• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your---- Farms!

Started by stevenbhardy, July 24, 2010, 05:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

Wow, Dai9988, your screen is beautiful! So colorful and... realistic  &apls
mike3775 - Looks nice from region view, but from the city view I'm not sure what exactly are homes and what are fields :P
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

mike3775

Quote from: kbieniu7 on December 30, 2011, 10:55:03 AM
mike3775 - Looks nice from region view, but from the city view I'm not sure what exactly are homes and what are fields :P

Yeah I need to zoom in more for the city view, but I never liked small pictures of a small area, so I zoomed out.  I need to get way more farm buildings also(I have quite a few) and block maxis though

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

avrelivs

Dantes

FrankU

Nice work Terring7 and avrelivs!

Now let me show some samples of my new farm fields.

And a bit closer.

If you want them, take a look at the STEX.

mike3775

Quote from: FrankU on April 17, 2012, 01:30:26 AM
Nice work Terring7 and avrelivs!

Now let me show some samples of my new farm fields.

And a bit closer.

If you want them, take a look at the STEX.

Nice.  Incidentally the link in your sig to the STEX uploads is broken

FrankU

Quote from: mike3775 on April 17, 2012, 10:32:11 AM
Nice.  Incidentally the link in your sig to the STEX uploads is broken

Thanks Mike3775, I did repair it.

4arta

@frankU: wooow,, I like the color of your farm frankU  &apls

may I join  $%Grinno$% this my farm  :D
Feel Italy, Enjoy Mediterranean beach and burn your skin   ::)

noahclem

Wow, spectacular farm pictures guys  &apls &apls  And your creations look excellent as always FrankU  :thumbsup:

I'd love to share something but I've never made a farm  :'(   Someday.....

mike3775

some pics of my farms:
For some reason, my game is deciding to build landmarks as farms, I have 3 Great Pyramid farms, a couple Alamo farms, and 3 Acropolis farms. 

Harvest time

Med farm

Timber area

FrankU

Hi Mike,

I guess you got the CAM installed? The stage 7 farms are landmarks. I don't know them very well, but I know it works that way. Otherwise there is someting rotten in the land of your Sims.

RickD

Hmm, those pyramid farms are intriguing.  :satisfied:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

KoV Liberty

That is all.

(I have no idea whats going on there)

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Terring7

It's a C.A.M. feature, so it's normal to have Parthenons and Pyramids. There is a mod that removes the landmarks from the agricultural zones.
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

mike3775

Quote from: FrankU on April 23, 2012, 07:01:11 AM
Hi Mike,

I guess you got the CAM installed? The stage 7 farms are landmarks. I don't know them very well, but I know it works that way. Otherwise there is someting rotten in the land of your Sims.

Yes I do.  I never managed to get stage 7 farms before, so it was quite the shock.

Quote from: RickD on April 23, 2012, 07:14:21 AM
Hmm, those pyramid farms are intriguing.  :satisfied:

At first I was surprised, but after thinking about it, it actually does please me to see it, because if I ever really do get to where I can play a city for more than 200 game years(my record is 150 game years before I obliterate and start over) having them appear randomly be a nice little touch if I decide to tell a story.

Quote from: Terring7 on April 23, 2012, 10:56:56 AM
It's a C.A.M. feature, so it's normal to have Parthenons and Pyramids. There is a mod that removes the landmarks from the agricultural zones.

I never knew that.  I think I will grab that mod and install it when I zone my next patch of farmland and go from there.

jmyers2043

Quote from: mike3775 on April 23, 2012, 03:30:53 PM
At first I was surprised, but after thinking about it, it actually does please me to see it,

That is actually an achievement because it is not easy to get a stage 7 farm to grow. IIRC it requires a high industrial capacity and the farm zone has to be within the influence of a park or something with park effect. 

Think about the landmark Stonehenge. It is located in the middle of the English country side in real life.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mike3775

Quote from: jmyers2043 on April 23, 2012, 06:14:15 PM
Quote from: mike3775 on April 23, 2012, 03:30:53 PM
At first I was surprised, but after thinking about it, it actually does please me to see it,

That is actually an achievement because it is not easy to get a stage 7 farm to grow. IIRC it requires a high industrial capacity and the farm zone has to be within the influence of a park or something with park effect. 

Think about the landmark Stonehenge. It is located in the middle of the English country side in real life.

- Jim

seriously the reqs are that high?  I guess using the Peg woodland as boundary lines is why it got that high.  The city only has 22K people in it, and its all zones 1x1 low density(although I do have a bunch of 2x2 houses since the game combined lots) and only 15 3x3 medium density zoned area's, and the rest of the land is all 10x10, and 20x20 farms, along with a couple larger farms. 

I see the point about Stonehenge though, and honestly I think its pretty neat to see, just do not want to see a whole bunch of them like Coit Tower likes to do in the Commercial zones  lol

EDIT:  Here are pics of various landmark farms, plus a couple of farms I recently downloaded and added(thanks to Frank and Bison)
Tower of London

Temple of Delphi

A Windmill landmark(can't remember where I got this one)

Sphynx

Parthenon

Maize Farm(this is a Frank and Bison farm, I love the great details in this one)

Great Pyramid

Euro-Fresh (I assume this is from JMeyers as thats what the details say, I honestly can't remember grabbing this, but I like the great details in it)

Don Quixote (no recall of this at all)

Avalon Park(another no recall where I got)

Alamo

FrankU

Hi Mike,

The maize farm is not mine nor mrbisonm's. It's an RFR production that you got from the STEX.
I like the windmill farm. Is it actually a farm where the windmill grows as building/farmlot and the simgoober wildflower propfamilies shape the farm fields? It looks funny. Especially because I ask myself which crop is exactly meant to grow here. Although it's colorfull. And also I don't really understand the lotting of the windmill lot, with this fancy pavement. It looks more like a tourist reward lot or something like that. But that's my opinion.

mike3775

Quote from: FrankU on April 25, 2012, 12:42:33 AM
Hi Mike,

The maize farm is not mine nor mrbisonm's. It's an RFR production that you got from the STEX.
I like the windmill farm. Is it actually a farm where the windmill grows as building/farmlot and the simgoober wildflower propfamilies shape the farm fields? It looks funny. Especially because I ask myself which crop is exactly meant to grow here. Although it's colorfull. And also I don't really understand the lotting of the windmill lot, with this fancy pavement. It looks more like a tourist reward lot or something like that. But that's my opinion.

Oh I thought it was yours. 

I dont understand it either, I have downloaded so much stuff over the years that come as rewards(especially from BSC) that I honestly have zero idea what the game is thinking when it grows these farms these days  lol