• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Small Problem with SC4 Tool.

Started by Jayster, September 21, 2010, 09:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayster

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help from the more expirenced people out there. I have tried to create my own very small set of textures but I'm having some troubles.

I first of all need help making a dat file for my textures. I created a txt file and edited it to a dat but that didn't work as I will show here in a second.

Here I have opened up everything I needed, and I am using the next free ID. But when I go to click ok...

That is what I get. My pictures for my textures are saved as jpgs, and are 128x128.

I hope I explained it as well as I could. Thanks for any help. Try to post pictures of what I will need to do or very clear cut directions.

Jayster

Biriali

I'm pretty sure that your problem relates to the .dat file. To make a new, blank .dat file is very easy. You simply open up the reader and save the default blank.dat that also opens. You can rename it if you want to, but the file is still empty. This file you can then save your textures into.  :thumbsup:

EDIT: I just saw that you're not having any alpha-textures. This, too, could be the reason for your problems. Try to add some alpha-textures and see if that makes any difference.
Nemo sobrius saltaret

Andreas

You don't have to create an empty DAT file, SC4Tool will create one itself by clicking on the "star" icon. And even if it's only a small personal texture set, you should get an ID range, as the default range that is supplied in SC4Tool might collide with some other textures. As Biriali said, those textures look like overlay textures or network (traffic) textures, so they would need an alpha map. Also, make sure to select the proper IDs in order to avoid wealth-dependent conflicts (you can read more about texture IDs in the various texture tutorials here at SC4D).
Andreas

Jayster

Okay, one other quick question, when I got to get my BSC ID range it brings up simtropolis but it says this page can not be found

*EDIT* When I try to use the Alpha mode, I get this...

Jayster

Andreas

The BSC Texture index can be found at the BSC board either at Simtropolis or SC4D.

The error message is most likely because you didn't add proper alphamaps, but apparently loaded the normal textures in the alphamap selection. This won't work.
Andreas

Jayster

Thank you, I'll try it again later.

Jayster

*EDIT* Hi, can I get some very clear cut instructions on how to make some transit textures. The instructions over at Simtropolis are really vague before the beginning of Step 2. I can't figure you out how (or where) to open up my "Decoded File" (TransitTextures.TGI). That's what I renamed it as when I saved the decoded version of it, but I can't find it with Reader. Please help me and then it should (hopefully) be smooth sailing from there. Sorry that this is no longer SC4Tool related.