• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Seraf's Atelier

Started by seraf, June 08, 2009, 04:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seraf

My next project is finished:

thingfishs

It looks nice Seraf, if a little empty.
It's some kind of eating area? I think it needs more, be it tables, or plants, something.
I like the ivy or whatever they are on the outside wall. Good work :thumbsup:

kimcar

Great work  &apls, but i agree with thingfishs , miss somethings inside. Is it from a real building this creation?

seraf

thingfishs - Thank you :) It's some kind of school centre; I saw tables and chairs in some of my pictures, so I decided to make them instead of scietific exhibition :) I'm glad you like the ivy, I spent a lot of time to create it :D

kimcar - Yes :) This is Nash conservatory from Kew Gardens :)

I finished one of fife props for my Kew Gardens Prop Pack :)

I keep thinking about winter version of this prop and all the rest. But I don't know if anyone needs this...

kimcar

&apls &apls Great props. And that will be very nice the winter version :thumbsup:

gottago

The rotonda is very good, and the greenhouse too, but you need to add some opacity to the glass roof--it looks like nothing is there right now.

It's a great project to do Kew--beautiful and very important in the history of landscape architecture.  :thumbsup:

CabraBuitre

Quote from: gottago on December 31, 2009, 11:54:45 AM
The rotonda is very good, and the greenhouse too, but you need to add some opacity to the glass roof--it looks like nothing is there right now.

It's a great project to do Kew--beautiful and very important in the history of landscape architecture.  :thumbsup:

I agree... the glass is too transparent.  Your works are excellent though!

I don't know much about the Kew Gardens but they look beautiful.  The Chicago Botanic garden is only a few miles from my house and I've tried to use it as inspiration... but there is a lack of quality garden BATS that you're filling quite nicely!  The Chicago Botanic Garden doesn't have the architecture or structures that other gardens like the Kew have... but they've got wonderful plantlife!

As I said, I live near Chicago and I've always wanted to recreate the 1893 World Columbian Exposition that was held in Chicago.  I think I'd be able to use some of your garden buildings to recreate it.

Check out some (obviously very old) pictures:  http://images.google.com/images?q=Columbian+Exposition&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7SUNA&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Check out Abelfarei!

seraf

Thank you all :)

CabraBuitre - I've heard about Chicago Botanical Garden. Indeed they don't have any typical victorian glasshouses but it's not a flaw for me :)
Regarding CE - I keep thinking about making Agricultural Building but my timetable is full and I don't know when this could change  :-[

I've finished the second prop for KGPP. I hope the glass is better than last version :)

Winter version of first prop:

SimNation

Looking good man. Cannot wait to see what new green goods you have coming out next. Greenhouses are a much needed thing for sc4 and I for one am glade your doing many.

thingfishs

Completely agreed, the more greenhouses the better and seraf is making some really nice ones. :thumbsup:
Great rotunda as well. I was going to say it reminded me of one we have here in Adelaide but when I checked a photo I realised they look nothing the same. :)
It was shipped out here from Scotland a long time ago. I hope to get around to this beauty one day, but if you're ever feeling bored...

kimcar

&apls &aplsBravo very nice

seraf

SimNation - Thank you, I would make a few more glasshouses, like a Palm House from Kew or Schönbrunn :)

thingfish - I think I should find some time for this beautiful gazebo :)

kimcar - Thank you :)

I'm working on a few projects at the moment, one of which is Michigan Central Station :)

And a little snack; Cherry Hill Fountain from NY Central Park  ;D

gottago

The beginning of the station looks truly excellent, and the small fountain in Central Park as well.  Please export it in HD to preserve as much of the detail as possible.  &apls

Girafe

The fountain is AWESOME    &apls &apls and the other things, too

how do you do the water of the foutain ??

;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

thingfishs

great work seraf :thumbsup:

I'm a big fan of gardens and value all your great garden themed creations, like that fountain.
I'm glad you like the gazebo and if you do ever find the time that would be amazing.

kimcar

&apls &apls Awesome. Excellent project that you have. Have fun :thumbsup:

seraf

Thanks all, :)

Girafe - I made the water with this tutorial :)

Small update for MCS;

And some other bridges from Central Park:

Work on the terraces is resumed:

mightygoose

your work here is crazy good, i cant wait to seee MCS finished.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

kimcar

:o I just can`t wait too to see your project finish. That will be a masterpiece  for sure &apls &apls

rooker1

Absolutely incredible.
&apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.