SC4D Homepage
BSC File Exchange
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Have a city to share that's not from SC4? Our MD Section is here for you too!

Author Topic: Replace building in PIM-X LE  (Read 3392 times)

Offline bradf_50

• Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead
Replace building in PIM-X LE
« on: July 10, 2013, 09:51:13 PM »
Hey all

OK just started working with PIM-X a couple of days ago. I'm trying to find where you can replace the building in this new LE.

I read the user guide and I don't see where it is mentioned about changing the building.

TIA

Brad

Sim City 4 Devotion Forums

Replace building in PIM-X LE
« on: July 10, 2013, 09:51:13 PM »

Re: Replace building in PIM-X LE

Offline vortext

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 01:56:52 PM »
Hi, welcome to SC4D!  :)

Good to hear you started using the PIM-X as it's far better than Maxis LE. However, you've come across one out the two advantages Maxis LE has over PIM-X.

As you've noticed PIM-X doesn't have a 'building replace' function. So if you want to change models you'll have to make a new lot out of the desired model first. Then copy/past all the textures and props from the old over to the new lot.

Hope this helps!

Oh and in case you're wondering, the other advantage Maxis LE has over PIM-X is the ability to add water restriction to the lot. Other than that PIM-X is very versatile!  ;)

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 01:56:52 PM »

Offline bradf_50

• Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 08:34:08 PM »
Hi, welcome to SC4D!  :)

Good to hear you started using the PIM-X as it's far better than Maxis LE. However, you've come across one out the two advantages Maxis LE has over PIM-X.

As you've noticed PIM-X doesn't have a 'building replace' function. So if you want to change models you'll have to make a new lot out of the desired model first. Then copy/past all the textures and props from the old over to the new lot.

Hope this helps!

Oh and in case you're wondering, the other advantage Maxis LE has over PIM-X is the ability to add water restriction to the lot. Other than that PIM-X is very versatile!  ;)

Hi

Thanks for getting back!

I was hoping it wasn't me!  At least I know now I have to go to the old to replace the bldg. Yea I agree the PIM-X is a whole lot better! You do have to get used to the keyboard shortcuts but I figure for the pluses I'll deal with the learning curve. I haven't got into the water restriction part of it yet, so that isn't a deal breaker either! I only started to learn to lot just about a week or so ago so I'm still learning a lot.

Anyway thanks again!!

Brad

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 08:34:08 PM »

If you experience visual glitches in our site, we strongly suggest you to use Firefox to browse the forums. Also a 1024*768 or higher resolution is highly recommended to view this site

Latest News

Have a city to share that's not from SC4? Our MD Section is here for you too!

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2011
SMFAds for Free Forums

Page created in 0.537 seconds with 54 queries.