Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat

Author Topic: NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE  (Read 1038668 times)

Offline hakki

• Forums Inhabitant
  • Your slogan here
Re: NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE
« Reply #4540 on: April 19, 2019, 06:47:35 AM »
Hello,

I have these visual issues with euro textures, where regional transport view isn't showing RHW-6S at all and any diagonal section of any RHW wider than RHW-4 isn't showing either. In a city at zoom level 1, RHW-6S textures are not showing in slopes when viewed from uphill to downhill direction. I've tried Standard Euro, Hamburg and Euro Single Solid Line styles and this happens with all of them. I also tried installing only NAM in an otherwise empty plugins folder and using a fresh region and city tile. With Retextured Standard (American) style the region view looks fine and the textures aren't disappearing in slopes.

Online Tarkus

• Administrator
  • Forums Legend
  • NAM Team Tankadillo
    • NAM HQ
  • CL: Dr. PuzzlePiece
« Reply #4541 on: April 19, 2019, 08:07:31 PM »
This isn't the first time I've seen this reported--it has to do with the use of a special "mipmapped" version of the RHW-6S texture that's in use in various spots.  The US one was done with some special trickery--the knowledge of which has been lost, and the (multiple) attempts to replicate it on the Euro end have all ended up in failure.  I was under the impression that the corrupt Euro mipmapped version was removed entirely, so I'm not sure where it is.  The file architecture on the Euro textures is a bit of a mess, to say the least--we're hoping to fix that by NAM 38.

The "Standard Euro", "Australian", "Hamburg", and "Euro Single Solid Line" options don't have any impact on the RHW--they affect Roads and NWM networks.

-Alex

Offline hakki

• Forums Inhabitant
  • Your slogan here
« Reply #4542 on: April 21, 2019, 06:42:14 AM »
Thanks for clarification.

I found this file: 'z___NAM\Road Textures\Euro Cosmetic Re-Texture Mod\RHW\0_Standard\RHW\z2_EU_RHW-Mipmaps.dat'. After removing it the textures are not glitched but yellow inside lines appears on 6S, 6C and 8C (L0) and on all of the elevated RHW networks. Strangely 8S and 10S (L0) still has white lines on straight sections but yellow lines on diagonal sections. RHW2, 3 and 4 has white lines on diagonals and on all elevation levels.

When using the mipmaps file all the surfaces on glitched networks are also just plain black at zoom 1.

I understand this is not a priority thing to fix but since I couldn't find any post about this issue, I thought I'd post my observations if it's of any use.

I guess the best compromise for me then would be to just remove the whole RHW textures folder to have non-glitched US textures on RHW networks while still having Euro textures on other road networks.

Offline EckhartsLadder

« Reply #4543 on: May 21, 2019, 11:41:39 AM »
I recently installed the mod for a clean steam install. For some reason I'm unable to place any roads.
Same issue as in this thread: https://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/74820-nam-road-icon-shows-up-but-cant-build/

I've tried re-running the compiler, and re-installing, with no luck.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Online Tarkus

• Administrator
  • Forums Legend
  • NAM Team Tankadillo
    • NAM HQ
  • CL: Dr. PuzzlePiece
« Reply #4544 on: May 21, 2019, 04:03:25 PM »
Hi EckhartsLadder-

If the new icons are giving you the red arrow, as in the link, it's either a missing controller file, (much less likely in a clean install) you've also installed some other old transit mod that is loading after the NAM and causing the game to ignore the controller.  Assuming you're using the standard installation directory, the NAM Controller should be in the My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Network Addon Mod folder--the file would be called NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat.  It should be a fairly large file--depending on your installation options, it could somewhere in the vicinity of 150MB.

This sort of thing has been happening with some installations lately--the installer is pretty horribly temperamental at the moment (a big part of the reason there isn't a NAM 37 yet). 
If it isn't there, or is abnormally small, the best bet might be to reach into the installer with 7-zip (right click the installer, go down to where it says "7-zip" on the pop-up menu, and select the "Open archive" option), then go into the $_68_ folder, followed by Tools > Controller Compiler > Network Addon Mod > Controller, and then click on either NetworkAddonMod_Controller_RIGHT_HAND_VERSION.dat or NetworkAddonMod_Controller_LEFT_HAND_VERSION.dat (if vehicles drive on the right in your version of the game, select the "RIGHT" version, otherwise, the "LEFT" version), and drag it into the Network Addon Mod installation folder, extracting it.

-Alex

Offline EckhartsLadder

« Reply #4545 on: May 21, 2019, 06:25:04 PM »
Hi Alex, thanks for your (remarkably!  &apls) quick response. The dat file is about 80mb. That seems right, but I'll try what you suggested tomorrow. Thanks!

Offline EckhartsLadder

« Reply #4546 on: May 22, 2019, 01:40:54 PM »
Unfortunately that solution didn't help. I extracted the file and tried it both with the existing bat and on its own. Still the same issues. I've tried it with a clean plugins folder as well. I'm attaching a pic of my name folder.