• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lars' MD - Featuring the Zollernmark - First 2009 Update

Started by praiodan, February 09, 2007, 02:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarmineHilton

So true DJ! Newspapers give an extra touch of realism to a CJ :)
It has some nice articles also, really good =)

And you can count on my vote for Zollermark's Ambassadorship to the SCJU, héhé ;)

xo Carmine

south park

nice newspapper and congrats for your 100 post in your MD !! :thumbsup:
cairo and tropicalia (my cities) on tsc:
http://toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=441267

bat

Your newspaper is looking very good! Fantastic work on it!!!

Looking forward to more... ;)

Yoman

Why have I never stopped in here before? A stupid decision on my part. I'm loving this MD, the best part is the organic feel and flow of the residential areas (and your great work with railways). I will have to stop in more often  :thumbsup:

praiodan

There I am again  :) Thanks for all your comments!

@ Sheep49
Hey Piotr, nevermind. I know exactly what you mean with the school work (though I got holidays right now  :P). But thanks for stopping by anyway  :)

@ DJ
Haha, remember though that you have to spell it with a sharp Z, not a soft one like in "Zoo". It's rather like there's a T before the Z  :P BTW, with every day the rail prop package gets closer to its release (no fix date though).  :)

@ Carmine
If you like media, you will like the coming update as well I guess  ;D

@ Yoman
I, though, hope that the shown pics won't rise your expectations (esp. regarding the rails) too high in future  $%Grinno$%

5. Lowangen - Bahnhofsviertel and surroundings...
Today I'll show you around the Bahnhofsviertel, which is the quarter around the main station of Lowangen. It kind of connects the CBD in the north with Auguststadt in the south.

Lowangen central (also HBF). More than 200,000 passengers frequenting this station everyday make it the second busiest right after Kronstadt central.

The HBF is perfectly connected to Lowangen's public transport systems. 9 of 14 tram lines, 3 subway lines and about a dozen bus lines stop around, in front or beneath the station. You can practically get everywhere in the city from here most easily.

Just around the corner, the Bahnhofsstraße and the Breite Straße are crossing.

The A351 acts as a feeder to the Stadtautobahn A30 and leads directly into the Bahnhofsviertel and Auguststadt.

Bruderkrieg-Gedenkpark (War of Brothers Memorial Park - the War of Brothers took place 1907-1913 between the Royalists and the Republicans) in the quarter "Neu Lowangen".

Small section of "the scar". The scar is a commonly used term for the traffic area, consisting of the A30 motorway and the main rail tracks, that kind of "cuts" through the city and looks like a scar from above.

Commerces along the Königsburger Landstraße and the overburdened main tram track.

The Königsburger Landstraße crosses the busy Hehrfurter Platz.

That's it of Lowangen for today. But I got still something for you: a bit of the latest newscast on EZF (Erstes Zollersisches Fernsehen)

"New Rhodesia - In the course of the last SCJU Secourity Council meeting, the ambassadorship application, which the King filed a week ago, for the Zollernmark was granted. His very Majesty announced to comment on this personally in his State of the Kingdom speech this evening, that will be held to conclude this year's Azalea Feast."

"On behalf of the King I may announce his very happiness about this happening. We believe that being an ambassador state will benefit both; us - the Mark - and the Union. It is our sincere hope to establish good relations with the other deputized nations. This is a step of extremly high importance for the Kingdom to be finally able to shake the current misery of international isolation off. For having made this a possible action, we are thankful to all the member states that gave their very support to the application., said Hermann Jal, chairman of the KNA*, at this morning's press conference."

*Königliche Nachrichtenagentur (Royal Information Agency)

CarmineHilton

Great pictures! Totally love them =)
And welcome to the SCJU!! xo

sebes

Do me that King!!!!   :P     
And a great newspaper by the way. I also love the last update, It realy has a berlinerisch feeling to it, but I don't know exactly why though. The HBF sections is very nice... I got some inspiration that I migth try out near Rhenen Central station as well.

So - what does one need to do to get good diplomatic relations with the spicy King?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Dark_Jedi06

Absolutely gorgeous! Your MD just reeks with a European vibe and especially love the use of rail and the avenue GLR. Worthy of many rounds of applause. &apls

Welcome to the SCJU! ;D
...this space to be filled soon...

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

M4346

Very beautiful indeed! And stunning transit networks!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

art128

that's a great update Lars :thumbsup:
it's a really great city you have here  :thumbsup: &apls
I have some little thing to say:
1 I really don't like the parking along the highway on pic 4  ;) I think that's not very realistic  ;) (but it's my opinion  ;D )
the tram station in pic 1 is very big  :o  ;D
and last, where did you find the train station ?
looking forward to more of your great city  ;)
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

feliwi

wonderful md! May I ask where I can find the huge central station you used in one of your last updates?

pipishere

A fabulous update...some very unique buildings in there. Welcome to the SCJU too :)

praiodan

Thanks for your comments, everybody!

@ Carmine, DJ, Pip
Thanks for your welcoming wishes  :)

@ sebes
Haha, getting into good relations with F-A III. might be quite easy. Just support him while he's going through with his... well... special style of governancing  :D Shall I ask him for a private audience with you?  :P

@ art128
Ah, well, you can find something like this at quite some places in Berlin around and also beneath highways, though in a smaller scale I've got to confess, so it's not thaaaaat unrealistic at all I think. Apart from that, for such an inner city setting, some parking area is never wrong on some space that would be rather useless and very hard to develope something on it  ;)
The train station btw is a compound of NOB's Hiroshima Central Station (which unfortuatly is not available in its original form anymore since he took is creations offline, but the building might be included in one of the Building Packs available on the LEX: Pack 1, Pack 2, Pack 3) and a self-made and unreleased glass hall (kind of inspired by the Berlin Central Station).  :)

@ feliwi
As said above in the reply to Arthur, the station itself is not available anymore, but the main building might have been included in one of the NOB Mega Packs, available at the LEX. The hall, however, is my own creation and will most probably stay unreleased as I didn't put so much effort into it and therefore it's not really worth a release  $%Grinno$%

vester

I really love that transport center with the HBF, the bus station, the tram stop and subway station.  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Wonderful work here, as always, Lars!

It's so great to have you back and around here in the MDs!

Take care,

Dustin

CabraBuitre

Looks great Lars...!  I really like the extensive GLR and the W2W, especially with the mixed types of architecture and building types.  Though they're not the same as the adjacent ones, you have the same theme throughout... and it really works!  (I have no idea if that actually made sense...)

Keep up the great work!!

Check out Abelfarei!

kbieniu7

Very nice tenements and GLR, but I sometimes feel some mess with those maxis shops in it ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

bat

Fantastic update there! And great use of the GLR!!
Nice work! :thumbsup:

praiodan

Thanks a lot guys  :)

@ CabraBuitre
Sure, I think it made some sense  ;D

@ kbieniu7
Messes with Maxis shops? How come? Can't see any messes  :)

6. Lowangen - Auguststadt Mosaic
Because I didn't found the time to prepare a real update for you, I created a little mosaic. Hope you'll like it  :)

The Revonnenallee is one of the most adorned procession streets in the Zollernmark. It was set up as the heart of the Auguststadt, which's construction works started in 1752 by order of August-Gustav I. von Revonna, also known as August the Great Elector of Revonnia. The Auguststadt served him and his successors as a residence city near Lowangen, which ever had been the county's actual capital. During the 19th century, the Auguststadt was incorporated to Lowangen, as the developements completly surrounded the residence by now. Nowadays, the Revonnen dynasty still inhabits the Revonnenpalast and the Revonnenallee became a famous aim for tourists.