh

Reikhardt

I use this Modd to deal with abandonment. As I only build cities for the visuals rather than gameplay it works fine for me!

bat

DanniBee

Replies

wallasey - Yeah, I've got one installed anyway, only lasts for 180 years though and this city is just over 2000 years old (ingame and in real life). It does come and go though so I don't mind that much.  :)

samerton - Good luck with that, can't wait to see some pics :D

kwakelaar - Thank you, it wasn't that hard to get rid of in the end.  ;D

marsh - Thanks once again marsh, that works fine on hardware mode, shame whenever I use hardware mode it gets to around 2 fps and crashes ever other minute, whereas on software mode I get about 60 fps. The abandonment isn't so much of an issue anymore, it just comes and goes until I balance all the RCI out again :)

Reikhardt - This is the one I'm now using, but thanks anyway :p

bat Thank you for your comment :D

(Yet another) Teaser
Sorry for this late, small update, it's already been a whole month since the last one :O. I've been putting SC4 to the side recently for other games, anyway, I recently discovered GIMP and have made a very nice picture made of overused effects to show you all. This area is a a rural bit just north of Christchurch  :)

So that's pretty much all I've got to show for now, I would continue more but I can't see to find any building which looks vaguely like this one here: http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=50.744436,-1.76756&spn=0.001303,0.004128&z=19&layer=c&cbll=50.744514,-1.7677&panoid=2xFycf3I5cPSOf8Yk_8FTQ&cbp=12,231.35,,0,5.26
If any of you know where I could find a building which looked a bit like that could you please tell me, although I still don't even have a clue what it is.
Stay safe and stay tuned on this MD

io_bg

Lovely rural scene, I also liked the overview in the previous update. Nice work :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

samerton