• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Seraf's Atelier

Started by seraf, June 08, 2009, 04:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Bauer

The Farley Post Office is breathtaking and huge. I am looking forward to seeing the textures.

mave94

Your work is truly great! :thumbsup:
If I was that good....

serebii666

YAY! I could not find any suitable stand in for the post office, so now that you're doing it just made my week! BTW how many tiles is it probably going to be?
"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

thingfishs

Quote from: seraf on February 19, 2011, 03:08:06 PM

Wow, it looks just like the real thing!! You've done a great job with it thus far  &apls

Maybe the vertical poles are a bit thin, I'm not sure... Here is a video of a band playing in the gazebo, see what you think (I'm in the band btw ;))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8k8czwMVHg

jmyers2043

Quote from: thingfishs on March 04, 2011, 03:54:06 AM
Here is a video of a band playing in the gazebo, see what you think (I'm in the band btw ;))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8k8czwMVHg

So this is the guess who Thingfish is contest? My vote is the drummer.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

thingfishs

Quote from: jmyers2043 on March 04, 2011, 07:33:06 AM
So this is the guess who Thingfish is contest? My vote is the drummer.

guess again...  ;)

It's a pretty crappy clip though - a better one of us is here: http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/21919779#pm_cmp=vid_OEV_P_P

seraf

Jack Bauer - I think I should finish modeling soon and then start texturing, I hope it will be better than on Custom House, I really want to make my textures better  :'(
MrMAvE94 - Thank you!
serebii666 - Thank you :) I think it should be something like 8-9x15-16 ^^
thingfishs - You are right, I'll fix the poles soon :) Nice music BTW :D

Ok, except news about Farley I have some other:

I resumed works on Columbian Exposition Recreation, first of all I try to fix all issues on Main Basin (it will be canal set) and here's a result: (now i must change the textures)

I'm also working on Palazzo Chiericati from Vicenza:

There is one more project I started, I'm very excited about it :D I don't know how much time it'll take to finish it... probably something like Bethesda Terrace, but this project is from Paris. Who will try guessing what it is?

Girafe

good job Seraf  &apls &apls &apls

Opera Garnier ???
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

serebii666

Ohh pretty! I love the palazzo Chiericati! I would guess (hope :D) the Opera Garnier, Galeries Laffayete, or Place Vendome  :)

Good luck with what ever will be!  &apls  &apls
"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

Sciurus

Excellent building &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

seraf

Thank you guys.
I have some update from CER: (please tell me what you think about textures now)

And Kaiser Wilhelm NationalDenkmal:

And yes, that project from Paris is Palais Garnier. I simply love that building, but I don't know if I should treat it as SC4 project. Palais Garnier and Pennsylvania Station are more like test of my modelling skills and that's why I started interiors too. I don't know when I'll be able to show some pics form Palais Garnier. The case with Opera is more difficult than with Penn Station because drawings of the Opera are very rare :( I found few plans from Garnier's work Le nouvel Opera and they're very useful but even with them the work is very hard.

Jack_wilds

you seem to have a knack for these type of projects...

Sciurus

Nice projects you have and I wish you good luck for the Opéra Garnier... maybe some photos of it could be usefull for you?

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Aaron Graham

Looks great, Love the details. Keep it up. &apls
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

seraf

Jack_wilds - Is that wrong? ^^
Sciurus - I already gathered a considerable collection of photos of the Opéra Garnier, I can only hope they will be sufficient to make good model :)
Aaron Graham - Thank you!

Ok, here we have render of Agriculture Building from Columbian Exposition. It's only half of the building because I must divide model into two parts. The model is finished but I'm still experimenting with textures to make them better.
For that while I changed color of elevation (I forgot to also changed the texture od bigger columns and pilasters), I think the color of glass on the roof is good but I need to change texture of non-transparent parts of the roof ... any sugestions?  ;D

Aaron Graham

Wow!!! great job!!! &apls  &apls  &apls
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

serebii666

I have seen beauty. I can die now.  ;D Great Job!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

art128

Debussyman get ou of seraf now !!  &apls &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

seraf

Buzzit, Aaron Thank you!

serebii666 - I could die when I have seen that kind of buildings built again in reality, which means I should live forever*  :D

art128 - Thank you! It's so nice for me to hear that but I think I need more experience if I want to be as good as Debussy ^^

Only small update: I finished gazebo from Adelaide.

HD render:

I changed texture of floor because I don't like the real floor, hope you like it guys :)

*sorry for this twisted grammar ^^"